Dimetrodons on mobile

Xel

I have also been unable to pick up dimetrodon with an argy. A couple of times I picked up a snake and a couple kapro (not at same time) that were near the dimetrodon. But not the dimetrodon. Idk if it’s a bug or what. I gave up when I found a female dimetrodon in the northern swamp off the NE tip of redwoods. There are hardly any predators compared to south swamp, so I was able to knock her out and build a quick stone hut to trap her in. Because carno spawn nearby I made the outer walls 2 high and created an inner sanctum complete with a roof where the dimetrodon lives so the carno can’t get her thru the wall. I also needed terror bird eggs and made a second similar structure that houses a female terror bird next door. Now I fly there to get eggs because I don’t have space to tame more kibble dinos. 

I did come across some old old posts about an argy bug related to a delay in picking up dinos. I’m just not sure if it would be at all related to what’s happening now.

No, even though the wiki on Gamepedia says you can pick up the Dimetrodon with the Argy, you can't on Mobile. I've tried after luring it into a pen, letting it settle down and then positioning my Argy right over it.

I tamed a Dimetrodon successfully once, but I had a lot of bio toxin and I had to sit and watch the torpor. Same thing with the Therizinosaurus and all tamables that have the fast torpor drop. In any case, I would try to lure it into a pen so it can't wonder off and it can't attack you and you can starve it out so that the taming meter goes up quickly. The creek in the area of lat 54.7 lon 62.7, at the south eastern peninsula of the redwood forest teams with Dimetrodon, I've seen more of them there than any other area. You'll have to watch out for Carnos, Kapros, Sarcos, Baryonyx, Terror Chickens and the very rare Rex, but those, minus the Kapro, are better than snakes that sneak up on you and torpor you to death. Kapros are manageable if you already have a melee weapon out and a flying type tame nearby on neutral. 

Archived