Giga killed for no reason

Guinea

So earlier I logged onto ark to find that 3/5 of my gigas had died. Tribe log just says they were killed, not killed by anything or starved. They were on passive in a behemoth gate cage so they couldn't of been kited off and I had fed them the day before so they did not starve. This is on official pve so players couldn't of killed them. Any ideas how they couldve died? 

38 minutes ago, Graf1cs said:

server may have rolled back to before you fed them? Highly unlikely but its happened before

The thing is tribe log did not say they starved. "Your Giganotosaurus was killed" was all it said. I was thinking somehow they fell through the map and drowned or something since I've had a bunch of dinos fall through lately.

30 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Could of been a pego spawned in and killed them. So many people lose big and powerful dino's to those stupid things. However since you are on PvE and there is ORP, food glitch seems most likely.

Shouldn't it say that a pego killed it in the tribelog then?

Any chance they could drown? I know that there are tricks to move other ppl's dino's in pve even when in ORP, perhaps that happened?

1 hour ago, eESTlane said:

base ontop of water? ceilings didn't render and gigas fell through, and drowned. i know drowning leaves no culprit. 

My base is on the weather top by South Spawn 1, so no.

12 minutes ago, Oli4 said:

Shouldn't it say that a pego killed it in the tribelog then?

Any chance they could drown? I know that there are tricks to move other ppl's dino's in pve even when in ORP, perhaps that happened?

They were in a behemoth gate cage so no one could've gotten in. They most likely weren't killed by a dino either because there are turrets protecting them. I have had an get in my hatchery with 5 turrets and kill the babies since the turrets wouldnt shoot  it and I had to manually kill it so maybe that would've happened. You never know with ark. 

IMG_20180911_143231.jpg

3 minutes ago, Guinea said:

They were in a behemoth gate cage so no one could've gotten in. They most likely weren't killed by a dino either because there are turrets protecting them. I have had an get in my hatchery with 5 turrets and kill the babies since the turrets wouldnt shoot  it and I had to manually kill it so maybe that would've happened. You never know with ark. 

a43cd4cb-f895-40df-9486-5433fb159dfa.jpg

Could you make a screenshot of your base?

22 hours ago, Guinea said:

IMG_20180911_143231.jpg

Gates and walls mean nothing if youre offline and nothing is rendering them. 

Whats with the major timestamp difference between #1 giga and #'s 2 and 3? Seems to me like a wild was in there or something. Do you play ORP? it would be impossible for anything to kill it offline so maybe something glitched through, was LOSing your turrets and slowly ate away at em (hence the just under 40 mins between kills?)

Archived