ark on xbox is unplayable

FudgeReloaded

My friends and i have been across the servers on both PVP and PVE, you can't even get out of half of the spawn points or die instantly from dinos, turrets, starving in a box and on the servers where you can actually spawn there are so many pillars all over the map just forget being able to build. I know that we aren't the only ones with this issue and i know that Wild card is going to hopefully do somthing about this problem. My friends and I have all bought the season pass for this game but might as well just have flushed the money down the poopter or maybe purchased another game im really thinking about reinstalling Conan. I know the devs are working hard but I am currently on NA PVE server 181 the Center Provoke every one to just try and find a place to build on this server and the best thing is there are very few tribes on this server but i could be so much better if every square inch wasnt covered by pillars. 

1 minute ago, FudgeReloaded said:

My friends and i have been across the servers on both PVP and PVE, you can't even get out of half of the spawn points or die instantly from dinos, turrets, starving in a box and on the servers where you can actually spawn there are so many pillars all over the map just forget being able to build. I know that we aren't the only ones with this issue and i know that Wild card is going to hopefully do somthing about this problem. My friends and I have all bought the season pass for this game but might as well just have flushed the money down the poopter or maybe purchased another game im really thinking about reinstalling Conan. I know the devs are working hard but I am currently on NA PVE server 181 the Center Provoke every one to just try and find a place to build on this server and the best thing is there are very few tribes on this server but i could be so much better if every square inch wasnt covered by pillars. 

I have read the code of conduct and i also payed to play this game i expect more from you wild card wipe this server because apparently the people on server 181 NA PVE on the center do not care about your code of conduct.

30 minutes ago, FudgeReloaded said:

Then play PVP. You won't have to worry about any of that pillar problem and there are plenty of areas to spawn where you don't die instantly on them

Oh man, what a laugh.
"I can't find a place to build on an Official Server, so I expect you to wipe the server!"

Dude, c'mon, we're struggling to feel sympathy for you when you showcase such a surprisingly selfish and narrow-sighted approach to solving this 'issue'. Official servers are, and likely always will be the worst way to play Ark. There's so much wrong with it that I don't even know where to begin, and pillar spam in PvE is just a drop in the bucket of genuine issues you will come across when playing this game on Official.

The solution is simple. Don't play on Official.
Either fork over the money to host your own server through Nitrado, play on single-player, or if you want the community experience and can't really afford to pay every couple of months to keep a server up, then find another server that's willing to take you. There's no shortage of quality servers out there and you could find many of them on this forum, or by joining an Ark Facebook page. Hell, you could even just load up the Unofficial PC Servers option when selecting a server and just picking one at random and taking your chances.

Here's the thing about this game, and a personal pet peeve of mine... people expect the game to adapt to them but that's not how it works. You don't get to cry outrage and demand they just wipe an entire server for the sake of a newcomer. You have to realize how absurd and selfish that is. Adapt and find another way to play. Trust me, you're not really missing out on much with Official servers anyway.

Also, you bought a season pass before even getting to properly try the vanilla game? Dude... c'mon.

1 hour ago, Akherousia said:

Oh man, what a laugh.
"I can't find a place to build on an Official Server, so I expect you to wipe the server!"

Dude, c'mon, we're struggling to feel sympathy for you when you showcase such a surprisingly selfish and narrow-sighted approach to solving this 'issue'. Official servers are, and likely always will be the worst way to play Ark. There's so much wrong with it that I don't even know where to begin, and pillar spam in PvE is just a drop in the bucket of genuine issues you will come across when playing this game on Official.

The solution is simple. Don't play on Official.
Either fork over the money to host your own server through Nitrado, play on single-player, or if you want the community experience and can't really afford to pay every couple of months to keep a server up, then find another server that's willing to take you. There's no shortage of quality servers out there and you could find many of them on this forum, or by joining an Ark Facebook page. Hell, you could even just load up the Unofficial PC Servers option when selecting a server and just picking one at random and taking your chances.

Here's the thing about this game, and a personal pet peeve of mine... people expect the game to adapt to them but that's not how it works. You don't get to cry outrage and demand they just wipe an entire server for the sake of a newcomer. You have to realize how absurd and selfish that is. Adapt and find another way to play. Trust me, you're not really missing out on much with Official servers anyway.

Also, you bought a season pass before even getting to properly try the vanilla game? Dude... c'mon.

I can cry, bitch, moan what ever i feel like i dont like waisting my money on trash like ark. and yes about 70% of servers are completely unplayable due to people exploiting bull poop like pillars and crashing servers due to ob dupingand the other 30% are at the cap. not to mention all the assholes that think servers they aren't playing on can just be a dino daycare for who ever dumps ungodly amounts of rex's and gigas for what raptoring reason why does one need half the map to them selves why does one need hundreds of dinos this is a real problem and yes i do expect the server be sorted by whiping it or what ever and of course i expect toxic ass holes to come into the thread and leave comments of how it doesnt affect them or they can play just fine i would bet that your one of assholes that block half the server off and buying a season pass has nothing to do with the mongoloids mucking up servers to benefit them so your pet peeve isnt really relevant here.

8 minutes ago, FudgeReloaded said:

I can cry, bitch, moan what ever i feel like i dont like waisting my money on trash like ark. and yes about 70% of servers are completely unplayable due to people exploiting bull poop like pillars and crashing servers due to ob dupingand the other 30% are at the cap. not to mention all the assholes that think servers they aren't playing on can just be a dino daycare for who ever dumps ungodly amounts of rex's and gigas for what raptoring reason why does one need half the map to them selves why does one need hundreds of dinos this is a real problem and yes i do expect the server be sorted by whiping it or what ever and of course i expect toxic ass holes to come into the thread and leave comments of how it doesnt affect them or they can play just fine i would bet that your one of assholes that block half the server off and buying a season pass has nothing to do with the mongoloids mucking up servers to benefit them so your pet peeve isnt really relevant here.

No, that's not how this works. You're not magically entitled to act like an arse just because you spent money on something - especially if you spent it foolishly, like, you know, buying a season pass for a game you haven't even properly tried out yet. Your sunken costs are on you and any issue with this game not measuring up to your expectations boils down to your lack of research and/or inability to understand that there's more than one way to play this game.

You're being an absolute child here. I gave you genuine advice; three very good alternatives to playing on Official servers, but instead you try to single me out as one of the 'toxic assholes' you're so upset about. If you're lashing out against those who try to help you just as much as you are those who are putting you in this position then, I'm sorry bud, but you're the toxic ass here.

I agree with what the OP is saying. Why the hell aren’t the devs doing anything about the problems that plague our servers? I’ve been dealing with this crap for years and they’ve had plenty of time to fix it. 

People still dupe, people still barricade theirselves in caves using ORP-invincible gates, people still undermesh, and they still block spawns. No one wants to play fair anymore because others will use cheats against them. 

I like to play on populated PvE servers. 4 maps in a row, had spawns blocked with huge houses. The doors were locked and everyone told me to “just leave and stop crying “ I mean WHAT THE HELL! Maybe I shouldn’t be trapped in a spawn point where I can’t leave! This is not a joke when this makes the game literally unplayable. 

Pvp is just the same. A majority of servers I tried had the exact same thing. They told me to break the doors (with my fists?!) and that I should just go play fairytale land PvE. These people are messed in the head.

This one tribe had posts dedicated to killing beach spawns. They had one-hit-kill tamed creatures stationed nearby. I tried spawning 10 times and I was killed immediately by a tame every time.  I asked why they did it and they explained the system they had in place. Of course I screenshot their confessions and recorded my deaths but I never got any response from devs.

Do not set rules if no ones going to enforce them. The funny part is people will get banned from this forum site if they even hint at doing it themselves. Don’t some WC people run this site or just moderators?

People are sick. They’d never be this cruel in our society with rules and police, which is why they act like this in a video game. I bet the trolls/griefers would be the serial killers in our world. Good thing we have capital punishment.

I play unofficial by myself and it’s so much better :) 

25 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

I agree with what the OP is saying. Why the hell aren’t the devs doing anything about the problems that plague our servers? I’ve been dealing with this crap for years and they’ve had plenty of time to fix it. 

People still dupe, people still barricade theirselves in caves using ORP-invincible gates, people still undermesh, and they still block spawns. No one wants to play fair anymore because others will use cheats against them. 

I like to play on populated PvE servers. 4 maps in a row, had spawns blocked with huge houses. The doors were locked and everyone told me to “just leave and stop crying “ I mean WHAT THE HELL! Maybe I shouldn’t be trapped in a spawn point where I can’t leave! This is not a joke when this makes the game literally unplayable. 

Pvp is just the same. A majority of servers I tried had the exact same thing. They told me to break the doors (with my fists?!) and that I should just go play fairytale land PvE. These people are messed in the head.

This one tribe had posts dedicated to killing beach spawns. They had one-hit-kill tamed creatures stationed nearby. I tried spawning 10 times and I was killed immediately by a tame every time.  I asked why they did it and they explained the system they had in place. Of course I screenshot their confessions and recorded my deaths but I never got any response from devs.

Do not set rules if no ones going to enforce them. The funny part is people will get banned from this forum site if they even hint at doing it themselves. Don’t some WC people run this site or just moderators?

People are sick. They’d never be this cruel in our society with rules and police, which is why they act like this in a video game. I bet the trolls/griefers would be the serial killers in our world. Good thing we have capital punishment.

I play unofficial by myself and it’s so much better :) 

This is a better way to complain. 

You could say i'm toxic, in reality im just sick of seeing the same complaint thread written by different people with the same attitude every time. I've been around here awhile, I love this game but I would never again play on an official server. There is so much of the game you get to enjoy playing unofficiare

It does help that the large amount of time I did spend on officials was before the extreme tame cap problem *(you have the first Valentine's day even to blame for that one)* but the pillar problem always existed. It never bugged me. Why should I, the new guy expect, no..demand space to play on, on a year old server? Do they not have every right to play as I did? 

I believe half the fun was playing on these such servers and through politics or sheer force aquiring said land. I was never a hoarder of land, we always had a lot but only in prime no-building locations or to protect spawns. I guess people tend to forget how bad the game used to get with extreme overpopulation. There was times (months) where barely any dinos on any (PvE)  servers were spawning due to mass populations. 

10 minutes ago, d1nk said:

This is a better way to complain. 

You could say i'm toxic, in reality im just sick of seeing the same complaint thread written by different people with the same attitude every time. I've been around here awhile, I love this game but I would never again play on an official server. There is so much of the game you get to enjoy playing unofficiare

It does help that the large amount of time I did spend on officials was before the extreme tame cap problem *(you have the first Valentine's day even to blame for that one)* but the pillar problem always existed. It never bugged me. Why should I, the new guy expect, no..demand space to play on, on a year old server? Do they not have every right to play as I did? 

I believe half the fun was playing on these such servers and through politics or sheer force aquiring said land. I was never a hoarder of land, we always had a lot but only in prime no-building locations or to protect spawns. I guess people tend to forget how bad the game used to get with extreme overpopulation. There was times (months) where barely any dinos on any (PvE)  servers were spawning due to mass populations. 

You said it, man I remember trying to do meat runs on the island and barely being able to find a Parasaur to kill. I completely agree, half the fun on official pve is the diplomacy you need to have to work with other tribes to have them release land and venture deeper into the map and find a place to call home. 

I just recently started up in aberration and when no body would release any land we ended up discovering a location that blows away any pillared area people have claimed. Now we are a major competitor on the server and have built up a good reputation. People just want things handed to them just because they paid the same amount as everyone else playing this game. 

Personally, my biggest issue is that there is a lot to discuss about these matters but the people bringing it up aren't worthy of discussing it with. Admittedly, I was a bit sarcastic and snarky in my initial post, but how am I supposed to respond to 'wipe people's years of hard work so I can play a game I might not even like'? It's very difficult to not find a little bit of hilarity in that.

Still, I gave him three solid suggestions and instead he chose to lash out, call people - including myself - names, and frankly showcased that he's not really willing to listen to anything short of some magical scenario where Wildcard comes in and says 'you know what? You're right. Your tantrum has shown us the way and we will wipe this server just for you'. 

We could discuss the genuine issues with Ark for days, and he did bring up one of many, but at the end of the day he's not here for discussion. He's just some fool clinging to the 'customer is always right' mentality as hard as he possibly can and has no interest in hearing any actual, legitimate solutions.

1 minute ago, Akherousia said:

Personally, my biggest issue is that there is a lot to discuss about these matters but the people bringing it up aren't worthy of discussing it with. Admittedly, I was a bit sarcastic and snarky in my initial post, but how am I supposed to respond to 'wipe people's years of hard work so I can play a game I might not even like'? It's very difficult to not find a little bit of hilarity in that.

Still, I gave him three solid suggestions and instead he chose to lash out, call people - including myself - names, and frankly showcased that he's not really willing to listen to anything short of some magical scenario where Wildcard comes in and says 'you know what? You're right. Your tantrum has shown us the way and we will wipe this server just for you'. 

We could discuss the genuine issues with Ark for days, and he did bring up one of many, but at the end of the day he's not here for discussion. He's just some fool clinging to the 'customer is always right' mentality as hard as he possibly can and has no interest in hearing any actual, legitimate solutions.

No but there are a lot more people that read these than just OP. Maybe some of them will be deemed worthy by your standards and some real discussion will be had!

Yay forums

1 minute ago, Akherousia said:

Yup, even in my abb server, we occasionally get guys like this screaming over global chat. The server just ignores them because talking does nothing, even when I offered to help. They watch a YouTube video about best base locations and then freak out if they can’t have that location. 

Just now, d1nk said:

No but there are a lot more people that read these than just OP. Maybe some of them will be deemed worthy by your standards and some real discussion will be had!

Yay forums

Perhaps, but there's nothing to be gained from it, is there?
Unless you're referring to the advice, then you have a good point.

If you're talking about us discussing these issues, however, well it's really nothing than a bunch of people sitting around in an echo chamber. We all know the issues, and we all know the potential solutions but action falls on Wildcard.

Just now, SAMPS0N7 said:

Yup, even in my abb server, we occasionally get guys like this screaming over global chat. The server just ignores them because talking does nothing, even when I offered to help. They watch a YouTube video about best base locations and then freak out if they can’t have that location. 

Oh man, the entitlement you run into is ridiculous. I understand that everyone should have the right to enjoy the games they pay for. I strongly believe that, and I genuinely believe that's something that should ring true for Ark - even on official servers - but there are a few issues with that. 1.) You have to be reasonable about your expectations and 'demands', and 2.) Regardless of how it 'should' be, there will always be people who are all too comfortable spoiling that for the rest of us. It was argued earlier that the people who get off on such behavior in this game are the types who would be acting out in society if we didn't have laws and enforcement in place. I honestly believe that and have been toying with those kinds of thoughts for quite some time now. People are, in my opinion, mostly horrible and games bring out the unfiltered truth of a person's personality. It especially doesn't help that Ark is the kind of game that gives people a lot of power if they work for it or are lucky enough to fall into it. The kind of power to render months of hard work as if it never happened in mere minutes. Some people really love abusing this, but honestly, what can we actually do to change that?

People can be so toxic, seems every pve server has that one tribe that is the server troll. I think it just comes down working as a server to bring them down and police your own server. We just eliminated our server troll through multiple tickets issued to WC and ended having him wiped from the server and complete segregation from all server trades/assistance until he fell in line. Problem is not many people like to stick their neck out for others, especially when you have no real relationship with them. 

Guest DJRone89
40 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Lol just because the official servers are in a mess doesnt mean the game is unplayable. There are other ways to play. I am playing completely fine on an unofficial server. Want to talk about unplayability ? Talk about single player, thats broken, completely broken.

Even with my Xbox One X, singleplayer still crashes!

11 hours ago, Akherousia said:

Oh man, the entitlement you run into is ridiculous. I understand that everyone should have the right to enjoy the games they pay for. I strongly believe that, and I genuinely believe that's something that should ring true for Ark - even on official servers - but there are a few issues with that. 1.) You have to be reasonable about your expectations and 'demands', and 2.) Regardless of how it 'should' be, there will always be people who are all too comfortable spoiling that for the rest of us. It was argued earlier that the people who get off on such behavior in this game are the types who would be acting out in society if we didn't have laws and enforcement in place. I honestly believe that and have been toying with those kinds of thoughts for quite some time now. People are, in my opinion, mostly horrible and games bring out the unfiltered truth of a person's personality. It especially doesn't help that Ark is the kind of game that gives people a lot of power if they work for it or are lucky enough to fall into it. The kind of power to render months of hard work as if it never happened in mere minutes. Some people really love abusing this, but honestly, what can we actually do to change that?

Exactly, this game has been out for a while so of course the established players are, well,..........established. I don't know what these noobs expect to come into. It takes, sometimes, months to build fortifications on a server, breed up good tame lines,  and get established in your server community. We're big enough that, if we decide to pull up, you're either getting wiped or we're doing enough damage to get a clear message across. We're not the strongest but we're in this for survival, just like everyone else. PVP can be a beast, especially if you don't know anyone but that's the point of getting to know your server community. I've seen guys stay a month or two on our servers, get hit, and during it ask for the servers help.

Why? We don't know them and they could've deserved the wipe. If someone to pull up on one of our allies then we protect the server first and then find out the reason after. Then we get these new players in that pay for the game and think this entitles them to something. We actually had a guy who wanted in our tribe and I told him no. The guy had enough gall to say "but I paid for this game". Ok??? But that doesn't entitle you to our hours of gameplay that we put in

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, AzDaemon said:

Really? I haven't played single in a few months but I never had this issue. I usually only pop on to try out different builds though so not sure how much that helps

1 hour ago, Jerry25712 said:

Mine is normal xbox 1 on starting update never crashed once and I have well over 1500 hours in sp

Only on occasion but frequently enough to be annoying. I only use SP to test settings though now I host through Nitrado, the console settings are too limited and almost pointless for what I want to achieve.

Archived