Is Account Sharing Bannable?

Fangs Forever

Recently discovered one of my tribe mates shares his account with a person (which me and several other people do not like). Woke up the other morning with many dinos/kibble/tek gear all gone. My tribe mate was kicked at this point. He is saying his account was hacked, but I find it very odd that only my dinos were stolen and not his on other servers. 

Is account sharing a bannable offense? I know the Steam Family share is legal, but sharing with someone that you don't know in real life on the internet that used for malicious use? Is this bannable?

• Volunteer Moderator

This is against Steam Subscriber Agreement to share your password:

You may not reveal, share or otherwise allow others to use your password or Account except as otherwise specifically authorized by Valve.

This is something you should take to Steam Support if you have concerns about someone sharing his account info with someone else. As far as I know, Family Sharing is disabled for ARK so I don't think they did use that feature.

1) Are you on Official? If not, nothing is bannable. (Beside Battle eye bans) 

2) Are you on PvP official? If so, insiding is allowed. However, if you are on PvE Official, you could try to submit a ticket for insiding. 

3) Account sharing is not exactly banned by WC but it will not be takken into account if his account were to be used to infringe the CoC. Doesn't matter if it was "someone else", his account will be punished all the same. 

4) Valve do frown upon it but I've never heard of them issuing any kind of sanction to account sharing. 

11 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

This is against Steam Subscriber Agreement to share your password:

This is something you should take to Steam Support if you have concerns about someone sharing his account info with someone else. As far as I know, Family Sharing is disabled for ARK so I don't think they did use that feature.

I thought this was more to warn you against account theft rather than tell you they don't allow it?

Sort of like saying... "I'm warning you, don't do it, or it voids your warranty"

Archived