Why does eveyone seem to hate the diplodocus

Jerry25712

16 hours ago, leonmon said:

always push you and no damage ,looks like they want to fight with you but do not have that power lol ....

They dont intend on hurting us they are friendly and playful, I like going to the redwoods and letting wild ones push me because I like the noise they make when attacking

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jerry25712 said:

What the hell is flying pegomastax? also how are diplos and pegos annoying?

Icthyornis, otherwise none as the flying the pego. The bastards that steal your narcotic and fly around you dive bombing you. Pegos always steal your poop so they are annoying too. Diplos try pushing you and it's quite annoying when you are trying to tame or do something. Once tamed they aren't to bad though.

• 7 months later...

Resurrecting this older topic... personally I see a lot of potential in the diplo. First of all, they are fast and are basically a 'party bus' with so much seating. But aside from that novelty, I like the idea of a dino that can push other dinos away without doing damage. I'd like to try it out as a taming companion... have it pushing away a tame without damage, while also tranqing the tame. I'd also like to try them out with my velonasaurs in a defensive formation... having the diplo pushing an enemy back and keeping the enemy from closing on the velos, so the velos continue to use their ranged attacks.

Honestly I really like the model, the colors on them are amazing and the eating animation is a nice touch. But I simply can't justify taming an animal that size that cannot defend itself, it's just too much of a hassle for too little reward. They are also quite aggravating out in the wild, I make sure to kill any that are around me when taming to mitigate problems later on. In fairness I've had animals get stuck in terrain a few times and kiting a wild diplo over to them has successfully popped them out more than once. But that's an extremely niche, unintended use of their mechanics, not really an actual utility for it as a design. They just don't really have a use for solo/small tribe players.

Now, if they had a secondary tail whip attack that acted like a whip, that would be something...

An interesting idea but some dinos recover from knock back WAY faster than others. I've lost many a perfect kibble tame because I spotted a terror bird too late and it makes a beeline for the tame and the wing flap on the wyvern couldn't keep up. I've never tamed a diplo tbh but I'm assuming the nuzzle is around the same speed as the wing flap.

It might work for taming if you have 2 people but I guess it just depends on what you're taming really. Still think 10 people riding around on that thing shooting off fireworks is the best use for it though.

2 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Resurrecting this older topic... personally I see a lot of potential in the diplo. First of all, they are fast and are basically a 'party bus' with so much seating. But aside from that novelty, I like the idea of a dino that can push other dinos away without doing damage. I'd like to try it out as a taming companion... have it pushing away a tame without damage, while also tranqing the tame. I'd also like to try them out with my velonasaurs in a defensive formation... having the diplo pushing an enemy back and keeping the enemy from closing on the velos, so the velos continue to use their ranged attacks.

Wyverns are great for this. We used to trap paracers with 2 wyverns, wing flap it to a corner / rock and then just park infront, hop off and shoot. Voila.

I've been pushed into my own spike walls and walloped down a hill from a diplo before, but they're no where near the level of annoying compared to the pego / itchy / raptor. Always good for a sauropod vertebrae and some prime. 

Also a tamed one with tribe mates armed with longnecks on the side is fun for a change of pace. 

10 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Personally, i use them as either quick material transport, or as biological storage units that are easy to obtain. They certainly have uses outside of battle, if you can get a bit unorthodox. 

• 4 months later...

diplos need 4 things, health, weight, stam and speed. 

They can carry a large number of passengers, the weight is the only limit.

They are meant to be large troop transports, we commonly call them school buses, speed is a must so they can outrun most things that may attack.

Health is needed just incase there is something it can't run away from or while your waiting for their stam to recover.

I think health is the lowest priority on them though, as passengers can help defend them, every passenger and use their weapon.

Taming diplo's, diplo's interfering with your tame... meh,  kill em' on foot or tame them its pretty easy.

There is a spot you can stand between their two front legs where the diplo can not hit you, it'll just stand there and continously do its head butt attack, never striking, this works great for taming sense they are a passive tame and you can just stand there watching them use up their food and tame away.  Same goes for if you want to kill them on foot, you just find that sweet spot, and stand there, shoot them, hack them, pike them, punch them, they'll just keep doing their headbutt and your safe, till they start running away.

we have a few tamed, the first one got tamed cause it was anoying me while i was attempting to tame another critter. The others just for the fun of it.  They can be fun to run around on and explore, most medium dino's will leave you alone on it, great dino if your all going to head off to a cave, just get everyone on the diplo, head to the cave, uncryo your cave dino's and head in, once done, everyone hops back on and you head to the next cave or home :)  keeps the whole group together, very helpful if going with mutliple tribes :D (public seating)

On 9/2/2018 at 1:11 PM, Jerry25712 said:

I have been reading through some old posts and for some reason you all hate the diplodocus, they are my favourite dino by far and I would never harm one because of the noise they make when attacking, its hilarious. what do people have against these innocent creatures, one person said they must all die and I was trying to think of a reason this dopey thing deservse to die.

can you tell me why you hate them?

Because they are simply useless to me. I hate their lookin too. Sry diplo... 

Archived