*Selling in game items* Is it allowed?

dstarr

Throughout my time playing ARK I have been on MANY unofficial servers where the owners actually have websites for that server where players can buy dinos, items, blueprints, resources, and etc. Yet once you join an official server many say it against the rules to sell dinos from player to player. Yet what's the reason for that? I don't see how it could cause any harm for the game. If anything it could be positive.

Allowing people to play more, spend money causing them to want to invest more time and buy more expansions! If it's allowed by server owners on unofficial why is it not allowed on official? It's the players own choice to spend money in return for another persons service. They aren't purchasing a digital item, they're purchasing the time and service of taming/breeding a dino for them. If anyone can achieve that item for FREE you are only paying for the service of another player collecting it for you.

Hoping to see if this is allowed. Also added in my honest opinion of it :) If Joe wants to buy/sell items why not! It doesn't affect anyone else. Not everyone has the time to tame a giga for hours on end. So why not be able to pay another player for the service instead!

I don't think real money transactions can be stopped by WC since they cannot stop meshing or lose of character or respond to support tickets in a timely manner.

Also, there are plenty of not in-game means of communication to conduct business that would be completely out of WC's control or knowledge.

• Volunteer Moderator

As stated in the Code of Conduct, RMT is not allowed on officials servers and will result into a ban of the accounts involved. Unofficial server owners are free to monetize their servers how they want and Wildcard are free to set the rules they see fit on the servers they are hosting. Locking as I consider the title of the thread to be answered.

Archived