pvp PS4 Custom PVP Boosted Ragnarok-Abberation - 4xTaming, 2xGather, 16xMature, ...

Play a custom ark experience that you've never seen before!

I've setup a new PS4 PVP dedicated server on the Ragnarok map with Aberration dinos, resources, and engrams.

This is a boosted server with lots of tweaks and custom settings to make the game more balanced and enjoyable. This includes custom XP curves and from-scratch rebuilt loot system. It's also a 6-man tribe server.

I've written out all the changes in detail below. These configurations are subject to change.

The server name is: ForgeWorks Public PVP Ragnarok-Abberation.

I'll answer questions or suggestions if anyone has any.

Thanks,
ForgeMaster

SERVER CONFIGURATION:

Spoiler

Important Rates:

• Taming: 4x.
  • Harvesting: 2x.
  • Mating: 2x.
  • Egg hatching: 4x.
  • Mature speed: 16x.
  • Egg laying: 1x.
  • Cuddle: 8x.

General Settings / Changes:

• No admin.
  • Holiday / special events will match official.
  • Dino wipes may be done when needed or possibly requested.
  • Admin will not be using commands or any advantages for playing.
  • Tribes are limited to 6 players.
  • 3rd person is allowed.
  • Map location is enabled.
  • The day/night cycle time has been doubled. It will be day time twice as long, night time half as long.
  • Player food and water drain reduced by 25% so your not constantly eating / drinking.
  • Player stamina drain reduced by 50% because we aren't fat.
  • Dino stamina drain reduced by 50% because dinos because they should be able to run for more than a few seconds.
  • Corse locator is enabled. Finding your bag is annoying.
  • Gamma is enabled.
  • Damage markers are disabled. Wish we had private markers I could enable.
  • Anyone in your tribe can imprint on dinos. No one likes to babysit.
  • Platform saddles can have multiple floors.
  • Building no clip is enabled. It's tough for pvp but ark building sucks.
  • Dino tame limit is currently set to 300. This may change.
  • No permanent diseases. How can a new body still be sick?
  • Difficulty is default Ragnarok: 5.0
  • Spawn animations have been disabled.
  • Crosshair and hit markers are enabled.
  • Resources should respawn closer to your base. Place foundations if you want them cleared out.
  • Multiple unicorns can be tamed!
  • Spoiling will take 3x longer to spoil. No more instant spoiling of prime.
  • Items dropped will take 3x longer to disappear.
  • Your corpse bag will take 5x longer to disappear.
  • Baby dinos will consume 50% less food. No more instant dead babies.
  • Crops will grow 3x faster and last 4x longer before decaying.
  • Spike walls will damage wild dinos. I think it's stupid they don't normally.
  • Each level of weight applied to dinos will double to balance out harvesting.
  • Many building related engrams have had their engram point cost reduced.
  • All tek items except for the tek replicator and tek light have been removed for balancing. You’ll still need to defeat the map boss to unlock these engrams and get the required element.
  • Decorative engrams have been moved to level 1, only cost 1 engram point, and have lower crafting requirements. Why did these cost so much in the first place?
  • Dino spawns for pegomastax, manta, troodon, and ichthynoris have been reduced by 50%. Rejoice!
  • Titanosaurs have been removed from the game for balancing purposes.
  • A few misc engrams have been moved to different levels and require different engram points and have different resource requirements.
  • The player and dino XP curve has been rounded out. It may take more XP to level up in early levels but late game levels will take a lot less XP that on official.
  • Loot beacons, cave drops, ocean drops, and boss drops have had a complete rework and are now much more balanced and randomized. You'll never know what you are going to get!

Special gathering rates:

• Flint = 1.5x.
  • Element = 3x.
  • Rare mushroom = 2x.
  • Green, blue, and red gem = 3x.
  • Clay = 2x.
  • Narcoberry = 1.5x.

Aberration:

• Because aberration engrams aren’t enabled on Ragnarok, aberration engrams will automatically unlock once you reach the required level.
  • See section below for info on Aberration dinos.
  • See section below for info on where to find Aberration resources.
  • All aberration items and structures can be used on Ragnarok except for gas ball collectors and charge lanterns as there are no gas veins or charging stations for batteries.
  • All engrams that required fungal wood have been changed to regular wood as there wasn’t a good way to harvest it / add it.

Aberration Resources:

• Green Gems: digging moll rats, poison and alpha wyvern drops, loot beacon drops.
  • Blue Gems: digging moll rats, lightning and alpha wyvern drops, loot beacon drops.
  • Red Gems: digging moll rats, fire and alpha wyvern drops, loot beacon drops.
  • Gas Balls: leedsichthys drops, basilosaurus drops, loot beacon drops.
  • Mushrooms and plant species Z: brontosaurus, diplodocus drops.

Aberration Dinos:

• Nameless, reapers, and glowbugs can't be added to the map.
  • Lamprey are not on the map as I don't believe they have any use with no radiation zones.
  • All other dinos have been added as best as I can to locations that would make sense for that creature. They are great additions to the map!
  • All dinos can be tamed normally except for rock drakes and basilisks. See below sections for details on how to tame them.
  • I didn't add any of the aberrant / glowing creatures.

Rock Drake:

• There are no rock drake nests on the map and they can't be added in any way.
  • To get around this, I've added fertilized rock drake eggs as a rare drop on wild rock drakes.
  • Due to game limitations, the eggs will always spawn in at level 1 so you won't get a very high level max rock drake.
  • Because of a game bug,  the eggs will also spawn in with 0 health. Dropping the egg anywhere that doesn’t have the required temperature will instantly kill the egg so be careful. As long as you keep the egg in your inventory, a dino inventory, or in a preserving bin / refrigerator, the egg seems to be okay.
  • Because there are no nameless that spawn on the map, I've added nameless venom to rare titanoboa drops for food / imprinting.

Basilisk:

• Read above rock drake section on how to get rock drake eggs.
  • Because rock drake eggs instantly die when dropped without being under enough AC, you'll have to get creative on how to tame them.
  • I've tested myself and I was able to do so. Think outside the box!

PVP:

• The following are recommendations / encouragements to keep the pvp friendly. These aren't required and they won't be enforced.
  • Don't pick on new players, let people build and grow before challenging them. Sandbagging is for losers.
  • Don't kill passive or harmless dinos. Taming / breeding is a lot of work.
  • Don't totally destroy / wipe a base and instead destroy only what’s need to get inside and loot. Starting over sucks.
  • Released captured prisoners after a few days / weeks or offer their tribe a random. It's no fun when no one can play.

This is perfect! I've got a group of 5 that would love to join. We're struggling to find a good server with decent people. Love the PVP aspect of this game! It's fun to build up and attack and defend but getting completely wiped is the worst. Would like to see what other people have to say about joining this server ?

22 hours ago, Gumby563 said:

So the loot drops are custom? I've never been on a server that did this, nor did I even know this is possible. How custom are they? If you could just give a general idea?

Basically the loot beacon system is made of a bunch of loot tables where each beacon is made up of 1 or more loot packages and each package can contain 1 or more items. The default drops made by wildcard are pretty terrible / lazy because there isn't a good range of packages and items in those packages. This leaves you with a lot of the same gear over and over. I've made the loot tables for ragnarok from scratch by adding a ton of loot packages with different levels of quality the higher up the beacon is. So packages like farming, hunting, structures, guns, consumables, kibble, etc, etc. So essentially no more always getting medium crop plot blueprint. You can still get crappy drops but you can also get super good drops, from the same style of beacon. The randomness seems a lot better and makes it more exiting going after drops as even lower quality drops you'd normally skip over can still contain some decent gear.

34 minutes ago, Brianbub9704 said:

I would like to join, I’ve been looking for a good pvp server, not too OP

Great! Thanks for replying, I'll mark you down.

That's the reason I built the server. I'm still testing and tweaking a few things to find a good balance. So the settings I have aren't set in stone yet, but my goal was to make the game not such a drag but still keep it feel like a survival game.

Do you have a tribe or are you currently solo? If you have a tribe that would like to join, how many players? I'm just trying to figure out how many player slots I need on the server.

The server should be up tonight at 6:30PM central time or a few minutes after. Sometimes the servers take a few minutes to show up in the PS4 server list.

The server name is: ForgeWorks Public PVP Ragnarok-Abberation

It's got 20 slots for now. I may up this later if we have lots of players.

Good luck everyone!

So apparently the server has had damage numbers enabled for the past few days. I've tried a few times to disable them but it hasn't been working for some reason. I've tried something else, so hopefully it works properly now.
I also got a few messages about the XP curve. I've increased XP by 12.5%. So a small bump but nothing major.

The rock drakes not dropping fertilized eggs should be fixed. There was an issue when I exported the loot config and it was the unfertilized versions. Let me know if anyone is still having issues. I haven't had a lot of time to play yet.

Please keep in mind that all the eggs will still be at level 1 with 0 health due to game bugs. Please review my server config on the first post for more details about the limitations of that and how it relates to basilisk tames.

I've removed offline raid protection. It can be abused and wasn't intended to be active on this server. It's something that I forgot to disable.

There should also be a dino wipe when the server restarts up per request.

Not a bad server at all. Only gripe I have with it is red loot pickups like in ice cave and desert do not drop what they should be dropping. I farm them twice a day usually and keep in mind these are lvl 80 required drops and all I get is empty charge bats, and prim gear that you would get out of a purple drop on official.

On 9/25/2018 at 2:15 PM, DemonicRuins said:

Not a bad server at all. Only gripe I have with it is red loot pickups like in ice cave and desert do not drop what they should be dropping. I farm them twice a day usually and keep in mind these are lvl 80 required drops and all I get is empty charge bats, and prim gear that you would get out of a purple drop on official.

I'll work on removing charge batteries and charge lanterns as they don't have any use at the moment. What primitive gear are you getting? Riot? I've increased the range and scope of items you can get so you may not always get a weapon, or a piece of armor, or a saddle from like on official. Red deep sea, red desert, and red cave drops all have chances to drop journymen, mastercraft, or rare ascendant gear depending on the type of gear. Your best chances of getting the best gear (like riot) with best quality (like ascendant) would be lava golem, ice worm queen, and higher level bosses. In all my drops, you can still get good drops or not so good drops, but you'll usually get something that's useful. Rare resources, arrows, kibble, structures, etc. All packages have a chance to spawn a blueprint for anything in the package. For example, a package might contain shotgun ammo so it could drop a bunch of shells or a blueprint for shells. A shotgun shell blueprint would be a bad drop but this system applies to all drops. So you could get a blueprint for a weapons or armor or the actual weapon or armor in addition to other useful stuff. Hell if your really lucky, you can get motor boats, industrial forges, etc out of certain drops. The loot system could maybe use a few tweaks, and i'll work on that, but I think the loot system is about where I like it. And I've received a few DMs from other players saying they like were it's at. If you have any suggestions however, I'll definitely think about them. But my biggest recommendation is keep hitting all the drops you can from different sources. Go for regular beacons, deep sea, desert, cave, etc and work your way to beating the ice cave queen, lava golem, bosses etc.

I farm the poop out of the deep sea treasure chest and I would say out of 10 times I've checked, I would get ascendent level of something 6 of those times and some not so useful 4 times, but that's the RN Jesus at work. I got ascendent metal shield, mosa saddle, crossbow, fur boots and harpoon launcher bp. But I did get a Shogun ammo bp as one of the poopty rolls ?. All in all I like the fact that I'm getting rare type of kibble and good tier flak armor out of yellow and purple drops and ice cave drops.

On 10/1/2018 at 10:04 AM, ForgeMaster92 said:

I'll work on removing charge batteries and charge lanterns as they don't have any use at the moment. What primitive gear are you getting? Riot? I've increased the range and scope of items you can get so you may not always get a weapon, or a piece of armor, or a saddle from like on official. Red deep sea, red desert, and red cave drops all have chances to drop journymen, mastercraft, or rare ascendant gear depending on the type of gear. Your best chances of getting the best gear (like riot) with best quality (like ascendant) would be lava golem, ice worm queen, and higher level bosses. In all my drops, you can still get good drops or not so good drops, but you'll usually get something that's useful. Rare resources, arrows, kibble, structures, etc. All packages have a chance to spawn a blueprint for anything in the package. For example, a package might contain shotgun ammo so it could drop a bunch of shells or a blueprint for shells. A shotgun shell blueprint would be a bad drop but this system applies to all drops. So you could get a blueprint for a weapons or armor or the actual weapon or armor in addition to other useful stuff. Hell if your really lucky, you can get motor boats, industrial forges, etc out of certain drops. The loot system could maybe use a few tweaks, and i'll work on that, but I think the loot system is about where I like it. And I've received a few DMs from other players saying they like were it's at. If you have any suggestions however, I'll definitely think about them. But my biggest recommendation is keep hitting all the drops you can from different sources. Go for regular beacons, deep sea, desert, cave, etc and work your way to beating the ice cave queen, lava golem, bosses etc.

I farmed desert, ice cave and a few deep sea all day for days at a times and while I don't doubt gumbys experiences with it mine were on the other end of the spectrum. We took a break and went back to our official server for a while and there I did a comparison on loot drops just to see for peace of mind and there is no question that official loot drops are far more profitable and worth while doing on official. I was getting primitive junk essentially, prim fur, arrows, prim saddles. I never obtained a flak bp which flak BPs aren't in official loot table for desert but they are in cave. Also did a rex taming spree and found that 1 out of every 18 rexes I tamed on official would have a stat that would be worthwhile to breed (granted I didnt need to breed given I already have impecable bloodlines) with whereas on your server I tamed over 60 rexes and not a single one had a breed worthy stat. Not sure if this was a setting done intentional or unintentional or if it has been fixed since we took a stent of absence while we went back to our official server.

21 hours ago, DemonicRuins said:

I farmed desert, ice cave and a few deep sea all day for days at a times and while I don't doubt gumbys experiences with it mine were on the other end of the spectrum. We took a break and went back to our official server for a while and there I did a comparison on loot drops just to see for peace of mind and there is no question that official loot drops are far more profitable and worth while doing on official. I was getting primitive junk essentially, prim fur, arrows, prim saddles. I never obtained a flak bp which flak BPs aren't in official loot table for desert but they are in cave. Also did a rex taming spree and found that 1 out of every 18 rexes I tamed on official would have a stat that would be worthwhile to breed (granted I didnt need to breed given I already have impecable bloodlines) with whereas on your server I tamed over 60 rexes and not a single one had a breed worthy stat. Not sure if this was a setting done intentional or unintentional or if it has been fixed since we took a stent of absence while we went back to our official server.

I have adjusted the loot tables a bit so purple, yellow, red, as well as all cave, deep sea, desert, and boss drop will drop more packages which should result in more loot. I've also taken out charge batteries and lanterns as they can't be used on ragnarok. Also, did you ever try and bosses? Manticore/Dragon or Ice queen or Lava golem? If you do come back to this server, please let me know what you think. I've gotten some reports that the loot is good but I guess I got reports of that before also so I think you'd be a better metric. I'll continue to make tweaks or passes on the drops for a bit if needed.

As far as the rexes issue goes, I haven't touched any dino stats except for the dino weight and stamina drain multiplier so I don't have any idea why that would be. Unless there are some hidden mechanics that play into how the stats are rolled that I'm not aware of?

If you have any ideas on how to tweak the loot table, I'm open for suggestions. Essentially the  higher quality the gear (like giga saddle, riot armor, compound bow), the higher tier loot drop you need to be to get the better quality like master craft or ascendant. But as you get higher tier drops, the bottom end of the range of quality moves up so you shouldn't be getting prim flak in a red drop for example. Do you remember what drops you were getting the primitive fur out of? Just wondering if something is off or broken. You shouldn't be getting prim fur out of a red cave drop for example. It would be higher quality minimum.

• 1 month later...

Archived