Best Dinos for tek cave?

Jerry25712

ok so I play in a old xbox update and console commands dont exist Im thinking of updating so I can spawn skylord artifact but if I do what dinos should I take with me into tek cave?

Currently I own 3 yutyrannus 7 carnos 2 rexes 2 raptors 1 thyla 30+ diplos 1 beezebuffo 2 chalicotheriums and 2 blue doedicrus I own more but they are too big or fly

Omg diplos can go into tek cave I could just push everything into lava

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are doing tek cave solo without cheating then I find a bunch of good bred therizinosaurs along with a godlike yut and rex is best. Ride the rex when you are by microraptors. Watch the rex&yut's movement so they don't fall off into lava. I find therizinosaurs are best because they are easiest to get into the cave within the timelimit and to train through the cave without any falling into the lava. Also, you can give them some vegecakes. You only need a few dinos at a time to be fighting(rest on passive) in the cave. Like your rex and 4 therizinos would be cool. You just need to get all the rest of the dinos to the boss encounter where you'll need them.

39 minutes ago, Melcreif said:

Ok so I'm a bit behind the times LOL

Only a little bit ? As @BaldBudgie says you havent a chance of defeating the overseer with an archeaopteryx or terror bird.

Also, while I could be wrong, I beleive anytames which survive the tek cave and overseer will teleport back to the volcano :)

21 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

If you tried running tek cave with the mentioned dinos you would not make it. Its gonna be hard pushing a giga into the lava with a diplo.

Take D1nk's advice and look into whats needed to even get the tribute for the tek cave and those will be the dinos you take to the cave.

You think I have one diplo, I got enough to fill the ocean

22 hours ago, d1nk said:

You need trophies from the bosses, you need to kill them first before even thinking about Tek Cave. 

The answer is the same for all boss encounters, high saddles rexs or theriz plus a yuty. Even with Tek cave, build up an army to kill bosses then you will know what to bring in tek cave

Are you serious? I already have 2 trophies I have gamma for both and alpha broodmother, no dragon ones though since its not possible without update

1 hour ago, Jerry25712 said:

You think I have one diplo, I got enough to fill the ocean

Lol. An ocean of diplos still isn't going to do jack to a tek cave giga. Im trying to give you solid advice so you dont lose a bunch of tames. Not trying to be argumentative but take the advice of people on here saying your not ready to even begin a tek cave run.

1 minute ago, ishootpaint said:

Lol. An ocean of diplos still isn't going to do jack to a tek cave giga. Im trying to give you solid advice so you dont lose a bunch of tames. Not trying to be argumentative but take the advice of people on here saying your not ready to even begin a tek cave run.

They can push brontos back, If I get them to push the giga they will knock it off the edge, if they dont I will make some run off edge so giga follows them

I will also bring my new allosaurus alongside my yutyrunnus and carnos

They can push brontos back, If I get them to push the giga they will knock it off the edge, if they dont I will make some run off edge so giga follows them

I will also bring my new allosaurus alongside my yutyrunnus and carnos

Dont say we didn't warn you. Your talking about doing end game content with entry level dinos. Also keep in mind alpha tak cave can have up to lvl600 dinos inside.

And? diplos have large knockback and dont agrro things that are carno and below in size, not to mention there huge attack radius. I'll be fine with 10 diplos 10 carnos 3 yutyrannus and a allosaurus but if you insist I might bring my rexes but they are slow and clunky

Dude take your 10 diplos. They OP. 

Edit. But 10 carnos and 3 yutys might be overdoing it for the overseer. Just bring 1 yutys and 5 carnos and 2 raptors.

Also make a video and give us the link

2 hours ago, Jerry25712 said:

And? diplos have large knockback and dont agrro things that are carno and below in size, not to mention there huge attack radius. I'll be fine with 10 diplos 10 carnos 3 yutyrannus and a allosaurus but if you insist I might bring my rexes but they are slow and clunky

Lets assume you do make it through the cave portion without being killed off your diplo by aggressive dimorphs(from what i remember from my run everything in the cave is aggressive to you nomatter what mount your on. Someone please correct me if this is untrue). How do you plan to beat the boss at the end? Push it until it gives up?

I pray to the overseer that you are just trolling and dont actually think you stand a chance with that dino line up. Not bashing your favorite dinos, god knows my hyenadon wouldn't have a prayer either.

If you can beat tek cave gamma with diplos, carnos and a yuti. If you post a recording of getying through the cave and winning with that line up i will personally come to your server and you can make me a custom recipe with rotten meat and name it crow that ill eat.

Edit: and ill post the video of me eating it XD

Lets assume you do make it through the cave portion without being killed off your diplo by aggressive dimorphs(from what i remember from my run everything in the cave is aggressive to you nomatter what mount your on. Someone please correct me if this is untrue). How do you plan to beat the boss at the end? Push it until it gives up?

I pray to the overseer that you are just trolling and dont actually think you stand a chance with that dino line up. Not bashing your favorite dinos, god knows my hyenadon wouldn't have a prayer either.

If you can beat tek cave gamma with diplos, carnos and a yuti. If you post a recording of getying through the cave and winning with that line up i will personally come to your server and you can make me a custom recipe with rotten meat and name it crow that ill eat.

Im wearing ascendant riot chest legs and help with tek gauntlets and ascendant flak boots. 2 of my carnos are over lv 300 and my yutyrannus courage roar makes them basically invincible, also my diplos are all on high lvs with lots of health since I mass breed them

I play in sp so sadly I wont see that happen

Archived