Baby reapers and karkinos!

Dime

So I have raised 6 reapers. No issues with anything at all, but the past two have burrowed under ground during the transition for baby-juvi! 

Obviously nothing can be done about that so I let them die. 

My question is has anyone picked up a baby reaper with a crab with the left claw (never drops in left claw) during the 8 hour baby phase? 

Its pretty disappointing losing a 225 reaper that way. And if holding it with a crab is a option I’d like to do it. Just would like some feedback from others that have done it or tried it.

19 hours ago, Dime said:

So I have raised 6 reapers. No issues with anything at all, but the past two have burrowed under ground during the transition for baby-juvi! 

Obviously nothing can be done about that so I let them die. 

My question is has anyone picked up a baby reaper with a crab with the left claw (never drops in left claw) during the 8 hour baby phase? 

Its pretty disappointing losing a 225 reaper that way. And if holding it with a crab is a option I’d like to do it. Just would like some feedback from others that have done it or tried it.

Keep in mind, dinos held in claws when out of render can sometimes disappear.

Reaper baby sometimes go throught walls when  nobody is in render range of your structures and then come render your base.

If you have tek sleeping pod, place one near baby and sleep in it without closing ark.

Another method : overweight youself before giving birth with raw meat and some stone, to gain 1000 weight. So when baby come and kill you it can not move at all. 

On 9/4/2018 at 1:07 AM, BlackMambaM said:

Reaper baby sometimes go throught walls when  nobody is in render range of your structures and then come render your base.

If you have tek sleeping pod, place one near baby and sleep in it without closing ark.

Another method : overweight youself before giving birth with raw meat and some stone, to gain 1000 weight. So when baby come and kill you it can not move at all. 

Sometimes this happens when the area locking the baby reaper king are "force rendered" (rendering when it is trying to move within seconds before area can be fully rendered or at least the structures locking it). So far I haven't see this issue happened in the tribe I am in.

On 9/3/2018 at 1:07 PM, BlackMambaM said:

Sorry for the late response but I always have it come out of me before bed. I usually fill my inventory with meat and let it kill me. I’ve never thought about filling myself with stone. 

But I lay in a normal bed. If you fill your food and water full( I have 120 water/food) you can stay there for 16 hours with out any issue. 

I just want to eliminate the whole reaper going into structures or into the ground. I had a full red 150 and I lost it bc of that. 

23 hours ago, Dime said:

Sorry for the late response but I always have it come out of me before bed. I usually fill my inventory with meat and let it kill me. I’ve never thought about filling myself with stone. 

But I lay in a normal bed. If you fill your food and water full( I have 120 water/food) you can stay there for 16 hours with out any issue. 

I just want to eliminate the whole reaper going into structures or into the ground. I had a full red 150 and I lost it bc of that. 

If you had killed Gamma Rockwell and you have the other neccessary tekgram to power the Sleeping Pod, you won't need to fill up before sleeping on bed; the pod does it for you instead (and you still earn some exp for yourself whilst waiting for it to grow up)
Possible to put screenshot of the building? I want to see your setup if possible.
Also might wanna emphasis on knowing how long it take for baby to reach juvenile for Reaper King, then you can get on within minutes before it reaches that maturity stage.

Easiest way I raise reaper babies is to birth it in a box with a small room and let the pheromone wear off while you have 2k meat in your inventory and then use stone or metal ore to overencumber it and then pick it up with a claw for the 8 hours and then move it by a tek trough. Easiest babies to raise on ab now that I know these tricks, getting preggers is the hard part now

• 2 weeks later...

My full red reaper glitched a few days ago, at first thinking it had somehow escaped the box (the 2nd reaper, which was still a larvae, did somehow manage to escape and was running around base lol), but after looking around the box, I found my reaper... underground, completely invisible. I was able to access its inventory, imprint it,  etc, but it visibly wasn't there. Crab worked beautifully to grab it through the mesh basically, but yeah thats a thing I'm hearing constantly now about these things glitching from baby to juvi stage. 

That stone trick is super smart, never even though about that... given that if I ever experience that glitch again, at least it can't walk around while under the mesh lol. But yeah, if you guys notice your reaper has just vanished, break your floor, its mostly likely under the ground mesh and can be retrieved with a crab. 

Arya?! Are you on server 268? Anyway, crazy thing, I have raised them in the second story of my house. They don't even fall through the floor, but are literally just invisible. Even when I went down to the first floor of my house and looked up, I couldn't see it. But still, the solution is the same, karkinos for the win. :)

On 9/17/2018 at 11:20 AM, BruthaJamez said:

Arya?! Are you on server 268? Anyway, crazy thing, I have raised them in the second story of my house. They don't even fall through the floor, but are literally just invisible. Even when I went down to the first floor of my house and looked up, I couldn't see it. But still, the solution is the same, karkinos for the win. :)

Yeah I was literally almost in tears thinking mine had fallen through world but nope, just invisible lmao. And hi there! Yeah, I'm on 268 but now it's experiencing all these ping issues that will most likely never be fixed lol. 

Who dis be btw o.o 

Archived