Community Crunch 148: Extinction Chronicles IV Next Week, Dev Diary, & Upcoming Server Maintenance!

Jen

The Nitrado "Import Official" function has a list that's a year old. 

"This menu allows to import the official savegames to your own server. During the import, your current savegame will be deleted and replaced. The backups listed below are dated 24th August 2017."

Not only that, the save for my server seems to have been corrupted, and put my server into a restart loop, or rather, would never restart.  Given that other Legacy servers have shut down since then, I simply don't believe the comment that this round will be available on Nitrado.

• Sad 1

Well, their commitment to weekly bug fix patches has lasted for 2-3 months at most. It's not likey they released patches every week during that time anyway. It doesn't say well about developers, who abandon their commitment without explaining why... Perhaps they don't care buntly. It must be fun to develop the game on broken core game code and see everything falls apart WC just finished. I wonder how much band aid fixes they have to implement to finish probably the last content update for ARK, Exctinction. 

Edited by Lewiatan

16 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

Well, their commitment to weekly bug fix patches has lasted for 2-3 months at most. It's not likey they released patches every week during that time anyway. It doesn't say well about developers, who abandon their commitment without explaining why... Perhaps they don't care buntly. It must be fun to develop the game on broken core game code and see everything falls apart WC just finished. I wonder how much band aid fixes they have to implement to finish probably the last content update for ARK, Exctinction. 

Maybe now is a good idea to get stocks and shares in the plaster and bandages industry :) Totally agree with you, it's like putting an extra floor onto a building with crappy foundations, gonna crumble :)

19 hours ago, Markdh31788 said:

Lol if you do that for glowbugs I’ve got a tip for ya build a 2x2 bola the glowbug then Grapple it take it inside your building. Do it with enough of them and you can mass charge with no effort seein as they don’t despawn. You can build smaller but you’ll want to have an airlock (1x1 entry) to prevent them from getting out on accident 

lmbo
Sounds like a PvP tactic- and those tactics usually (or at all, honestly) do not work on PvE.
PvE usually doesn't allow grappling/moving what is in a bola (sp?). :(
Sounds like fun though. lol

14 hours ago, Flare3260 said:

I'm dying to play Ragnarok, but I can't beat Single player and I'm trying to do Admin commands to accend to unlock Ragnarok but it's not Working (Xbox User) and I also Checked the "Admin Log" Tab and it won't work. SOMEONE HELP PLZ

use creative mode, i'm not an Xbox user, but if you use creative mode you can easily get all you need to summon and defeat the overseer

On 9/11/2018 at 1:10 AM, DazzSHADOWS said:

Guys can we please do something on PVE Aberration about people stealing batteries form the charge stations. We cant box them in and people keep taking batteries out so its a lose lose for those of us that try to do things as a server community to make quality of life easier.

Perhaps alter the stations on PVE so that they are preloaded with non removable batteries for making element?

I love ab its my favourite map and it really spoils it having to constantly replace the batteries.

Pro Tip: Don't put batteries in 10 different nodes at once and the chances of them vanishing are slim. I worked out that if i drop batteries in 3-4 charge nodes, by the time i drop the last batch, the first set is charged and ready to make element. Once i make those, i move on to another group of nodes. If you pay attention to the layout, they tend to be clustered and close enough together where you'd hear an incoming drake that may be looking to steal your batteries.

I've been been on Aberration since the end of the first week after its release and not once have my batteries been stolen. Those that have are players who use 5+ nodes simultaneously.

5 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

Pro Tip: Don't put batteries in 10 different nodes at once and the chances of them vanishing are slim. I worked out that if i drop batteries in 3-4 charge nodes, by the time i drop the last batch, the first set is charged and ready to make element. Once i make those, i move on to another group of nodes. If you pay attention to the layout, they tend to be clustered and close enough together where you'd hear an incoming drake that may be looking to steal your batteries.

I've been been on Aberration since the end of the first week after its release and not once have my batteries been stolen. Those that have are players who use 5+ nodes simultaneously.

I get what your saying but my point is that PVE is supposed to be more community working together in my eyes and many share this same ideal so we all work together to try to improve quality of life for everyone on the servers we play. I have played ab since day 1 on 2 different servers and I can quite easily take batteries around with me etc etc , I left the first one due to loads [][][][] tribes purposely crashing server and causing extreme lag to the point where 90% of the time drakes would only belly flop and never glide. On both servers I have played the more friendly settled players including myself would go round to all the charge stations and place batteries in there so that whenever any of us went round doing our ele crafting we would just take the gems, ore and gas balls put it in click craft and only have to wait for the element to craft. The only issue with this is noobs taking them probably not even knowing what they do and people who are just pulling them with the intent to annoy others.

My comment is just a suggestion to the Devs, I know they mentioned recently they were looking at ways to make Aberration QOL changes and removing the need for batteries or making 8 fixed batteries to craft element is a simple one that makes a big difference to everybody's game play because it would save a tonne of time and possibly help to encourage more people to play AB.
It wasn't a complaint just a simple suggestion, I didnt intend to spark a debate nor be told to do it in ways I already know are possible. I'm pretty sure anybody that plays Ab a lot on PVE would agree its a good idea.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:04 AM, Emgee77 said:

Die Nitrado "Import Offizielle" Funktion hat eine Liste, die ein Jahr alt ist. 

" Dieses Menü ermöglicht es, die offiziellen Spielstände auf Ihren eigenen Server zu importieren. Während des Imports wird Ihr aktueller Spielstand gelöscht und ersetzt. Die unten aufgeführten Backups sind vom 24. August 2017 datiert."

Nicht nur das, der Speicher für meinen Server scheint beschädigt zu sein, und mein Server wurde in eine Neustart-Schleife versetzt, oder vielmehr, würde niemals neu starten. Angesichts der Tatsache, dass andere Legacy-Server seither abgeschaltet haben, glaube ich einfach nicht an den Kommentar, dass diese Runde auf Nitrado verfügbar sein wvW

We have the same Problem with 

xbox Legacy Island 165

Edited by Austria
Handy translate bu//****

On 9/11/2018 at 5:21 AM, Violet said:

Glad there isn't. Servers are capped anyway, no need for more breeding poopstorm.

Right and going out to tame another worthless Tek dino, a waste of exp weekend because of max level and lack of any inventory mechanic that allows for a quick transfer from two different inventories in less then ten seconds. What would be truly fun would to be playing on a game like ark that wasn't glitchy. 

1 hour ago, JuggaloCard said:

Right and going out to tame another worthless Tek dino, a waste of exp weekend because of max level and lack of any inventory mechanic that allows for a quick transfer from two different inventories in less then ten seconds. What would be truly fun would to be playing on a game like ark that wasn't glitchy. 

I never said I agree with that :)