Dinos beating on rockwell all dmg?

BaldBudgie

They will still take damage against orbs, nameless and reaper kings while on the bridge where you can normally hit rockwell with melee once its down, but they are well out of range for the tentacles to do anything to it. But they can't hit Rockwell unless its down (and they'll still attack it anyways given the command to.)

5 hours ago, Vaculity said:

They will still take damage against orbs, nameless and reaper kings while on the bridge where you can normally hit rockwell with melee once its down, but they are well out of range for the tentacles to do anything to it. But they can't hit Rockwell unless its down (and they'll still attack it anyways given the command to.)

I've tried it a couple of times now and haven't seen any reaper kings or nameless on the btidge. Are you sure they go down there when no players are around? 

5 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

I've tried it a couple of times now and haven't seen any reaper kings or nameless on the btidge. Are you sure they go down there when no players are around? 

Were there anything that isn't wild (i.e: your tame) at the bridge? They don't "exactly spawn" on the bridge at certain health bar of rockwell, but will run towards there... if there are creatures, since they only appear to chase you all down.

16 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Were there anything that isn't wild (i.e: your tame) at the bridge? They don't "exactly spawn" on the bridge at certain health bar of rockwell, but will run towards there... if there are creatures, since they only appear to chase you all down.

I dont think so. Tbh i was scared as hell tough and mostly focused on his electric tentacles. But my impression was that no reapers or nameless ran their way, they were more interested in me. Might cheat a bit and check it out later and report back.

I don't see the benefit of having dinos on bridge only to Damage rockwell in downstate Phase. While he is downed, there is plenty of time to deal damage till he submerges. We even use this state for short Brakes, like reloading, killing Reapers & Nameless or regroup. I would rather use them to offtank/kill spawn or Position them at one tentacle.

1 hour ago, poorMankind said:

I don't see the benefit of having dinos on bridge only to Damage rockwell in downstate Phase. While he is downed, there is plenty of time to deal damage till he submerges. We even use this state for short Brakes, like reloading, killing Reapers & Nameless or regroup. I would rather use them to offtank/kill spawn or Position them at one tentacle.

Because rockwell will only take a fixed amount of damage before getting up again?

Is there only a certain amount of reapers thats gonna spawn since you wanna take the time to kill them?

1 hour ago, BaldBudgie said:

Because rockwell will only take a fixed amount of damage before getting up again?

Is there only a certain amount of reapers thats gonna spawn since you wanna take the time to kill them?

Not really. They only spawn a certain amount at a time, but will keep spawning again after a while's wait from the last spawn (even shorter when all the wild reaper king died... one literally reappeared after all of them died).

10 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

The dinos on the bridge do take damage. But it seems the damage only happend when i was around. By the balls chasing me and nameless that spawned when i got near the bridge

I tested with several spawned and tamed reaper king. They were easily killed by the element Reaper Kings (and others) even without charge light... and I was literally running all around the entire map with some balls still after me while others homing at them, and they were at the bridge as well.

52 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

I tested with several spawned and tamed reaper king. They were easily killed by the element Reaper Kings (and others) even without charge light... and I was literally running all around the entire map with some balls still after me while others homing at them, and they were at the bridge as well.

Didnt notice any balls homing at them. Maybe i got lucky. It might just be best to have some tanks around distracting some of the reapers like #poorManKind says. Never done rockwell legit, but it seems impossible, solo, to concentrate on tentacles when all that stuff is chasing you.

6 hours ago, BaldBudgie said:

Didnt notice any balls homing at them. Maybe i got lucky. It might just be best to have some tanks around distracting some of the reapers like #poorManKind says. Never done rockwell legit, but it seems impossible, solo, to concentrate on tentacles when all that stuff is chasing you.

It is actually possible even if its really difficult to multitask solo, if you know what you are doing. Balls are like explosive; they set off a chain reaction when one is exploded nearby. You just need to aim for that sweet spot when too many are clumped on you.

Archived