Trying to figure out how to build a water base

Akherousia

Hey guys,

For a while now I've always loved the idea of a floating water base. I mean, to be fair, who doesn't think it'd be kind of cool to have an isolated spot of their own floating in the sea for their water tames and general operations? The problem is that it's a pretty ambitious goal when you're playing vanilla Ark on consoles. I know it's certainly possible through use of pillars, and that you don't need to build every pillar all the way to the top to make it work, but I've still run into some issues.

1.) You still need to build relatively close to the surface, as I found nearly all of the spots I wanted to build were too deep and wouldn't let me use pillars beyond a certain point.
2.) Much of the seafloor on The Island at an appropriate depth is extremely uneven, thus forcing you to either create very narrow bases that will not be capable of performing the intended roles.

I've considered the possibility of building in one of the sea caves, but frankly I'd rather avoid that since I really enjoy running through them for loot. I know loot would still be accessible if I built in them, but I feel it would somewhat cheapen the experience. This is, however, my Plan B if I can't figure this out.

I've done numerous Google searches in the past, and just recently looked through some posts I could find about the subject but for the most part people are either doing it with mods on PC, on other maps, or just aren't really providing any help or information at all beyond 'you can put ceilings on pillars!'.

Has anyone successfully built a decent-sized sea base on The Island using vanilla building materials and mechanics capable of housing at least a handful of water tames and performing other basic operations? If so, where did you find the space and terrain necessary to pull it off?

anywhere around either of the islands being herbivore island or carno island has some flat spots. There are also some flat spots near the eastern river mouth that leads into the swamp area just south of hard water cave.

There's also a great spot to build one directly north of hidden lake between the big hill where the explorer note is and the ice biome.

I have a marina and all I can say is good luck.

I've noticed that either side of Stonehenge has some pretty flat areas in the water, too. I think I'm personally going to go with there, or I'll build off the land somewhere near the easy water cave. I want easy access to that and it's a bit of a long journey from any of the places mentioned. Thanks for the help, though. Glad to know there's more than just a handful of spots. 

Archived