Manticore Is Still Problematic

Hakush

In the last month we have lost 38 rexes, back to back due to Manticore not landing and timer expiring. How is such a fundamental problem, reported for ages now not fixed? You could at least bring back the band-aid tactic which you fixed (without fixing the boss encounter) by allowing people to block/box in the manticore so it couldn't move instead of letting people lose 20+ dinos and then not get any support for an issue that happened on your end, not the players. It doesn't make any sense that there is such fundamental flaws in the game and your support can't even compensate for 90% of the problems that occur.

Yeah I have to admit, Manticore is a bitch with the timer and not landing, we lost our last fight due to it not landing. The last time we completed it I remember it was 11 seconds left, it wouldn't land, my tribemate unmounts off his rex, grabs his shotgun, then POW, kills it in one shot, we were incredibly lucky haha.

37 minutes ago, jpcab said:

I do hard boss on rag countless times with no problems most of the times. .eventually some individual dino or player dies but nothing more than that

On Ragarok Manticore has a smaller health pool and you also have 35 minutes to complete the encounter. A completely different experience and not comparable to SE at all.

57 minutes ago, jpcab said:

No need to shoot it can help but no need. 

And if u kill it on air does not give ele on rag

Since Extinction Chronicles I flyers are even more messed up in manticore than they were before that. Even with them trying to land, we were able to complete the fight with well over 5 min left on alpha without shooting or anything. First fight after EC I, we lost all our Wyverns to timeout, doing the fight the same exact way we did it dozens of times before. They would land even more often and not use their special attack even upon whistling them to attack (at least that made them use it before). We did some testing and it turned out that whistling "attack THIS target" now sets them to "attack MY target" instead more often than not. To counter this, you will have to attack Manticore directly by either shooting it or having them follow one player who's riding a Wyvern and attacking Manticore themselves too.

We've had the problem with Manticore the last 3 fights we've done on Rag. Fight 1 we killed it in air to save tames, fight 2 was a solo escapade and I lost everything, frustrating since Dragon went down in 5 minutes, fight 3 it was under 4 minutes left in fight when we ended it. We started shooting it in air much sooner that time. 2 months ago we could end the fight in 7 to 15 minutes. I don't mind a challenge but WC's idea of challenge is to leave broken mechanics in the game at this point, updates changing dino settings leaving them vulnerable to attack, dino's glitching in base to kill passive tames, Manticore not landing properly forcing our hand to kill it in the air and the game stealing our earned reward. Here's the solo run. Shooting earlier I probably could of beat it but still ridiculous the limited chance you get to use these dino's you put so much effort into raising, mutating relevant stats, and leveling for this encounter and since a dino has to get the kill to receive the element they are indeed a necessity.

On 8/31/2018 at 9:26 PM, yekrucifixion187 said:

We've had the problem with Manticore the last 3 fights we've done on Rag. Fight 1 we killed it in air to save tames, fight 2 was a solo escapade and I lost everything, frustrating since Dragon went down in 5 minutes, fight 3 it was under 4 minutes left in fight when we ended it. We started shooting it in air much sooner that time. 2 months ago we could end the fight in 7 to 15 minutes. I don't mind a challenge but WC's idea of challenge is to leave broken mechanics in the game at this point, updates changing dino settings leaving them vulnerable to attack, dino's glitching in base to kill passive tames, Manticore not landing properly forcing our hand to kill it in the air and the game stealing our earned reward. Here's the solo run. Shooting earlier I probably could of beat it but still ridiculous the limited chance you get to use these dino's you put so much effort into raising, mutating relevant stats, and leveling for this encounter and since a dino has to get the kill to receive the element they are indeed a necessity.

We lost 38 rexes, 3 yutys and 19 argies yesterday on scorched to manticore. Had 3 successful alpha runs (last run we won with 42 seconds left because we shot it to death) prior to losing back to back to back. 

Tried beta with the argies just to see if it would even work. 10k HP and 750-1000 melee (Official Ps4 PVE). We got it down to under a 1/4 HP, but the argies hit torpor and stopped fighting. 

Next two runs were normal - rexes with 950-1000 melee and 20k HP and 100+ saddles with a yuty. It just didn’t land and we couldn’t shoot it quick enough with just two of us in the arena. 

I really wish this would get fixed or Wildcard would tell us what the hell strategy to use. Because right now it’s broken. I’d love to see the manticore KO every rex and we lose. Or even kill them. Whatever. But to lose because the programming is more useless than a plant Y BP is stupid. 

Yeah just lightning wyvs, 13k health and 500ish melee, a rex for mob control and a yuty for buffing, have all the lightning’s follow something and whistle attack target every time they start landing and bugging out.  We used 140-160 eggs, 12-13 out of the 16-17 that ended up hatching got there stats up to where we wanted them

Archived