Cross-play on all official Xbox servers - another failed project

Guest DJRone89

Guest DJRone89

It’s been almost a year since Wildcard started working with Microsoft to find ‘a solution’ to the anti-cheat system as BattlEye doesn’t work on Xbox, but I find it more intriguing that TruePlay was never implemented despite it being Microsoft’s own anti-cheat.

We all know work stopped once the devs realised they couldn’t achieve what they promised so it was swept under the carpet, like many other failed projects.

In before someone says it was never promised, Wildcard were deep in their overzealous mode at the time, “we will be implementing cross-play on all official servers” - something so genuine at the time fooled a whole platform of gamers.

2 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

It’s been almost a year since Wildcard started working with Microsoft to find ‘a solution’ to the anti-cheat system as BattlEye doesn’t work on Xbox, but I find it more intriguing that TruePlay was never implemented despite it being Microsoft’s own anti-cheat.

We all know work stopped once the devs realised they couldn’t achieve what they promised so it was swept under the carpet, like many other failed projects.

In before someone says it was never promised, Wildcard were deep in their overzealous mode at the time, “we will be implementing cross-play on all official servers” - something so genuine at the time fooled a whole platform of gamers.

Microsoft have a habit of building huge frameworks like Windows XP, MFC, Silverlight, MonoGame, etc and getting people to use them before abandoning or deprecating them.

WildCard have done the same with SOTF and maybe the Center, but they also have a habit of building up people's hopes with false promises such as fixing meshing, kibble, and introducing S+ to vanilla Ark.

Add the double speak phrase "cross-play" into the mix and you have a cringe-worthy pair of companies who really know how to **$£ off their customer bases.

But here's the thing...  Despite WC and MS's cynical money grabbing, annoying attitudes, bug ridden code bases, and false promises - I've put more hours into Ark on Steam/Windows than I have any other game because IMHO Ark (on PC) is one of the best open world games out there.  It's a huge game, it doesn't dictate how you should play, it's customisable and moddable, the dinos are fun and despite what people think, Ark is becoming more stable and more playable.

Ark is number 13 in the top 100 Steam Charts for players currently in-game https://store.steampowered.com/stats/

And 22nd in terms of Steam Sales http://www.arstechnica.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/games_achievements_players_2018-07-01.csv

So should I get writing the next blockbuster - definitely - just after I've levelled my character up ?

2 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Hello,

I looked forward to the ability to play where I am regardless if I travel. But trolls and dups stopped that umong orher nerfs, map pathes and autodecay changes.

List is long with changes to stop players that abused ark. So we got a laggy some times unplayable ark for all game modes not just pvp official.

Maybe the trolls get to fight it out, pve and pvp,  without normal players.

Personally I liked ark most just before summer.

Smooth gameplay, no crashes or disconnects biggest bug was that some dinos didn't harvest fish and berries and a lot of players liked ark even single player got events.

Well pplus rag ab and they got their own bug sections.

Flier nerf hit all when saddles could have been removed from pvp-birds giving a complete gameplay change just as a radical example.

I went trough the map after a Therizinosaur hit me so clearly and suprisingly what ever they did to fix the map did not work. Instead the map have areas that crash the game and I can go on forever, sorry

Regards,

Ariana 

• 4 months later...

I really do hope you can eventually bridge the Steam version with Xbox. I understand the extreme measures it takes to make cross-platform and the Steam version is superior to the xbox versions. The game would have much more worth to me. I do not wish to spend an additional $100 in the Windows 10 store just to be able to host and play on my own hosted server. Most of my friends play Xbox. We have yet to play together and $100 for an overly convoluted server setup is just not even worth a penny. Technically it is not cross-play, it is Xbox only or PC only as you have to use an xbox live account to join. So silly! With restrictions that tight I would call it Xbox network play. The first seems like false advertising. 

Archived