New Servers soon? Comment!

Magmorta

This is being posted to prompt a discussion as to when we'll be seeing some new servers. Its been far too long in my book IMHO. Youngest servers out there that are not Arkpocolypse are about 800+ days old. All the Fresh Servers are now no longer 'fresh', and those came out in April. High time for some new ones! So question is WHEN. Will we have to wait for Extinction to be released? That could be another 2 month (or more) wait.  Comments welcome. Maybe devs will chime in and let us know what their plans are so we aren't all waiting. And let's all suggest more Rag and Island servers because its obvious how much the box tribes just LOVE to use them as storage servers. Sadly SE is going that route as well.

What we really need is some small tribe OC and SA servers... Been out for months and during great migration when they shut down OC servers I thought OC was gonna get some small tribe servers... But no. It sucks cause lag on servers over 30 is unreal for consoles... So much worse than PC where it's not a big deal.

At this point I have a bunch of dinos,bullets, structures, and eggs that I have hidden away... I honestly DC anymore since WC doesn't care about anything that isn't NA or EU. I'm just gonna let them despawn cause, although this is my favourite game I ever played, I'm sick of how lousy customer support is with these Devs. 

I think constantly having "fresh" servers is a good idea because during the fresh status the meta is different. There are no alphas or Megas and therefore it the game feels better imo... Till a mega or alpha takes control.

I'm waiting for Fallout 76, which I'll probably play for a long time and if not come back to Ark, but only if they got small tribe OC servers. If they got  If not, I'll say goodbye to the best game I have ever played.

Hey Magmorta! We met in Discord. Small world just joined the forums trying to get it unlocked :)

I agree they should release some new servers to relieve the cap on the existing ones. For our main island server we used to be on an NA one but there was so much crashing, lag, and constant tame cap that the EU island server right at green obi we inherited some time ago is actually a hack of a lot less laggy for me, and I'm on the east coast.

As for a reply to Aylana's comment I believe they should be taking more legacies down to save on CPU resources. They said every three months but actually my old legacy map is still up over a year now. I already grabbed my save so we quit there, but still I believe they should just finish up all the legacy maps so they can focus and release more new servers, our center is at constant cap.

Archived