Favorite dinos

Nacksnack

Wyvern: good attack, fast flyer, decent weight for materials runs.

Sheep: mutton has made taming carnivores without kibble MUCH quicker, fun to ride around on.

Sloth: An unexpected favorite. My sloth got me to lvl 100 from 95 very quickly. Gets INSANE amounts of chitin and can harvest just about anything. It's pretty tanky as well.

6 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

BTW: Drakes, Wyverns and mammals aren't dinosaurs! Even the Tapejara isn't one either, it's a pterosaur. :D

Tbh for a long time on Ark, the word 'dino' has been used to describe more than just dinos. Just another word for 'tame'. If we were to say dinosaur on the other hand, thats a different story.

Favourite dinos are thylo, rock drake and wyverns.

8 hours ago, DomiDarko said:

BTW: Drakes, Wyverns and mammals aren't dinosaurs! Even the Tapejara isn't one either, it's a pterosaur. :D

"Pterosaurs are often referred to in the popular media and by the general public as "flying dinosaurs" ... The term "dinosaur" is restricted to just those reptiles descended from the last common ancestor of the groups Saurischia and Ornithischia (clade Dinosauria, which includes birds), and current scientific consensus is that this group excludes the pterosaurs, as well as the various groups of extinct marine reptiles, such as ichthyosaurs, plesiosaurs, and mosasaurs."

- "Origin and Relationships of Dinosauria"

NEAT! i learned something XD Dinosauria is a pretty exclusive Claude lol

Quetz: the shear of weight and the ability to make it a flying fortress is a great deal

Baryonyx: the versatility of this creature, being able to walk and swim without needing oxygen, coupled with its speed and ability to jump makes this the perfect scouting mount.

tapejara: 2 passengers plus ability to move in all directions makes this a great strafing flyer

8 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Tbh for a long time on Ark, the word 'dino' has been used to describe more than just dinos. Just another word for 'tame'. If we were to say dinosaur on the other hand, thats a different story.

Favourite dinos are thylo, rock drake and wyverns.

Just like somone on an MMORPG calls any enemy npc (or group of npcs) a 'Mob' 

My favorite these days are Bears, Spinos (yay TLC!) and Megalosaurus. 

While there are more useful dino's I guess I have to go with what I raise the most.

Quetzal: Give it some TLC Wildcard. It's criminally underrated and underappreciated since the Argy TLC.

Yuty: Dumbest kibble ever but so key in boss fights anymore. I wish their attacking speed was greater as I'd love to do an all Yuty boss fight. Knockout this many torpor reducers Manticore!!!

Argy: Such a versatile mount and the TLC made them look even more graceful and epic. Beautiful creature.

Direbear , my second carnivore to tame when starting fresh is always a direbear. It's fast, can carry a lot of weight, and can gather meat/berries, and also fibers, so it's an ALL-in-one dino.

Pteranodon, ptera is always my first carnivore to tame, so I always feel a ptera as my 1st mate, literally. After i have a big base, it will be used for transport around the base.

Dunkleosteus, because I like farming obsidian/crystals/metal underwater.

Archived