Jellyfish are too op

Jerry25712

You did have it on neutral right? Im pretty sure the paralyzed debuff has a cooldown and once its over the mosa should kill the jellies.

But it is kinda silly it affects somthing the size of a mosa. I pretty much use nothing but basilios for underwater play anymore because nothing can stun me and tusos cant grab me and push me out the mesh Insta killing it.

3 hours ago, Jerry25712 said:

So today I got a moasasaur and was happily slithering along the ocean floor when, I saw some jellyfish and went to kill them. but instead they paralyse my mosa and then plesiosaur comes over and attacks my mosa while its defenceless and kills it.

Can someone explain how a jellyfish stops a mosasaur?

Let me ask you this. Would you give someone that has never driven a car before keys to a Ferrari or would you instead have them do some practice laps in a little Civic? 

Why did you bother taming a Moasasaur if you don't even know the basics of how ARK works and in particular how the ocean works? I sincerely hope your not playing on an Official PVP server because you'll be eaten alive my friend with that kind of poor logic.

4 hours ago, Jerry25712 said:

Can someone explain how a jellyfish stops a mosasaur?

Because that's how the game works. I know that sounds sarcastic, but honestly I'm not trying to pick on you or make you feel bad. The bottom line is that every creature has strengths and weaknesses.

The mosa has a strong attack with a decent AOE range, so you can use them to fight cnidaria as long as you're careful, you can't just assume that it's invulnerable because it's big and strong. Mosa's can also be vulnerable to megalodon's because they have a good turning radius.

The bottom line is that you have to know the strengths and weaknesses of the animals you tame, even apex predators can be killed.

Can I just say I hate jellyfish with a passion! They have stunned my tribemate's megladon, and then plesi and killed them both after killing him each time. I hop on a squid just a few months back, get zapped by them, totally paralyzed, i hop off my tuso, die, fly back to it, and i see the tuso is wondering off in the deep blue all by itself, thankfully a friend of mine found it and brought it back to base. But let me just say how much I hate jellies..

14 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

You did have it on neutral right? Im pretty sure the paralyzed debuff has a cooldown and once its over the mosa should kill the jellies.

But it is kinda silly it affects somthing the size of a mosa. I pretty much use nothing but basilios for underwater play anymore because nothing can stun me and tusos cant grab me and push me out the mesh Insta killing it.

no I was riding it, I have never seen a jellyfish attack mounts before

11 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Let me ask you this. Would you give someone that has never driven a car before keys to a Ferrari or would you instead have them do some practice laps in a little Civic? 

Why did you bother taming a Moasasaur if you don't even know the basics of how ARK works and in particular how the ocean works? I sincerely hope your not playing on an Official PVP server because you'll be eaten alive my friend with that kind of poor logic.

I tamed it because I already have the tuso and plesiosaur, also I play in singleplayer and my goal is to tame everything

11 hours ago, Spyer231 said:

Can I just say I hate jellyfish with a passion! They have stunned my tribemate's megladon, and then plesi and killed them both after killing him each time. I hop on a squid just a few months back, get zapped by them, totally paralyzed, i hop off my tuso, die, fly back to it, and i see the tuso is wondering off in the deep blue all by itself, thankfully a friend of mine found it and brought it back to base. But let me just say how much I hate jellies..

They can't paralyze tuso.

4 hours ago, Jacira said:

Jellyfish are practically the only OP thing left, please do NOT nerf. this game's wild dino AI has been nerfed to an atrocious level.

I agree

Was accosted by a rex the other day

Managed to spear a lvl 130 to death

I just walked around and stabbed it (dark souls skills)

It barely even attacked me, I got hit maybe twice

Now I play on lvl 300 dino servers

Archived