Best Dinos for tek cave?

Jerry25712

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all Honesty if he can at least get maybe 18 high level breed Allo's and at lest 25 great Rexes and some good theriz he might be able to take it as long as he has great saddles and a Great Yuti. His tactic isn't going to work due to not having no Great offense tames, all he has is maybe some dino's to do a little defense tactic. Jerry 25712 just take our advise your completely and utterly not ready by any means for the tek cave.  

3 hours ago, charles06 said:

In all Honesty if he can at least get maybe 18 high level breed Allo's and at lest 25 great Rexes and some good theriz he might be able to take it as long as he has great saddles and a Great Yuti. His tactic isn't going to work due to not having no Great offense tames, all he has is maybe some dino's to do a little defense tactic. Jerry 25712 just take our advise your completely and utterly not ready by any means for the tek cave.  

Gotta admire his tenacity tho. One thing I can say is his attitude(other than not taking good advice) is whats needed to achieve alpha ascension.

33 minutes ago, lordbufu said:

The OP doesn't seem to understand a lot of things tbh, but they have been pointed out enough i would say, though the one part everyone seems to be interested in is how effective they really are in the cave itself.

That's pretty much all I care about really.

No one could convince me that on default settings, you could kill the overseer with that lineup. I am curious as to how the diplos will perform in pushing everything into lava

Depending on just how good they are at it, it might be worth it to take a couple into the cave. I have no idea since I never use diplos.

4 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

That's pretty much all I care about really.

No one could convince me that on default settings, you could kill the overseer with that lineup. I am curious as to how the diplos will perform in pushing everything into lava

Depending on just how good they are at it, it might be worth it to take a couple into the cave. I have no idea since I never use diplos.

I believe he plays SP settings or atleast  boosted dino stats.. still haha

12 hours ago, btb556 said:

For a laugh I duplicated your setting (without cheats people) and went through the cave. This happened.

First 2 minutes in half the dinos were dead

Diplos fell into the lava

Got to the boss arena with three dinos and got mashed

Diplos are not boss fighting dinos XD

And before you say I didn't try - I've beaten the alpha tek cave many times using less-than-recommended dinos

BTW raptors? What makes you think that would work? 

Thats not accurate results though, you dont what dinos I have and dont have and cant assume their levels either 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Jerry25712 said:

Thats not accurate results though, you dont what dinos I have and dont have and cant assume their levels either 

Well you told us in the OP what dinos you have. Why don't you tell us the levels of them then?

Otherwise this whole thread is pointless because it appears from the very start you had no intention of listening to advice.

Why don't you just do the tek cave with what you've got, record it, show us, and be done with it?

1 hour ago, GP said:

Well you told us in the OP what dinos you have. Why don't you tell us the levels of them then?

Otherwise this whole thread is pointless because it appears from the very start you had no intention of listening to advice.

Why don't you just do the tek cave with what you've got, record it, show us, and be done with it?

I have new dinos and more of them now, also I will use some of the suggested ones but Im not replacing my diplos, i will get more allos for the bleed damage

5 hours ago, Jerry25712 said:

The diplos are not meant for the boss fight Im going to ride one without any other tames following me and push everything into lava then run back or grapple along the ceiling and bring them all through safely 

Perhaps I'm just reading this wrong, but it sounds like you plan on taking the diplos out of the cave once you finish pushing everything down.

Don't try this. Once the cave door closes, it's not re-opening for you to let your diplos out. You have to take them through the portal at the end, but I think they'll be fine if you don't take them past the bridge right before the overseer fight.

5 hours ago, Jerry25712 said:

also I have been listening to advice, I only said I wasnt using rexes because I dont tame them since I prefer tactical and fast creatures over brute force ones, even though I use gigas which are the meaning of slow and clunky

Gigas are actually pretty fast. I think a sprinting rex is a bit slower than a walking giga. I think their turn radius is depressing though. I don't normally like gigas very much so I'm not really sure.

On 9/5/2018 at 12:13 PM, AngrySaltire said:

That hasnt been a viable tactic since the game left early access lol. 

haha. Even then that wasn't the best way to do it back then because you couldn't regain altitude if you made a slight miscalculation. We did it the first week they added the tek cave using tek gloves and parachutes. One guy on official PVE managed to get alpha leeds blubber and put it up for sale on the forums... man we spent a fortune on that. lol. That was before they blocked transfers of it. 

Ah... here's the video that my friend made on a test server while we were trying to figure things out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived