Ark on laptop

darcek

Im getting a laptop to play ARK at the office.

Storage wise I will have 128 SSD+1TB Sata drive.

I know that ARK is 100gb+ so thinking of what will be the best way to install it.

Is it best just to install ARK on my sata insted of ssd? or mayby just install the map im playing on then remove and add other maps as needed?(but that might cause me tro lose my game..)

Or mayby combine install core game on SSD and the rest on the SATA? (if thats even possible how will I do that?)

Hi my name is Jacira, and I've been an Arkohlic for 3 years now...

It all started back in 2016 when the game was in it's infancy, since then I have done some things my own mother would be ashamed of. I've played official and unofficial, pvp and pve. I've played at home and at work, on holidays and in the car. I get bored of the same regime so I switch it up, but I always keep coming back. I KEEP COMING BACK! I can't help it, it's like a calling... A craving.

I've given up twice, the first time for 5 months and the second for 3 months, but I just can't ever let it go. My life legitimately feels like it has more purpose when I'm trading and dealing dank dinos in the proverbial dark alley of the trading forums. I keep thinking about what it's doing to my loved ones, to my family. "It's just a game" they say, "stop feeding your babies and concentrate on the road" they say. It's easy for them, they don't know the allure, they haven't felt the calling. The calling to escape the nefarious Ark we have all been trapped in, to rise above the grind and conquer the land and all it's creatures!

Then, and only then, can I worry about that minuscule irrelevant thing called Life... It's my own fault really, when it comes to gaming I shouldn't have married a dodo.

At the office you say? I would say to get an external hard drive so that you too can experience the complete rush of your life falling apart around you as you shove 100 mejoberries up a bronto's ass.

8 hours ago, darcek said:

I know that ARK is 100gb+ so thinking of what will be the best way to install it.

Is it best just to install ARK on my sata insted of ssd? or mayby just install the map im playing on then remove and add other maps as needed?(but that might cause me tro lose my game..)

Or mayby combine install core game on SSD and the rest on the SATA? (if thats even possible how will I do that?)

Are you hiring?

1 hour ago, Aushegun said:

I love ARK, but not sure if playing "at the office " is a wise move. Would hate to see someone lose a job because of not doing their job, because they were playing ARK.  I work alone in my office... no  other people, and if I brought ARK to the office, I would never get anything done. 

I have my own office. I manage the site my boss doesn’t work there, and rarely visits.

I do get like "inspection" visits from the CTO. That’s why it’s good to have a separate laptop he can’t touch as it’s my own private property.

On top of that, he himself told me I should use a smartphone to troubleshoot wireless problems. (Cheap DireWolf)

This way I have my personal laptop to conduct network investigations if I need on his decree, and play on my own decree when I have free time.

He also easily pooped over my personal time by adding shifts that last till 19 pm and every second Friday without any additional pay.

So that’s my way of coping with the situation.

That way don’t mind doing worthless overtime as I’m with my beloved ARK.

Those overtime hours I might get 1 call in like 4 hours. Rest is just dead time. So much I can accomplish with ARK by myside ?

The laptop isn’t there to "replace" my job, but just maximize my efficiency of my time on the site.

Believe me we have plenty of crazy amounts of work in rush hours. But as a service giver we have tons of "empty" hours just waiting in case someone gets a problem. The laptop is for those hours alone.

49 minutes ago, BaldBudgie said:

Are you hiring?

lol

15 hours ago, darcek said:

Install the game on your HDD. It will be slower, but it'll be fine. That said, I hope it's got beefy specs.

As for playing at work, you know your responsibilities better than anyone else. The same argument could be made for people who post on internet forums while at work on company time. 

14 hours ago, Aushegun said:

I love ARK, but not sure if playing "at the office " is a wise move. Would hate to see someone lose a job because of not doing their job, because they were playing ARK.  I work alone in my office... no  other people, and if I brought ARK to the office, I would never get anything done. 

Well, I quit my job to play Ark back in Dec 2015. Now my wife wishes the server I play on would crush permanently. Since I can't quit marriage,  I need to persuade her to become an Arkoholic like me too.

Guest DJRone89
7 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

The same argument could be made for people who post on internet forums while at work on company time. 

50% of my comments on here.

Archived