Guest loststonerboy

Guest loststonerboy

1. Is it a glitch that my electric generator dosent automatically turn off once the wind turbines kick back on?

Because I've noticed it kicks on when they stop like it's supposed to, but once they kick back on it just keeps running. I would think it should shut off. 

2. Why can't I place black pearls in a food trough?

The Tusoteuthis eat black pearls, so it's a food, but it won't let me put it in the food trough so they can automatically eat from it like all the other animals do with other stuff.

Guest loststonerboy
17 minutes ago, Austria said:

1. It is normal that generator dont turn off ?

2. PB only for taming then it eats meat ?

1. That sucks, cause it eats up a crap ton of gas that way when it doesn't need to. Lucky for me I have a dung beetle and two tusoteuthis to make lots of gas. So it is a glitch then right?

2. When my two tusoteuthis were babies it wouldn't let me put black pearls in their inventory, but they are juveniles now and are eating black pearls. Also it says here >https://ark.gamepedia.com/Tusoteuthis< that black pearls is their preferred food... Isn't that in general not just for taming?

9 minutes ago, loststonerboy said:

2. When my two tusoteuthis were babies it wouldn't let me put black pearls in their inventory, but they are juveniles now and are eating black pearls. Also it says here >https://ark.gamepedia.com/Tusoteuthis< that black pearls is their preferred food... Isn't that in general not just for taming?

Only for taming, after they eat regular meat :)

Post-Tame

After taming, its diet remains the same (Black Pearls, Meat and Fish).

However, Tusoteuthis will now eat regular meat and raw fish meat. It does not require black pearls for food when domesticated.

Guest loststonerboy
38 minutes ago, Globy said:

Only for taming, after they eat regular meat :)

Post-Tame

After taming, its diet remains the same (Black Pearls, Meat and Fish).

However, Tusoteuthis will now eat regular meat and raw fish meat. It does not require black pearls for food when domesticated.

What you just posted said they will eat them tho? I know it doesn't require them... But since it's a preferred food I figured it gives them the most nutrition... U know fills em up faster. I guess the game isn't that in depth lol silly me

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, loststonerboy said:

What you just posted said they will eat them tho? I know it doesn't require them... But since it's a preferred food I figured it gives them the most nutrition... U know fills em up faster. I guess the game isn't that in depth lol silly me

they will eat them but only when placed in their inventory, have accidentally left blk pearls on my squid many times after dropping meat for weight and found that they were happily snacking on the pearls. while the pearls are their preferred food for taming it makes no sense to continue to feed them afterwards -- black pearls have a food value of only 30 while raw meat has a food value of 50 -- also, unless you are spawning in the black pearls, raw meat is infinitely easier to acquire.  

Guest loststonerboy

17 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

Black pearls have a food value of only 30 while raw meat has a food value of 50 -- also, unless you are spawning in the black pearls, raw meat is infinitely easier to acquire.  

I didn't know. Idk how to tell what food value the food give I was just looking at the page and since it is their preferred food, and it takes less of them to tame them I assumed that for the tusoteuthis it provided the most food/nutrients for them.

I obviously still have a lot to learn.

Do u mind telling me how you know or find out the food value of the foods? And is it the same for every dino, or is it different for each dino?

8 hours ago, loststonerboy said:

I didn't know. Idk how to tell what food value the food give I was just looking at the page and since it is their preferred food, and it takes less of them to tame them I assumed that for the tusoteuthis it provided the most food/nutrients for them.

Do u mind telling me how you know or find out the food value of the foods? And is it the same for every dino, or is it different for each dino?

Try starving a dino then give it one piece of food and count what its food stat goes up rinse and repeat to find which foods do the most.

8 hours ago, loststonerboy said:

Wiki will have a list, google: ark food value chart

• Volunteer Moderator
On 9/10/2018 at 8:52 AM, loststonerboy said:

Do u mind telling me how you know or find out the food value of the foods?

as @d1nk mentioned above, the wiki is a very good source of info -- and i totally understand how you would assume that pearls would be the best food for them. glad they're not tho, all that time in the ocean farming them just for food i'd be pretty "salty".... :D 

Guest loststonerboy
On 9/10/2018 at 5:14 PM, FreelancerKnux said:

Try starving a dino then give it one piece of food and count what its food stat goes up rinse and repeat to find which foods do the most.

Alright I'll try that thanks!

On 9/11/2018 at 3:57 PM, ThzNutz said:

as @d1nk mentioned above, the wiki is a very good source of info -- and i totally understand how you would assume that pearls would be the best food for them. glad they're not tho, all that time in the ocean farming them just for food i'd be pretty "salty".... :D 

I think I mentioned earlier tho that I play single player cause I have crap satellite internet so I can't play online, so I spawn stuff in. But I haven't had to with black pearls lucky for me where I'm building my base (NW side of the island right next to the shore halfway in the winter biome) and there is a cove there with crap tons of pearls to pick up.

But yeah I figured preferred food was the best food to feed them not just for tameing but for in general too.

Archived