pve End game goals?

Guest DJRone89

Guest DJRone89

I’ve lost the desire to play Ark other than for base maintenance. My tribe has also abandoned the game, and they are less motivated than me to play.

PvP is out of the question though. While I’d love to play it again, I don’t won’t to commit too much of my gaming time to Ark.

So for all of you PvE players, what do you aim for in the end game so I can set some goals for myself for when I feel like playing again?

Altenatively, should I just take an extended break until Extinction launches?

We have some thing on our list:

- Visiting all the caves on all maps

- doing alpha dragon on island

- Doing tek cave

- Taming a high lvl event basilisk

- Collecting event colored animals 

- Breeding for color combos

- Stealing wyv eggs with drake, megalania, ravager, on foot, Thyla (2x failed attempt, 2x successful attempt) /

- killing a giga and titano without trap/giga/wyvern/turrets/plants

- exploring rag and ab further

- Killing a (alpha) wyvern on foot

- jousting

- Finding a 85+ drake saddle BP

- Building a cat statue to live in

- Nomad style gameplay on SE, only ground animals and items allowed that spawn on the map, goal: raising a wyvern

- building a haunted house

- building a parcours / race track

- explore the oceans

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, Weiss said:

- Doing tek cave

- Stealing wyv eggs with drake, megalania, ravager, on foot, Thyla (2x failed attempt, 2x successful attempt) /

- jousting

- Nomad style gameplay on SE, only ground animals and items allowed that spawn on the map, goal: raising a wyvern

- explore the oceans

Great list thanks. I think I’ll focus my efforts on some community builds.

Guest DJRone89
6 hours ago, d1nk said:

I know something that will kill time and be helpful! Go pick up and dispose of all drake eggs and wyvern eggs to force new spawns :Jerbhi: haha :P 

I already did that on Aberration as soon as the map came into rotation. I’ll do it on both maps with my admin character over the weekend :)

Guest DJRone89
5 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

Oh man I remember arguing with you a while back about how Pve is dead and has no end goal. This is satisfying xD 

There’s loads of things I could be doing, I just want other people’s ideas thrown into the pool so I’m not limited by my own choices.

I only casually play Ark nowadays. I host 3 servers so it’s not like I’ll lose anything. The best part is that they are set up to the point where you could take several months off and only have to worry about generators - but I’ve beaten alpha Mega so my tek gennys have a few months worth of element in them.

7 hours ago, Weiss said:

- Doing tek cave

- jousting

- explore the oceans

Building a cat statue to live in?!? ? you actually done this?

Personally I rather enjoy creating working habitats or ecosystems beyond what the game provides.  If I want to keep things simple and relatively self sustaining I use the Simple Spawners mod to dictate what creatures spawn in a given area (and how often).  If I want to be a bit more "hands on" I build automated "baby boomers"... structures that house mated pairs of tames constructed in such a way as to allow the "unclaimed" offspring to exit the building on their own and (with a little luck) attain adulthood while roaming freely in the wild.  Of course unclaimed creatures will defend each other regardless of species, so that can yield some interesting results.

Basically I just enjoy making the game mechanics and creature AI function in new and interesting ways.  It keeps me off the streets at night.  ?

As  PvEr my end game goal is to do just that, get to the end game. On official I never really had a chance, and even when I became part of a tribe I only managed the two bosses on the island and I have a vague recollection of doing the maniticore. Now that I am on an unofficial server I feel I actually have a chance at going all the way. I would love to do all the bosses on all the maps if possible and even do ascension. Would be cool to do this to alpha level. Between now and then I guess I have the rest of the game to explore. I do love the unofficial set up, do what I want when I want without the mega time sink.

Guest DJRone89
53 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

As  PvEr my end game goal is to do just that, get to the end game. On official I never really had a chance, and even when I became part of a tribe I only managed the two bosses on the island and I have a vague recollection of doing the maniticore. Now that I am on an unofficial server I feel I actually have a chance at going all the way. I would love to do all the bosses on all the maps if possible and even do ascension. Would be cool to do this to alpha level. Between now and then I guess I have the rest of the game to explore. I do love the unofficial set up, do what I want when I want without the mega time sink.

Well the Island will come into rotation after Aberration though probably not until January so it’s plenty time for us to prepare for ascension. I’ll try convince people to come back on to the server closet to the time to so we can all go in as allies.

It can get stale on occasion and it's hard to give idea's without knowing what you've achieved. My personal goals;

Breed up to a 2000 hatch weight Quetz, currently at 1744.
Breed up to a 1000 hatch weight Argy, currently at 832.
Just started hunting and breeding Basil's.
Tame every dino in the game
Collect all the explorer notes
Create pack boosted boss fight squad using only Max number in pack so like 3 Allo's, 4 Kentro's, etc. and then beat the bosses with it.
Boosted settings will get stuff like that done quicker but since I'm on official it'll cover my time a bit more.
Grind can get too grindy so switch it up.
Mostly I'm waiting on Extinction to finish end game as well and then we'll see where it goes from there.
I'm sure to still have things on my list to accomplish but we'll see if I'm stubborn/committed enough to do so.

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, MyCatIsTeemo said:

My lategame objective, build a tower as high as map roof only using greenhouse, with an elevator going to the top. Lotsa crystal ?

Unless there are mods to eliminate the height limit, you can only build so many structures before you hit a limit. I think it’s around the 80 mark. What’s strange is that you can only place ceilings up so high but keep building pillars (I’m not sure if walls have the same height limit as ceilings).

On 9/11/2018 at 5:24 PM, DJRone89 said:

I’ve lost the desire to play Ark other than for base maintenance. My tribe has also abandoned the game, and they are less motivated than me to play.

PvP is out of the question though. While I’d love to play it again, I don’t won’t to commit too much of my gaming time to Ark.

So for all of you PvE players, what do you aim for in the end game so I can set some goals for myself for when I feel like playing again?

Altenatively, should I just take an extended break until Extinction launches?

if you dont mind keeping up base maintenance 1-2 times per week then I highly recommend you take a break and play other games so when the new DLC launches you will actually want to play it seriously.

Keep your main breeders and kill off the rest.

Let your garden go (unless you need berries to feed, just keep those plots), no need to keep it growing if you have no use for kibble.

Sell/kill your snails and crush your bees into the item form so it doesnt decay/no need to feed

This will significantly cut down on your maintenance list.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Demerus said:

if you dont mind keeping up base maintenance 1-2 times per week then I highly recommend you take a break and play other games so when the new DLC launches you will actually want to play it seriously.

Keep your main breeders and kill off the rest.

Let your garden go (unless you need berries to feed, just keep those plots), no need to keep it growing if you have no use for kibble.

Sell/kill your snails and crush your bees into the item form so it doesnt decay/no need to feed

This will significantly cut down on your maintenance list.

Good thing I’m on unofficial then as base maintenance is little to no effort - the Gigas and Deadons all have loads of kibble on them, but do Otters eat kibble because they are another concern?

Thanks for the beehive tip though, they are the only things that require me to pop on every week.

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:19 AM, DJRone89 said:

Unless there are mods to eliminate the height limit, you can only build so many structures before you hit a limit. I think it’s around the 80 mark. What’s strange is that you can only place ceilings up so high but keep building pillars (I’m not sure if walls have the same height limit as ceilings).

Elevator Tracks do have a Limit, i was trying to built a Elevator on Ragnaroks Slope of the Gods to connect the base of the Waterfall there to the top, i could just make it to the cave there than the Limit came in …. Building Project destroyed 

Archived