Boss Dino Question - Leveling

Daebak

2 minutes ago, Daebak said:

What's the best way to level boss dinos just raised on island?

I've also heard killing baby dinos near other dinos can level them. Is this true and does it work on PVE?

Lystrosaurus + Grinder is one of the best ways on PvE, if you aren't just going around killing Wilds.

Have a tribe mate run the grinder and stay nearby, turn on the Lystro and you ride the dino(s) you want to levell. They'll get insane XP.

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, Daebak said:

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Any idea about killing hatch dinos for xp? Heard you can claim and then kill for xp. Guess this would also be shared xp if it works?

Only works on PvP when you kill unclaimed dinos, so not possible on PvE because you can’t damage a dino that’s not your own unless it’s wild. Unclaimed dinos are still technically tamed.

7 hours ago, Daebak said:

What's the best way to level boss dinos just raised on island?

I've also heard killing baby dinos near other dinos can level them. Is this true and does it work on PVE?

You'll need a giga and tribe mates for this but titan killing gives crazy xp. Giga doesn't have to be that high level, just walk in front of titan, it won't be able to hit you but you can hit its head. Have tribe mates on dinos you wanted leveled near by and bobs your uncle.

3 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

Killing your own dinos gives xp. Works fine in PvE, you just need a tribe mate. 

No you cant damage dinos with other dinos on PvE. Sure with a player you can kill them, OP is talking about solo and Rone is talking about killing baby or unclaimed dinos with a dino on PVP to level them solo.

Lots of methods work with tribe mates..

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

No you cant damage dinos with other dinos on PvE. Sure with a player you can kill them, OP is talking about solo and Rone is talking about killing baby or unclaimed dinos with a dino on PVP to level them solo.

Lots of methods work with tribe mates..

If you can ride it while using weapons, it works fine. 

If you want you could build a little base out of behemoths on a scorched server,in the desert,in the top left corner of the map,like 2 behes on each side where you can store your rexes and then go out and hunt for some dws,you can level your rexes pretty fast with this method,then transfer the leveled ones back to island and grab new ones. It could get boring after a while if you don’t like grinding,but I do this way. With 80-90 saddles. Leveled my spinos there too with 124 saddles. I don’t know what blueprint do you have for your boss dinos,but if you’re doing it with a tribemate or two it’s way faster and you don’t have to have decent saddles,you can do it with slightly worse ones. Maybe alone too,but I didn’t try that yet.

12 minutes ago, lacuus said:

If you want you could build a little base out of behemoths on a scorched server,in the desert,in the top left corner of the map,like 2 behes on each side where you can store your rexes and then go out and hunt for some dws,you can level your rexes pretty fast with this method,then transfer the leveled ones back to island and grab new ones. It could get boring after a while if you don’t like grinding,but I do this way. With 80-90 saddles. Leveled my spinos there too with 124 saddles. I don’t know what blueprint do you have for your boss dinos,but if you’re doing it with a tribemate or two it’s way faster and you don’t have to have decent saddles,you can do it with slightly worse ones. Maybe alone too,but I didn’t try that yet.

Your 124 should be 120 by now. :Jerbhi:

I kind of dislike this cap thinggy... 

On 9/3/2018 at 5:56 PM, lacuus said:

Thank you for the suggestion. My rex saddles are 86 armor with a few asc ones around 92-95 armor. I'll probably spend this week farming metal and seeing about getting craft bonus on all 19 saddles to hopefully get about +30 armor from my current bp. With current amount of xp, my rexes have 28k hp and around 700 dmg. These 19 rexes with 1 yuty, I managed to kill medium brood. Ending stats should be 33k hp with 1k dmg. Unfortunately, my island server was tame capped a few times recently. Little worried if I transfer them off to SE, I may not be able to easily bring them back. The thought of DW did cross my mind previously, but the tame cap lingering around has me thinking more than twice about it. I will see about the tribemate method with the grinder.

Thank you all.

Off topic, since I beat brood, I feel like I can beat the monkey since I heard brood hits harder. Any thoughts on dragon with my above stats? I feel like i should be able to at least beat easy dragon. I don't feel confident about medium at least until I get all the rexes max leveled and crafting bonus saddles.

Does this sound about right or am I way off?

FYI: Medium brood was my first boss so far on official. I tried some on single player but difficulty setting was default.

20 hours ago, Daebak said:

Off topic, since I beat brood, I feel like I can beat the monkey since I heard brood hits harder. Any thoughts on dragon with my above stats? I feel like i should be able to at least beat easy dragon. I don't feel confident about medium at least until I get all the rexes max leveled and crafting bonus saddles.

Does this sound about right or am I way off?

FYI: Medium brood was my first boss so far on official. I tried some on single player but difficulty setting was default.

If you are doing it just for the engram, you are better off doing it on Ragnarok. Dragon on island will absolutely wipe you. While on Ragnarok, you can kill it in the first three minutes of the fight. 

3 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

If you are doing it just for the engram, you are better off doing it on Ragnarok. Dragon on island will absolutely wipe you. While on Ragnarok, you can kill it in the first three minutes of the fight. 

What are the differences with the Dragon on Ragnarok? I thought fighting two boss at once is worse. I wish I could take them to Ragnarok but those servers are always capped. My only hope is trying to get through on island unless there is someone that could run my character through on Ragnarok with their dinos to avoid the cap problem.

9 minutes ago, Daebak said:

What are the differences with the Dragon on Ragnarok? I thought fighting two boss at once is worse. I wish I could take them to Ragnarok but those servers are always capped. My only hope is trying to get through on island unless there is someone that could run my character through on Ragnarok with their dinos to avoid the cap problem.

You can easily do medium maybe even alpha monkey with those rexs and saddles, as to dragon .. its a lot harder.

9 hours ago, Daebak said:

While I might be exagerating a bit, but... Alpha Ragnarok dragon is about 1/5th of the power of Gamma island dragon... So, if you fight 5 Alpha Ragnarok Dragons at the same time, it would feel like fighting one Gamma Island Dragon. Island Dragon is one of the few Boss where you absolutely need a bunch of other players or have stats insanely high, estimated to 2.5k melee Rexes with 25k hp and 100+ saddles, While Alpha Ragnarok needs about the same as Alpha Broodmother (1k melee 25k hp 100+saddles), but you need to learn how to whisle and move around proprely by watching a few videos to not get your Rex stuck by Rock golem, but it's faily doable solo (if Manticore doesn't bug out and don't want to land, in wich case, bringing more people with guns to shoot it might be needed).

12 hours ago, Daebak said:

2 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

While I might be exagerating a bit, but... Alpha Ragnarok dragon is about 1/5th of the power of Gamma island dragon... So, if you fight 5 Alpha Ragnarok Dragons at the same time, it would feel like fighting one Gamma Island Dragon.

Not exactly correct.

The reason why Dragon is easier on Ragnarok is because it deals 3 times less direct damage (fire dot is still as strong as ever) and takes 3x damage from all sources (yes, as in old singleplayer settings), Manticore has stock settings. Same with Broodmother on The Center - it is way weaker than island counterpart while Megapithecus packs the punch. I guess it is a shared gimmick for paired bosses to make them bearable/beatable.

Archived