Best Dinos for tek cave?

Jerry25712

Hello,

Looks like all players join and use the dinos they have, Rex and Therizinosaurus. Thinking about 50 dinos that can go in why not use 50 creatures that don't fall into lava. I love to test it but my game crash as I get close to the vulcano area. So no single player testing possible for me.

Maybe someone orher than me?

Some write about Voltures for caves, I mean if they even can enter. Wistle commands might easy kite wild creatures into lava.

Just a tought

/Ariana

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get a few more rexies and a few therzos,  and if you wanna be professional get a daeodon (pigs) cause they heal your dinos on the go and therzos have a great knockback and melee range , the rexes and the allo will murk whatever comes close 

And get another allo cause the pack buff is great and the bleed effect they make is a killer (both of which only work if you have 2 or more) and ride the yuty for the courage roar 

On 9/9/2018 at 3:37 AM, Jerry25712 said:

also I have been listening to advice, I only said I wasnt using rexes because I dont tame them since I prefer tactical and fast creatures over brute force ones, even though I use gigas which are the meaning of slow and clunky

Youd be surprised my boss rexes quite fast , got killer stamina and one bite most things I regularly kill off low level gigs with one 

• 6 months later...

I have not done the Tek Cave before, however I find it extremely doubtful that you will have enough time to kill the overseer with your dinos. It took me 10 minutes to kill the alpha dragon with mate boosted fully imprinted youth boosted level 350+ boss therizinos with all points in melee. You have (correct me if I’m wrong) 30 minutes to kill the overseer. If you take 7 carnos in, that are not imprint boosted by the rider (all of our theris where imprinted to the rider) you will loose about 30% damage output from the carnos. Also, if any of them are wild tames, they don’t get the general stat increase from imprints, which is another 20 % (i think). Furthermore, the base damage on the theri is higher (52 vs 35). So if you factor in the base damage difference and the imprinting difference, the time would likely run out before you killed the overseer.

If you posted the stats for the Carnos I could make a more accurate prediction about this, but in all the boss runs I’ve done, the rexes take a pretty sizeable amount of damage. When doing the dragon, some of the theris got down to below 3k health from 13k, and we where using veggie cakes. So secondly I don’t think the carnos are tanky enough to survive the overseer and all the defense units and crap that is spawns.

finally, I didn’t see you mention what the armor on your saddles is. I would highly recommend at least 90 plus if you are gonna do a Tek Cave run. 

So here are my recommendations: bring either rexes or therizinos in place of the carnos, they are just simply not tanky enough and don’t deal enough damage. The yuty buff does make them less likely to die, but trust me, they buff works just as well on rexes and theris. I’m not saying you shouldn’t bring in the diplos, they could theoretically deal with the giga. However I have found shooting him and then kiting him into the lava to be the easiest way to deal with the giga. Also, you can take up to 50 dinos into the boss, so bringing 7 carnos, 2 rexes, some diplos and a yuty are really light, your gonna want a few more dinos, I’d recommend at least 20 for rexes and at least 45 for carnos. I would also take a yuty in reguardless.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/6/2018 at 12:09 AM, Jerry25712 said:

ok so I play in a old xbox update and console commands dont exist Im thinking of updating so I can spawn skylord artifact but if I do what dinos should I take with me into tek cave?

Currently I own 3 yutyrannus 7 carnos 2 rexes 2 raptors 1 thyla 30+ diplos 1 beezebuffo 2 chalicotheriums and 2 blue doedicrus I own more but they are too big or fly

Omg diplos can go into tek cave I could just push everything into lava

Bring 15 rex’es, 15 allosaurus, and 15 therizinosaurus and 5 yutys

On 9/8/2018 at 12:07 AM, Jerry25712 said:

Im wearing ascendant riot chest legs and help with tek gauntlets and ascendant flak boots. 2 of my carnos are over lv 300 and my yutyrannus courage roar makes them basically invincible, also my diplos are all on high lvs with lots of health since I mass breed them

Wear tek helmet, Tek pants, tek boots, and the rest  Gillie armour until you reach the overseer us all tek armour

On 9/7/2018 at 2:30 AM, BaldBudgie said:

Dude take your 10 diplos. They OP. 

Edit. But 10 carnos and 3 yutys might be overdoing it for the overseer. Just bring 1 yutys and 5 carnos and 2 raptors.

Also make a video and give us the link

Straight up death if facing alpha or normal tek cave, gamma idk y anyone would do that

On 4/25/2019 at 10:32 AM, Ababagogy said:

If you posted the stats for the Carnos I could make a more accurate prediction about this, but in all the boss runs I’ve done, the rexes take a pretty sizeable amount of damage. When doing the dragon, some of the theris got down to below 3k health from 13k, and we where using veggie cakes. So secondly I don’t think the carnos are tanky enough to survive the overseer and all the defense units and crap that is spawns.

finally, I didn’t see you mention what the armor on your saddles is. I would highly recommend at least 90 plus if you are gonna do a Tek Cave run. 

So here are my recommendations: bring either rexes or therizinos in place of the carnos, they are just simply not tanky enough and don’t deal enough damage. 

The thread is ages old. You're responding to people who posted nearly two years ago. Something tells me they don't need your recommendations any longer. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just "discovered" this, and I wonder what became of this person. Were they a troll? Did they make-up a diplo "army" to mess with the minds of ark players? That would explain how they sonehow supposedly beat the broodmother at least twice, and megapithicus at least once. Also had all artifacts but skylord (that one is bugged, but how would they have obtained the others)? Then again, they don't sound like they're trying to sound...unprepared, to say the least, where a troll probably would. Maybe the bosses they fought were stuck in the ground. Maybe the caves neaver spawned anything. If they did, in fact spawn things, I think we all know how they beat the lava cave. ?. Though this was before the advent of cryopods. Maybe they hatched it inside the cave.

If they beat the tek cave they would have rubbed it in everyone's face, so ultimately, three things happened: the troll got bored and decided to mess with users of a different game, the person gave up/used a more conventional army, or did it, lost, and are too embarrassed to return. Like many other internet/historical mysteries, we'll probably never know.

Edit: Also I find the title so funny, they never for a moment cared what anyone else said, so basically they made this to tell others what their army would be.

Archived