Kill all Legacy Servers

RenobandStit

I wanted to start a topic where the primary focus is as the title suggests,  I want the legacy servers terminated.  I play on Xbox one with my buddies and one of them refuses to cut the cord and move on from the legacy servers,  I know its hard to let go of the time and effort put in but its like a band aid just rip it off and start fresh.  I have loved moving to the official servers and starting over and man have me and the rest of the tribe just done very well.  I know Wild Card is doing great migrations but I think it would be better to just stop letting these servers leech the opportunities of the official servers to get new servers, to get experienced players that can help progress other survivors.  Come on lets just push for an extinction of the legacy servers.

Unfortunately most the people on xbox legacy servers have tried to move to official but between all the scubs meshing bases, the fact that ddos is still a common thing and with a high majority of servers are owned by megas who will wipe any small tribes that they find we dont see the point in heading to official. Worse thing about this is wildcards latest migration they have actually cut a handful of the most busiest servers. For example rag 3 has 7 tribes built up their who are active everyday. Some days pop is around 26  players, when its quiet it gets down to 5. I been checking out the official servers and Some of the official servers are less used then ours so why should we loose everything? With wildcard straight out LIEING and expecting us to just take it on the chin and move to official alot of us unfortunately will be done with ark once our servers are gone. 

Guest DJRone89
39 minutes ago, SirBuddha said:

Unfortunately most the people on xbox legacy servers have tried to move to official but between all the scubs meshing bases, the fact that ddos is still a common thing and with a high majority of servers are owned by megas who will wipe any small tribes that they find we dont see the point in heading to official. Worse thing about this is wildcards latest migration they have actually cut a handful of the most busiest servers. For example rag 3 has 7 tribes built up their who are active everyday. Some days pop is around 26  players, when its quiet it gets down to 5. I been checking out the official servers and Some of the official servers are less used then ours so why should we loose everything? With wildcard straight out LIEING and expecting us to just take it on the chin and move to official alot of us unfortunately will be done with ark once our servers are gone. 

It’s been over a year since the new official cluster came out, why did you stay for so long?

Why do so many legacy players feel hard done by when their servers come up for wipe selection?

Why did so many legacy players not think that Wilcard would inevitably wipe all of the servers over time?

How many great migrations must there be for people to get the picture?

Most have gone over to official and i didnt enjoy it at all, why would i wanna go from my legacy server that i had spent months on grinding out and also defending to go and either get my arse kicked by a mega or be pushed in to joining one.  The whole idea of the new official servers was to improve the game, unfortunately all its done is help kill a game that could one of the best games ever made but wildcard kept ignoring its players and droping the ball. 

This topic has been discussed over and over again.

From a pve perspective: I'm happy on my legacy server and there's no reason for me to switch to tame capped and pillared servers where I don't have anything and don't know anyone.

I've been playing on these "dying" servers for another year now, that's pretty great. No tame cap, except sometimes on rag, hardly any pillar problems, and from what I read on the forum before it gets deleted  the support on "new" servers is compareable to the one on legacy. 

I don't plan on playing ark for the rest of my life, so when it's over I'll either switch to another game or keep playing the save files for a while, but I will not start on the "new" servers. I've seen most of the game, starting new isn't worth my time (at least on official rates).

The legacy/new servers were handled poorly by wc anyway. Killing legacy off altogether would be another broken promise.

At first pve servers weren't even up for discussion to become legacy when the announcement was posted, but shortly after I read it and was happy we had nothing to fear, it was already changed to include pve servers. No support either. The first migration was a mess - I'm not entirely sure on the numbers, but I think there was a 5 day warning instead of the promised 1 or three months, and they also included the upload timer that didn't exist before.

OP wants all legacy servers closed because of one single person that won't follow him to another server, that is the dumbest reason I've seen so far. Let that person be if (s)he is happy! Usually people demand them to be closed in favor of more new servers for everyone, which is understandeable. 

Anyway, the problem is not the existance of legacy servers, but the lack of "new" servers. Imagine all legacy server are closed - and the "new" servers are still capped. What now? How about closing low populated (capped and no land to build, almost no one online because of this) "new" servers every three months?

Are more "new" servers really needed, or just better support in case of land claiming and dino hoarding?

How many people are actively playing at a time on the "new" servers? On my legacies it's 10-25 depending on map (SE, island < aberration < rag), only rag gets tame capped during events sometimes. Do the "new" servers have much more players online at the same time? 

Idk about the costs, but 70 slots seems a lot (for pve anyway), wouldn't it be cheaper to pay for less slots and open new servers with the money saved from that? Just cut down on all servers, or if there are more players on the new servers, only cut down slots on legacy.

I don't even understand why since release tame cap suddenly became a problem, when it was never one before release (again... Except rag).

There's nothing I would gain if I left legacy for "new" servers, is there?

If people are unhappy on the "new" servers, why do they want players who are happy on the old servers to become unhappy too? If it's so bad, why don't they leave the "new" official servers?

Edit: off-topic, but why is "pve" always underlined, I didn't do it :/

Why are legacy players still waiting( it is going to suck even more when they remove all your things anyway), i had a tribe tame capped out, took 3 hours to feed all of those things i basically had everything+. 

Once i heard about this i just said you know what feeding for 3 hours to not even game was not fun at all, just didn't log in anymore, luckily it was when the tames would timeout and be erased so nobody could get them. (perfect timing or planned?) 

I am so glad i did that, granted this fake cap is annoying, but this is what we got.

If they removed all legacy maybe they will launch brand spanking new servers (which they probably will) when extinction comes out, the name could also mean legacy termination, as it should since that would be extra work for them and the game has no more new expansions coming out.

The rage will be real... but its been how many years?

Your choice its still coming, like the irl game over.

7 hours ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

Why are legacy players still waiting( it is going to suck even more when they remove all your things anyway), i had a tribe tame capped out, took 3 hours to feed all of those things i basically had everything+. 

Once i heard about this i just said you know what feeding for 3 hours to not even game was not fun at all, just didn't log in anymore, luckily it was when the tames would timeout and be erased so nobody could get them. (perfect timing or planned?) 

I am so glad i did that, granted this fake cap is annoying, but this is what we got.

If they removed all legacy maybe they will launch brand spanking new servers (which they probably will) when extinction comes out, the name could also mean legacy termination, as it should since that would be extra work for them and the game has no more new expansions coming out.

The rage will be real... but its been how many years?

Your choice its still coming, like the irl game over.

Are you hand feeding every single dino or something? Because i can feed that many dinos in about 20 minutes.

5 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

Are you hand feeding every single dino or something? Because i can feed that many dinos in about 20 minutes.

No i cooked meat and had to berry run for about 3 locations.  For the future i'd love to hear what you do? i think this was when 2x and such was not much of a thing and only happen sometimes not every week-ish like now.  ty for response.

Archived