Single Player/dedicated server settings

Arkonautalus

So I have been deliberating starting a singleplayer playthrough world for a while now. After constant raids on officials and dodgy admins on dedicated servers I have decided I am finally ready to give it a go. I understand that the gathering/taming/breeding etc are automatically set to vanilla official server settings. This will be very grindy as it will just be me. I wish to have a casual playthrough where I only need to wait 40 mins for a rex to tame or a significantly shorter amount of time for breeding. If you guys have any suggestions for me I would love to hear them ?.

First off; turn singleplayer settings off. They make it too easy and cheesy (1500+% melee leveled dinos) 

Max difficulty

Tame 5-10x, Harvest 3x, breed 25x hatch 40x

Boost tamed dino weight per lvl invested to 2x, maybe stamina drain or stamina per level up 2x (0.5x stam drain) 

Player weight 2x, fort 1.5x

This will give you a decent balanced play where you dont need to spend hours taming, breeding still takes a good amount witout being instant. You can adjust based on your needs.

What are your goals for this play? Longevity? Bosses? 

43 minutes ago, d1nk said:

First off; turn singleplayer settings off. They make it too easy and cheesy (1500+% melee leveled dinos) 

Max difficulty

Tame 5-10x, Harvest 3x, breed 25x hatch 40x

Boost tamed dino weight per lvl invested to 2x, maybe stamina drain or stamina per level up 2x (0.5x stam drain) 

Player weight 2x, fort 1.5x

This will give you a decent balanced play where you dont need to spend hours taming, breeding still takes a good amount witout being instant. You can adjust based on your needs.

What are your goals for this play? Longevity? Bosses? 

I am definitely in it for the storyline, collecting explorer notes, breeding rexes for bosses, following the path of ascension. I really just don't see how waiting hours ingame waiting for things to tame or mature or breed however.

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, Arkonautalus said:

I am definitely in it for the storyline, collecting explorer notes, breeding rexes for bosses, following the path of ascension. I really just don't see how waiting hours ingame waiting for things to tame or mature or breed however.

My private cluster is set up as glorified singleplayer as most people play solo. I have changed a lot of settings to tailor to that experience so let me know the specifics in your case and I’ll tell you what I have it set to.

Just remember, the game pauses on singleplayer.

24 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Just remember, the game pauses on singleplayer.

I understand this, it is one of the main reasons I wish to boost the settings. The other settings such as harvesting I only wish to boost enough to make it viable to progress without a constant grind. After a little research on Dododex I am thinking of taming at around x15, egg hatching at x400 and maturation at x150-200.

5 minutes ago, Arkonautalus said:

I understand this, it is one of the main reasons I wish to boost the settings. The other settings such as harvesting I only wish to boost enough to make it viable to progress without a constant grind. After a little research on Dododex I am thinking of taming at around x15, egg hatching at x400 and maturation at x150-200.

Hello,

If you go for high settings you might as well use dotame and setbabyage commands.

Game value is at 1x or two times.

Since boss fights no longer is just Rex go for Therizinosaurus as well. Viking bay Ragnarok to tame kibbler and therizinos.

Single player is doing what you like the most.

Since gcm I use tek transmitter just to go between maps and play more than one character on the same map. Just upload and make another character maybe for dino storage or craftingskill.

Slomo command is a way to afk if needed. I use slomo 5 for crates to respawn as example. But you can use summon as well for crates.

I don't like to pick eggs so gfi or giveitemnum for kibble. Kibble farms are laggy and a pain. So I made a character to host just that part of the game.

Well

Good luck,

Ariana

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Arkonautalus said:

But the multipliers you’ve listed will be even higher when multiplied by the SP setting, so be sure to turn it off.

Even though it’s single player, those multipliers are insanely high, so hopefully you want ruin your own experience. Make sure that your imprint interval is set up too. You’ll probably need to imprint every few mins.

Yes they are incredibly boosted but waiting for things to happen just feels that it doesn't make the gameplay any better.  I will keep a mating interval on, probably at about 12 hours so I can't just breed 10 rexes in 20 minutes. I realise now that the incubation multiplier will cause eggs things like dodo eggs hatch before they can be picked up. Something more like 100x will probably do. I was never intending to put on the pre-made singleplayer settings. If I were to use the predetermined ones it would be hard to figure out what the final value would be anyway

9 minutes ago, Arkonautalus said:

Yes they are incredibly boosted but waiting for things to happen just feels that it doesn't make the gameplay any better.  I will keep a mating interval on, probably at about 12 hours so I can't just breed 10 rexes in 20 minutes. I realise now that the incubation multiplier will cause eggs things like dodo eggs hatch before they can be picked up. Something more like 100x will probably do. I was never intending to put on the pre-made singleplayer settings. If I were to use the predetermined ones it would be hard to figure out what the final value would be anyway

Honestly we use 60x on our server, small eggs 3 mins, medium 5 mins large 7 mins, giga.. dunno. So 80 or 90 mighr be what your after. Fiddle with imprint intervals too, theres formulae online

That all seems good, just dont boost harvest too much or its boring :P The time isnt an issue as you said, youll have a good play with those, your bottleneck will be finding the tames ( island is recommended for bosses - you can use an alt on Ragnarok to hunt for tames and transfer them to ur main island via obelisk though) 

33 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Honestly we use 60x on our server, small eggs 3 mins, medium 5 mins large 7 mins, giga.. dunno. So 80 or 90 mighr be what your after. Fiddle with imprint intervals too, theres formulae online

That all seems good, just dont boost harvest too much or its boring :P The time isnt an issue as you said, youll have a good play with those, your bottleneck will be finding the tames ( island is recommended for bosses - you can use an alt on Ragnarok to hunt for tames and transfer them to ur main island via obelisk though) 

I will start on on the island and work my way through all the maps and dlcs. I will try and balance it out myself by starting an alterernate save game, I'll test out harvesting, breeding, taming and leveling by spawning stuff in and adjusting accordingly. Might post it in tutorials if I get the time. I think I'll actually wait to start my solo journey on the Nintendo Switch so it might be a month or so till it finally releases and I finally start.

5 minutes ago, Arkonautalus said:

I will start on on the island and work my way through all the maps and dlcs. I will try and balance it out myself by starting an alterernate save game, I'll test out harvesting, breeding, taming and leveling by spawning stuff in and adjusting accordingly. Might post it in tutorials if I get the time. I think I'll actually wait to start my solo journey on the Nintendo Switch so it might be a month or so till it finally releases and I finally start.

Make a story of it on our 'What did you do today on Ark' thread, it really keeps the motivation going. Id say start on whichever you have now and switch to the switch (or try it first..) after

30 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Make a story of it on our 'What did you do today on Ark' thread, it really keeps the motivation going. Id say start on whichever you have now and switch to the switch (or try it first..) after

I'll definitely do that. Thanks for your help guys I think I have a plan of action now.?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived