Community Crunch 147: ARK Modding Contest Officially Open!

Jen

18 hours ago, Gaming4Fun said:

Tfw they chose to advertise that the game is buggy as raptor but they chose not to fix it

instead we get owls

tfw fools waste their time complaining and being trolls on the internet instead of just letting people do their jobs and being patient while they are obviously busy

6 hours ago, DarkRaptor13 said:

ARK Extinction is literally the more accurate name. The game is definitely dead. 

Just because you say so? Doesn't matter if a few people have your opinion, player numbers are what decide that and guess what. Ark is number 13 currently on steam for amount of players currently playing. When Extinction drops I bet it goes into at least top 5.

36 minutes ago, Gravex said:

Wow WC you guys really suck , weekly digests and you don’t put anything worthwhile in them, god even the rust developers do a better job then you guys lol 

It's seems they don't even pretend trying to have correct communication with playerbase. They have bi-weekly live streams.Why do they not organise live Q&A sessions with people who watch the stream? Why do we have to wait a month to get some answears about highly requested features and when they come they give no real answears? I'm looking at S+ that they have no clue what they want to add from it after 10 months since the announcement. 

Edited by Lewiatan
  • Like 1

I don't mean to be overly critical, but when these crunches are supposed to be giving us current news with the game, recapping livestreams and announcing modding contests is not my idea, or many other people's idea for that matter, of news. Extinction is still 2 months away and there's still barely any news on that. The last Digest Q&A didn't really answer any real questions that couldn't be answered by literally anyone. And what is the deal with this Atlas? Is it some new game or a DLC for Ark or a total conversion? There have been no details regarding that and no one has any real details on it. Why isn't anyone answering any serious questions? Why can't we get real answers to real questions? Not all the incessant questions about S+ and all that stuff, but details on the final DLC we've been waiting for literally months and other things that actually matter.

6 minutes ago, JakaVodlan said:

I don't mean to be overly critical, but when these crunches are supposed to be giving us current news with the game, recapping livestreams and announcing modding contests is not my idea, or many other people's idea for that matter, of news. Extinction is still 2 months away and there's still barely any news on that. The last Digest Q&A didn't really answer any real questions that couldn't be answered by literally anyone. And what is the deal with this Atlas? Is it some new game or a DLC for Ark or a total conversion? There have been no details regarding that and no one has any real details on it. Why isn't anyone answering any serious questions? Why can't we get real answers to real questions? Not all the incessant questions about S+ and all that stuff, but details on the final DLC we've been waiting for literally months and other things that actually matter.

Didn't you post this already?

1 minute ago, TinyHippo said:

Didn't you post this already?

Not me. Someone else did it bit i really agree with what he said so i posted it too. WC are giving us only crap news. i am sure 95% of people playing  dont even care about this crap. We would like to see something better than this. And news come out every week so i think they have more than enough time to post something more exciting. This game has such a big potential it is pitty it is not being  used.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

I can still hope.

Seriously though, there's no way WC won't have Extinction out by christmas. No way at all that they're going to miss out on those sales. WW3 could break out and they'd still have Extinction out in time.

The biggest delay we can get is less than 2 months.

Im only speculating but im fairly sure the players who actually gv a crap still already own a pass so extinction is free for us when its released, wc already has their money.  And if i was money focused lik wc seems to be, id wait til after the holidays so i wudnt hv to worry about gving any special holiday deals for my new money maker.  Id want to charge full price.  Since they already hv their money its not rly a priority to push the content lol.

20 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

Just because you say so? Doesn't matter if a few people have your opinion, player numbers are what decide that and guess what. Ark is number 13 currently on steam for amount of players currently playing. When Extinction drops I bet it goes into at least top 5.

13 now ? Wasn't it even better the previous years ? It's cool but it will decrease more and more... Extinction will make players curious and some will play again, it's normal. But I (maybe just me) think it will never have as much success as it had at the beginning. A lot of my friend never played on SE or Aberration and won't play on Extinction because they don't care about the scifi story. 

It had a good launch because of the niche (a few good dino games only, ARK was nearly alone at this time on the market). But now they don't care about dinos anymore, it's only about scifi. Guess what ? There are a lot of other scifi games. Even better ones. They could have used the hype about dinos built by Fallen Kingdom this year to attract even more players with more dino-content... but they did only 3  skins. 

If you like dinos, like many of the first ARK players, it's kind of boring to play ARK, nothing new about dino/prehistoric content. I'm just waiting for this kind of content but it has been a while. Didn't play ARK since month, I will probably uninstall it soon to free some space. So much potential. But finally just another game with zombie, mutant and robots. I already bought Fallout 4, no need for another scifi game full of bugs

Since no one has responded to my last comment on the previous post, could you at least be so kind as to give us a list of servers that we could transfer into. You had on every other migration. I wouldn't ask, however I've tried transferring servers several times  (mainly ragnaroke servers), and every one that I went to is capped on dinosaurs to the point that you can't transfer in, tame or claim. Additionally I'm not just looking for myself, but about 7 other tribes on my server who just want to protect what they've invested their time and energy into. Thank you, and good luck to all Ark survivors. Vaulteck, tribe Huntress. Server 692 on ps4.