level Getting 150, feasible?

Paroxyde

Just to clarify things, I'm talking about getting to level 150 post extinction on PVE official servers as a player.

Right now, it's painfully hard to get past 131 as each level needs 10 million xp, which is equivalent to about 5 or 6 characters that you up from 1 to 100.

IF the xp needed stays the same until 150, we will need 190 million xp from level 131 or 203 million xp from level 1.

Some roughly estimated math put 190mil xp to 3 years and 2 months worth of sleeping time in tek sleeping pods if you only log on x2 (to get the x2 xp on all the time you spent sleeping, which means, something close to 5 years if you just sleep normally and feed dinos once every 2-3 days.

Then you would tell me : "But, Paro, you just have to use grinder/kill baby giga."

And to that I answer: "PvE is mostly capped, so, killing that amount of baby giga is just unthinkable. And I have a grinder hall with 26 grinders. It takes 5h on x2 with a level 1 to get to 100. Even if we round it up to 2mil xp per 100 level (which is not), you would still need about 20 days of constant grinding on x2 with broth and toilet. Which means at least 10 week-ends 48h straight of grinding. Doing it on x1 is just folly as you harvest less wood and you get less xp, making it not worth it."

And that's taking into consideration that they don't increase even more the xp needed per level!

So here is what I thought of. What if, triple ascended people, goes together on a server, make a tribe there, and each bring their own amount of grinders (at least 15) and wood farming dinos. And, hear me out, we all fill all of these bad boys up (which will deforest the server, but it's ok). Then all start grinding together giving each other shared xp?

The size of the thing is gonna be quite big, so we probably have to figure some architectural wonder to make it all work, so that we can refresh the grinders without worrying about losing shared xp.

What do you guys think? It would probably only take us a few sessions of those (depending on the number of people and grinders) to get us to 150 in no time. And while a groupe is not there, and outside of the grinding session time, they are free to use the grinders for personnal grinding, granted they fill the grinders themselves! They could even rent them.

Though we might risk crashing the server so, we will have to wait until a server save with all our character there to avoid loss then start grinding, but it's probably enough to just farm wood while waiting. It's probably gonne take more than 30-40 min to fill 15+ grinders each, especially if we have to travel far to get the wood.

"But, Why?" you might ask. Well, for no other reason than having a 150s on official in a more efficient way than grinding each on our own.

25 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Just to clarify things, I'm talking about getting to level 150 post extinction on PVE official servers as a player.

Right now, it's painfully hard to get past 131 as each level needs 10 million xp, which is equivalent to about 5 or 6 characters that you up from 1 to 100.

IF the xp needed stays the same until 150, we will need 190 million xp from level 131 or 203 million xp from level 1.

Some roughly estimated math put 190mil xp to 3 years and 2 months worth of sleeping time in tek sleeping pods if you only log on x2 (to get the x2 xp on all the time you spent sleeping, which means, something close to 5 years if you just sleep normally and feed dinos once every 2-3 days.

Then you would tell me : "But, Paro, you just have to use grinder/kill baby giga."

And to that I answer: "PvE is mostly capped, so, killing that amount of baby giga is just unthinkable. And I have a grinder hall with 26 grinders. It takes 5h on x2 with a level 1 to get to 100. Even if we round it up to 2mil xp per 100 level (which is not), you would still need about 20 days of constant grinding on x2 with broth and toilet. Which means at least 10 week-ends 48h straight of grinding. Doing it on x1 is just folly as you harvest less wood and you get less xp, making it not worth it."

And that's taking into consideration that they don't increase even more the xp needed per level!

So here is what I thought of. What if, triple ascended people, goes together on a server, make a tribe there, and each bring their own amount of grinders (at least 15) and wood farming dinos. And, hear me out, we all fill all of these bad boys up (which will deforest the server, but it's ok). Then all start grinding together giving each other shared xp?

The size of the thing is gonna be quite big, so we probably have to figure some architectural wonder to make it all work, so that we can refresh the grinders without worrying about losing shared xp.

What do you guys think? It would probably only take us a few sessions of those (depending on the number of people and grinders) to get us to 150 in no time. And while a groupe is not there, and outside of the grinding session time, they are free to use the grinders for personnal grinding, granted they fill the grinders themselves! They could even rent them.

Though we might risk crashing the server so, we will have to wait until a server save with all our character there to avoid loss then start grinding, but it's probably enough to just farm wood while waiting. It's probably gonne take more than 30-40 min to fill 15+ grinders each, especially if we have to travel far to get the wood.

"But, Why?" you might ask. Well, for no other reason than having a 150s on official in a more efficient way than grinding each on our own.

Why u need

150 level for pve

48 minutes ago, jpcab said:

Why u need

150 level for pve

In my personal ranking of reasons, starting from the most important :

-Braging rights

-More speed *swoosh*

-The satisfaction of being 150

-To be able to use "at least I'm 150" when you are losing arguments or find yourself wrong in global chat

-Being able to answer "me" when someone is looking for 150s dinos in global. 

-Rub it in the face of people not 150...

Well, all things considered, beside bragging rights and more stats, it's just personal satisfaction, which is one of the most sought after sensation while playing, isn't it? While it might seems rather pathetic to give ourself a pat on the back, it does feel rather nice and I quite enjoy it. 

10 minutes ago, Weiss said:

Wow, I was surprised how quickly my char gained levels from doing nothing, but two months for one level... Hm. Does sleeping pod+grinder have any effect? 

Only if you're online to gather the xp from both, if you're not online the grinder will do nothing for you and you'll only be getting the tek pod xp as usual

Archived