Community Crunch 148: Extinction Chronicles IV Next Week, Dev Diary, & Upcoming Server Maintenance!

Jen

7 hours ago, GP said:

It is active. What server are you playing on?

You responded to the questions about events, I like that, but many people including myself think you need to do something about the tame cap, which is already capped on 95% of the official servers, any news for console players? Console doesn’t get mods and you expect to say mods are the only thing you’ve done in 7 months, because if that is so you have done nothing for us, almost more than half of your community. How about bug fixes? Because ark has had some bugs for years now and haven’t been fixed, UNDERMESHING, make a death wall beneath the mesh, that’s all you have to do, make it close so you don’t have time to grapple, ez fix. If you guys fixed your crappy engine and base code you would be so much better off and you could get updates out 10x faster. What about this new game your working on, how about you explain to us what’s happening and we will be fine, but you post it on your YouTube and delete it, how about you tell us the truth, is that why extinction is taking so long? You are working on that new game instead of fixing your already massively popular one??

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Tommallama said:

You responded to the questions about events, I like that, but many people including myself think you need to do something about the tame cap, which is already capped on 95% of the official servers, any news for console players? Console doesn’t get mods and you expect to say mods are the only thing you’ve done in 7 months, because if that is so you have done nothing for us, almost more than half of your community. How about bug fixes? Because ark has had some bugs for years now and haven’t been fixed, UNDERMESHING, make a death wall beneath the mesh, that’s all you have to do, make it close so you don’t have time to grapple, ez fix. If you guys fixed your crappy engine and base code you would be so much better off and you could get updates out 10x faster. What about this new game your working on, how about you explain to us what’s happening and we will be fine, but you post it on your YouTube and delete it, how about you tell us the truth, is that why extinction is taking so long? You are working on that new game instead of fixing your already massively popular one??

I'm just a simple volunteer moderator on the forum as per the title under my name.

3 hours ago, GP said:

I'm just a simple volunteer moderator on the forum as per the title under my name.

Sorry about that, lol, you have just been answering questions and stuff so I kinda assumed, I don’t see the title though, must be a mobile thing, I’m just very passionate about the devs being particularly dumb sometimes because they wiped us because we raided someone and they said their base was impossible and told the devs, even though I streamed it and my friend uploaded the 3 hour video of us soaking and blowing stuff up on his YouTube 

2 hours ago, destructicon54 said:

a quetz would not work because they are rare and tek versions only have a 5% chance of spawning. no quetz, no giga, no titano, no nothing that is rare

Tek quetz is very likely, even if it's going to be hard to find. It already exist on consoles as a skin, just like all the tek dinos that have been released so far.

21 minutes ago, destructicon54 said:

I really want to read those new notes. a tek anky would be nice. i don't care what creature the tek thing will be as long as it is NOT rare and NOT an end game tame

Why?
We already have the raptor and stego as tek, neither of which are rare or endgame.
The rex is kinda rare and is endgame.
Nothing wrong with getting a rare endgame tek dino.

Made a mess up there and posted twice, couldn't find an option to delete the first post, sorry.

Edited by TinyHippo

53 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Why?
We already have the raptor and stego as tek, neither of which are rare or endgame.
The rex is kinda rare and is endgame.
Nothing wrong with getting a rare endgame tek dino.

Made a mess up there and posted twice, couldn't find an option to delete the first post, sorry.

its a problem because if its a rare dino, the tek version will almost never spawn. when i say endgame and rare i mean like a giga or a quetz that only has a few on the map at a time

1 hour ago, destructicon54 said:

its a problem because if its a rare dino, the tek version will almost never spawn. when i say endgame and rare i mean like a giga or a quetz that only has a few on the map at a time

I personally don't see anything wrong with it.
Nothing wrong with having rare spawns in my opinion.
It'll just mean that they're harder and will require a lot more work to find.

We'll see what it is soon though.

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, BruthaJamez said:

Can't wait to see tomorrow's new Tek dino and color! Hoping for green!

There's a good chance it might be green. This is what we've had so far:

I - White, Yellow, Grey, and Black
II - Purple, Blue, Black, and Grey
III - Red, Black, White, Grey

35 minutes ago, BruthaJamez said:

Can't wait to see tomorrow's new Tek dino and color! Hoping for green!

4 minutes ago, GP said:

There's a good chance it might be green. This is what we've had so far:

I - White, Yellow, Grey, and Black
II - Purple, Blue, Black, and Grey
III - Red, Black, White, Grey

Also, there are 4 tek colors, blue (default), green (gamma), yellow (beta), and red (alpha).
Considering we've had the other 3, I'd guess we'll get the last one this time.
The next set of colors will probably include orange and black because Halloween.

And thank you for deleting my borked post up there super secret mod.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, TinyHippo said:

Also, there are 4 tek colors, blue (default), green (gamma), yellow (beta), and red (alpha).
Considering we've had the other 3, I'd guess we'll get the last one this time.
The next set of colors will probably include orange and black because Halloween.

And thank you for deleting my borked post up there super secret mod.

Orange and Black for halloween would be great. They should do Orange / Black / Purple colours.