Community Crunch 148: Extinction Chronicles IV Next Week, Dev Diary, & Upcoming Server Maintenance!

Jen

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Looking at the dates for the Chronicle events, am I right in thinking that the last one(?) will still be running after Extinction’s release?

Maybe they'll bring the event forward. That's the problem with trying to do something on the same day of the week each month instead of the same date.

Guest DJRone89
28 minutes ago, GP said:

Maybe they'll bring the event forward. That's the problem with trying to do something on the same day of the week each month instead of the same date.

Yeah it would be a shame to have the last event last only a couple weeks, that’s if it doesn’t run a week after Extinction’s release.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

I am hoping for green color next as the event. Except the current reds with greens when bred would be a bit too Christmas-y for my tastes.

I'm thinking it'll be yellow and/or green, but I'm not really sure why.

4 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Yeah it would be a shame to have the last event last only a couple weeks, that’s if it doesn’t run a week after Extinction’s release.

I think it'll extend past Extinction's release since all the event really is is the color changes. Unless Extinction gets its own color event.

Either way, I think the last EC colors will be orange and black, because Halloween, so assuming they go this route it'd kinda make more sense for it to end earlier.

• Volunteer Moderator
40 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

I think it'll extend past Extinction's release since all the event really is is the color changes. Unless Extinction gets its own color event.

It's not just the colour changes. Each Extinction Chronicle releases new explorer notes that relevant to the release of extinction and those explorer notes unlock the corrupted skins. So it would make sense for the explorer notes and corrupted skins to be finished at the point of extinctions release, it would be odd for it to happen after, but timing may cause an issue.

Every week I sit here and read about modding updates and fan art contests.  When are we actually going to get down to the meat and taters about the problems in ARK?  Most servers (with the exception of a few SE servers) are at tame cap.  Is there any news on having more servers released?  Or raising the SERVER cap?  Or anything at all being done about this MAIN issue that is effecting 95% of all servers?  When a company is losing players on a daily basis because 3/4 of the game is not able to be done you would think that something would be done about "plugging that leak".  So can we address this issue please? 

4 hours ago, DazzSHADOWS said:

Guys can we please do something on PVE Aberration about people stealing batteries form the charge stations. We cant box them in and people keep taking batteries out so its a lose lose for those of us that try to do things as a server community to make quality of life easier.

Perhaps alter the stations on PVE so that they are preloaded with non removable batteries for making element?

I love ab its my favourite map and it really spoils it having to constantly replace the batteries.

I"m not sure WHY you'd leave your PERSONAL property in a PUBLIC USE item/site [charge node] & expect it to stay there.
Charge them - take them - move on to the next charge node - repeat.
Or, chase the glowbugs and charge the batteries 1 at a time.
If you kill the glowbug before it runs off and warns/scares the others off - you can get several batteries done quickly.
And it's a whimsical/fun way to spend the time on an otherwise boring task. lol

**edit** It is commendable that you'd want to help your community. It just seems you are only helping those that find your kind-freebies.

Edited by PreshusRoze

10 minutes ago, XenoEmperor said:

What will be the color 4 the event?

Plz say white and black.....

Hun, (at least on PC) We've already had 'Black & White' in 2 of the 3 Color Events.
The 1st one in their "Bone Colors": White, Yellow, Grey, and Black
-and then-
Chronicles III: Red, Black, White, Grey (currently happening until next week)

1 hour ago, GP said:

It's not just the colour changes. Each Extinction Chronicle releases new explorer notes that relevant to the release of extinction and those explorer notes unlock the corrupted skins. So it would make sense for the explorer notes and corrupted skins to be finished at the point of extinctions release, it would be odd for it to happen after, but timing may cause an issue.

We'll have all 5 skins and sets of notes by the time Extinction comes out., I was referring to the only event going on after the EC is released is the color, since the notes aren't an event, they're permanent.

We already have 3 of the 5 corrupted armor skins, and there'll be 2 more ECs before Extinction releases, while we shouldn't expect an EC to start after Extinction releases, I wouldn't be surprised if the ongoing one  lasts until mid-november since the only temporary changes from the ECs are the colors.

Edited by TinyHippo

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

We'll have all 5 skins and sets of notes by the time Extinction comes out., I was referring to the only event going on after the EC is released is the color, since the notes aren't an event, they're permanent.

We already have 3 of the 5 corrupted armor skins, and there'll be 2 more ECs before Extinction releases, while we shouldn't expect an EC to start after Extinction releases, I wouldn't be surprised if the ongoing one  lasts until mid-november since the only temporary changes from the ECs are the colors.

You're right, I was missing a month. I was thinking Extinction would release before the end of Chronicles IV, but forget we still got October. So Chronicles V should start about 16th October which means they are all done before Extinction releases, so yes it will still be running for a week or so.

6 hours ago, DazzSHADOWS said:

Guys can we please do something on PVE Aberration about people stealing batteries form the charge stations. We cant box them in and people keep taking batteries out so its a lose lose for those of us that try to do things as a server community to make quality of life easier.

Perhaps alter the stations on PVE so that they are preloaded with non removable batteries for making element?

I love ab its my favourite map and it really spoils it having to constantly replace the batteries.

One safe way is craft on surface charge nodes, None a single batt has been taken from there since i placed mines.

Edited by SpCowboy

2 hours ago, PreshusRoze said:

I"m not sure WHY you'd leave your PERSONAL property in a PUBLIC USE item/site [charge node] & expect it to stay there.
If you kill the glowbug before it runs off and warns/scares the others off - you can get several batteries done quickly.

**edit** It is commendable that you'd want to help your community. It just seems you are only helping those that find your kind-freebies.

They arent left there as personal property, they are left there as a communal effort by many players to have precharged batteries in the stations for faster element making. This is a problem on many Ab servers and I bet if you asked on discord alot of people would agree.

10 minutes ago, DazzSHADOWS said:

They arent left there as personal property, they are left there as a communal effort by many players to have precharged batteries in the stations for faster element making. This is a problem on many Ab servers and I bet if you asked on discord alot of people would agree.

There's not really anything that can be done about this.

Your best options are probably not to leave them in the places that newer players have easy access to, because they might just take it thinking it's free stuff for them...

Up on the surface is somewhere noobs don't have quick access too, anyone trying to make element there probably can craft hundreds of batteries at a moment's notice and will appreciate that they were set up beforehand. The red and deeper blue areas are also probably safe from battery thieves.

1 minute ago, destructicon54 said:

rigging it with explosives would probably not work due to the flyer nerf where flyers with explosives fly extremely slow

The pcgamer article gave me the feeling it'd be more than just tossing c4 onto it, and actually just building/rebuilding the Scout to be a bomb to begin with.
That's all speculation on my part though.

If you want to see it for yourself, here's the article I'm referring to:

pcgamer.com/ark-extinction/

6 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

There's not really anything that can be done about this.

Your best options are probably not to leave them in the places that newer players have easy access to, because they might just take it thinking it's free stuff for them...

Up on the surface is somewhere noobs don't have quick access too, anyone trying to make element there probably can craft hundreds of batteries at a moment's notice and will appreciate that they were set up beforehand. The red and deeper blue areas are also probably safe from battery thieves.

Yeah I know what you are saying but my thought was perhaps at least on pve servers we could eliminate the need for batteries to make element or make the stations have 8 'fixed' batteries. I do actually live in the deep blue area and have even placed batteries deep in red zone stations. some of the easier areas can be attributed to noobs not realising the way the rest of us play but most of it is just down to trolls that thrive on annoying other players.

9 hours ago, PreshusRoze said:

Lol if you do that for glowbugs I’ve got a tip for ya build a 2x2 bola the glowbug then Grapple it take it inside your building. Do it with enough of them and you can mass charge with no effort seein as they don’t despawn. You can build smaller but you’ll want to have an airlock (1x1 entry) to prevent them from getting out on accident