Bug with painting canvas

FeyGriffin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same problem here.

Probably a problem with used bandwidth. When client starts sending the paint requests to server, I noticed that all other PCs in my local network encounter MASSIVE latency laggs  exactely the same moment... until I get kicked from ark server. (Laggs not only Ark, also in other games and even a simple shell ping goes up from 20 ms to above 200 ms. 20 MBit upload DSL. Tried both low and high ingame bandwith setting.)

Maybe client should act less agressive. Could fix the issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

the only fix that i've found for this problem is to make the painting template smaller.  I had made a sign for one of my friends and at first it would work (painted 3 with no issues) but later after they had gotten broken, went to replace them and couldn't kept getting disconnected 1/2 way through the painting, so just for giggles after many frustrating attempts,  I made the tempate smaller, and tried again, it worked. 

reducing the colors at original size didn't do anything same problem accured, only shrinking the size of the template made it possible, luckly it wasn't a overly detailed painting, just a tribe banner, else would of had detail loss due to lowering the pixel size.

Archived