Permanently Turn Off HUD

Morrowest

I was wondering if there is a way that I'm missing to permanently turn off the HUD.  I turn it off for immersion purposes, but every time I die or load the game up, the HUD turns back on and I have to turn it off again.  It wasn't an issue the first 100 times or so, but you know how the little things add up?  Just a quality of life thing.  I wish there was a setting that remembered the HUD on/off preference and kept it, even after exiting the game and reloading, but especially after each death in game.  

Sorry, I should have specified that.  I'm playing on PC single player.  I never dared to go without the HUD on multiplayer.  lol.  

Thank you for your suggestion!  Yeah, I have "ServerForceNoHud=true" in my ...\Saved\Config\... folder (and also I tried adding it to the default GUS.ini, but that didn't work either).  And there is a check box in the in-game single player settings, that i thought would be the same setting, that I checked.   I'm not sure the intended behavior of the "Force No Hud" setting, but I would expect it to cause the HUD to always be off, and that's not the case in my experience.

Sorry, I should have made my initial post more clear.  As you can tell, I haven't really posted on forums much.  Yeah, I have been pressing tab, which is fine for the occasional screenshot, or even the first couple hundred deaths, etc.  But when playing without the HUD for immersion purposes (which is pretty tough to get used to at first, leading to my many deaths...but a really fun challenge!), it gets old after awhile having to turn it off every time after I die.  And the Force No Hud option in the Single Player settings must have been put there for a reason (without needing to use command lines), but I can't figure out what exactly it does.  I'm guessing not a lot of people play this way, because there hasn't really been any info online, and I've googled everything I could think of.  Maybe a Dev will see this and check it out.  

Does anyone else see the same behavior I am seeing?  

I NEED TO KNOW YOUR SECRET!  haha.  Mine doesn't stay off after relog.  So there may be something else up with my settings causing it to behave that way.  Hmmm.

My gamma setting also doesn't stay after relog.  But that doesn't bother me as much.  I figured I would mention that another day if this got resolved, but maybe the cause is related.  Does your gamma setting remain fixed after relog, or does it go back to a default?

My gama will stay on relog, but not if i reboot the game. 

I just remember the first time i hit backspace by accident and didnt realize what button i pressed. I restarted the game and my PC and my hud was still off. Had to ask in chat for help lol. That was also a while back and on official servers so things may be different now.

14 hours ago, Morrowest said:

I was wondering if there is a way that I'm missing to permanently turn off the HUD.  I turn it off for immersion purposes, but every time I die or load the game up, the HUD turns back on and I have to turn it off again.  It wasn't an issue the first 100 times or so, but you know how the little things add up?  Just a quality of life thing.  I wish there was a setting that remembered the HUD on/off preference and kept it, even after exiting the game and reloading, but especially after each death in game.  

Make sure you disable third person as well, that's even worse for immersion. Oh and obviously you'd be playing PVP mode right. Immersion and all that.

Archived