Defending our pillar base - how?

BremFM

Hello,

We play on a smalltribes server. We currently have a metal 5x5x4, with honeycombed walls (the actual inside is 3x3). We have 8 hatchframes on top of our base on which a total of about 25 turrets are placed. We do however have a lot of spare space on our pillar on two sides of the base. I was wondering if you guys have any tips to make a raider's life more difficult when we're offline? We are planning on doing the following things;

Plant plant x's.

Put dimorphidons in our honeycomb.

Put raptors in our honeycomb.

We have all turrets on targeting tamed & players, with varying ranges.

I was personally thinking about surrounding our base with metal pillars and then letting high levelled bred therizinosaurusses roam around our base. Those pillars would be to prevent people from taunting them off the pillar and causing them to fall down. Would this work? Does a therizinosaur fit in between 2 snapped pillars? 

Any help and or tips are appreciated!

Regards,

Bremfm

Your therezino can easely go out when your base is out of render range and somebody comes near your base and it starts rendering. 

I suggest spamming metal gates/foundations/billboards near you base so enemy will need to blow up them before they reach your turrets with "stego".

Also you need to reach 100 heavy/tek turrets limit. Place some turrets towers  on cliff platforms near you base for example (at some height)

You have to think of possible strategies your enemy could use. As you are built on a pillar, it is likely they try to use quetzals, possibly in combination with a soaker on the quetzals platform. Or a quetzal with a special base on its platform to get as close to your walls as possible to open a door, run out and place c4. Another strategy could be to climb up your pillar and do a classical flak run using high dura flak and beer to rush to your base and blow in. A new strat is to drop arthroplueras as they can destroy any type of structures now...

So i would recommend you build spikes on the sides of the pillar tomake it harder to climb up or hurt fliers that get near to the cliff to avoid turrets and get close to ur base that way. You should also consider building turret towers below and around the pillar and on top of it around your base (ideally the large hatchframes u put on them reach over the cliff a little bit so that the turrets u place on them can shoot down as well). It is always good to have turrets shooting from different angles, especially from below in your case. Combine them with plant x, to slow and blind (very useful against quetzals), maybe put random crop plots with plants on the cliffs of your pillar. Have most of your plants on target players and tames. The turrets should be on players only (very important) and players and ridden mounts, just a few on players and tames to shoot unridden tames. If you can, get tek turrets, and make sure you have heavy turrets, which are especially important to defend against flak runners. You can also use purlovias and bear traps against them (u can hide bear traps in foundations). Try to tame rock elementals to use in addition to turret towers, not sure how effective poison wyverns or reapers are for that role. Make sure you dont have any blind spots at your base and place turrets inside as well.

All this cant prevent an offline raid tho, it can just make it harder. So be prepared to log in to a destroyed base and secure your blueprints and some backup gear/weapons somewhere hidden. Pillar bases are always a pretty obvious and popular target.

Your idea with the theirs would work, but just have them on aggressive, not on wandering, for the reason blackmambam mentioned. They wont fit thru a one wide gap. You could even make the pillars u use to keep the theris inside into turret towers. Just make sure you dont have any junction boxes exposed, and hide ur cables if possible. If not, make a backup genny in the turret tower set to auto activate.

Hope this helps and is understandable, i just typed it quickly on my phone...

edit: i would use hyenas instead of raptors for the honeycomb.

Archived