Best Dinos for tek cave?

Jerry25712

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jerry25712 said:

Im wearing ascendant riot chest legs and help with tek gauntlets and ascendant flak boots. 2 of my carnos are over lv 300 and my yutyrannus courage roar makes them basically invincible, also my diplos are all on high lvs with lots of health since I mass breed them

Dude thats overkill

On 9/6/2018 at 10:44 AM, ishootpaint said:

Lol. An ocean of diplos still isn't going to do jack to a tek cave giga. Im trying to give you solid advice so you dont lose a bunch of tames. Not trying to be argumentative but take the advice of people on here saying your not ready to even begin a tek cave run.

The problem with small dinos is there HP.  A lot will do decent damage but one big AOE attack and they could all get one shot.

At first I ran ice cavern with lots of high DPS low HP Dimorphodon.  They own until they got all wiped by 2 bears. Now I used high HP, average DPS ones, much better.

1 hour ago, RasFW said:

I mean, since you have 50 dino slots, you might as well fill them. Double up on the Raptors just in case. And bring a few lystro for the exp buff on your dinos. Wouldn't want to waste potential levelling!

Couldnt hurt to bring some Ovis incase you need wool during the tek cave, also a direbear for fiber

1 hour ago, charles06 said:

After reading this post I'm hoping and praying to watch this video of him completely catching a L and losing all 70 of his tames in the Tek cave. Diplo's vs lvl 646 Rexes.... Please let me see this video when you do it cause I need a good laugh

He did just mention he was playing single player so he may have his settings on super carebear mode. If not.... I weep for his tames.

I will have my diplos up front pushing things into lava with some chalicotheriums behind them throwing boulders for support, I will have my yutyrannus on neutral with auto courage on with the carnos also on neutral following the yutyrannus with me riding either a yutyrannus, a giga, or my allosaurus with the rest of my arsenal following me. I think that would be enough to beat tek cave

20 minutes ago, Jerry25712 said:

today I got 2 gigas I looked on the wikis spawn map and went to the frozen fang where there was 2 female ones I got them both using tranq arrows and grappling hooks I might bring one with me, if it fits that is

Gigas can not fit inside the tek cave.

Along with lots of others, I'd also like you to record this. I don't think you'll do well at all vs the overseer, but I really want to see if cheesing the cave like this is possible.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 9/6/2018 at 3:40 PM, Jerry25712 said:

Are you serious? I already have 2 trophies I have gamma for both and alpha broodmother, no dragon ones though since its not possible without update

You need the dragon trophy too. There is no way you will complete Tek cave with Diplos, let alone beat the Overseer at the end. But as others have said, please do record it, it will be fun to see what happens.

33 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Gigas can not fit inside the tek cave.

Along with lots of others, I'd also like you to record this. I don't think you'll do well at all vs the overseer, but I really want to see if cheesing the cave like this is possible.

I will record it if I can I really wanna prove people wrong about my diplos

Allo's are great in the Tek-Cave, and there speed is rather good when having to run down the Overseer at the end of the whole cave part. You really do want to breed dino's for this, even if you are playing in singleplayer with the singleplayer settings (and it sounds like the OP does), dmg output during the fight is rather high depending on the difficulty overseer you are aiming for.

If you cant fight the dragon and win, you will not be able to take on the overseer, you might be able to clear the Tek Cave but you will fail on the overseer.

I am intrested on how the dilpo's do in the cave part though, i never had decent enough diplo's to try that tactic.

For a laugh I duplicated your setting (without cheats people) and went through the cave. This happened.

First 2 minutes in half the dinos were dead

Diplos fell into the lava

Got to the boss arena with three dinos and got mashed

Diplos are not boss fighting dinos XD

And before you say I didn't try - I've beaten the alpha tek cave many times using less-than-recommended dinos

BTW raptors? What makes you think that would work? 

13 minutes ago, btb556 said:

Yeah, but whenever are ARK odds in ANYONE's favor? Besides I said boss fighting not trash pushing ?

Since i had several spawns go into the lava without me even doing anything, id say the odds are quite good on that one tbh.

And besides that everyone knew the diplo's are useless in boss fights, since they do 0 dmg, so there push back on cave trash would be there only redeeming value.

Archived