Can a youtuber lie about ARK, 4 views?

ArianaGaming

3 hours ago, Vaculity said:

They did do that, yes but said creature is made by that very same developer group that made the tournament that WC promoted, not WC themselves
https://twitter.com/dragonpunkgame/status/864519698917900288?lang=en

https://twitter.com/dragonpunkgame/status/1006590745409548288?lang=en

Heres two twitter to prove it. WC didn't make the Leviathan. Dragonpunk did, and even if WC did showed it, its mostly a promotion much like their own Tournament.

Never said they did. But I'm saying that the youtuber might be genuinely confused.

21 hours ago, GP said:

Well yes, anyone can lie about anything, that's their right.

Generally I avoid all clickbait videos at all costs because they aren't good enough to attract a proper audience and also ignore videos where they blatantly lie about stuff. But whether you should avoid them yourself then only you can answer that question.

Ask yourself, DO YOU want to watch a channel where they lie about ARK? If the answer is no then you got your answer.

I only trust news from the official source - Wild Card Ministry of Truth and Information.

19 hours ago, GP said:

And can you put hand on heart and say 100% honestly that the youtuber knows that it is 100% a mod creature, or might they be confused because that Mod is one of the currently Sponsored Mods for ARK, and therefore the youtuber may be confused or completely unaware that it is not actually WC that is making that creature/mod. Or have you just assumed and accused the youtuber of lying?

Im curious as to why you're defending someone who spreads misinformation and clearly baits with video title.. Do you know him/her? 

If the video author genuinley did not know, then thats still his/her fault for not doing their own quick google search before publishing a video for views.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Im curious as to why you're defending someone who spreads misinformation and clearly baits with video title.. Do you know him/her? 

If the video author genuinley did not know, then thats still his/her fault for not doing their own quick google search before publishing a video for views.

I'm not defending anyone. Yes if someone relays misinformation it is their fault, do they deserve to be called a liar and lieing to get views? Absolutely not. That is a down right attack against someone that may not have known what they were saying is wrong.

Then for someone to get upset by what they said, surely that person could have just quickly googled the information to find the real answer instead of getting upset and coming here to call them a liar.

21 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

I wanted to know if false claims to the community is ok?

Of course it's not "ok", that shouldn't even be a question. Any time people lie or mislead it's not "ok", so what are you really asking? Are you trying to find out if you can report them (to WC or Youtube), are you trying to find out if there is some group that regulates and polices that sort of behavior? It's a given that it's not "ok", so what are you trying to accomplish with this thread?

1 hour ago, GP said:

I'm not defending anyone. Yes if someone relays misinformation it is their fault, do they deserve to be called a liar and lieing to get views? Absolutely not. That is a down right attack against someone that may not have known what they were saying is wrong.

Then for someone to get upset by what they said, surely that person could have just quickly googled the information to find the real answer instead of getting upset and coming here to call them a liar.

Fair enough :egg:

funny how everyone is crying about clickbait but not seeing a solution? maybe if devs had a road map maybe actually communicated with their fans clickbait wouldnt win, people will always be after info about their fav game regardless if its clickbait or not its entertainment for some, for record anthomina is a huge clickbaiter with his this is coming to ark! turns out its just a mod but thats my opinion people like loaded crysis are the worse though they actually lie an promote it as if its coming like the dragon punk stuff an it never will, ( full blown convo with dan the creator stating consoles arnt powerful enough as is, would need huge investment from wc to port it over, dont get me wrong i have put out my fair share of clickable vids but 90% has been in irony at the clickbait around me, face facts you cant make tubers do anything but you can voice better communication from wc that should be your focus, not tubers dislike the video click dont show me again move on

Guest DJRone89

@jammyjade I’m subbed to your channel and at least you have the decency to call something a rumour or possibility as opposed to “this is coming to Ark on consoles” (post release anyway). Before it was anyone’s guess if we we’re going to get something or not. Which leads me on to my next point.

Wildcard have been so overzealous in the past with what are now broken promises, that people have lost faith in even the official sources of news.

For OP; people talking about rumours are fine until they state it as fact, but clickbaiting for views shouldn’t come as a shock to you or anyone.

The Dragonpunk guys bs all the time. They are all about smoke and mirrors to promote whatever it is they are peddling at the moment. They were advertising the hell out of season 2 for pve coming out on July 10th. Lots of people were excited, then they got called out, so they announced that the pve stuff wasnt on July 10th, that their pvp tourney was and the pve part would happen after the tourney ends in august. It was total clickbait and switch, they even have banners saying "Dragonpunk Tribe of Gods: Roleplaying Season 2 Coming July 10th" on the mod pages. It was all obfuscation and hype to get people to register for their tourney. You just have to learn to take anything they say with a grain of salt as they have no qualms using shady tactics like that to drum up business.

2 hours ago, Moonie1 said:

The Dragonpunk guys bs all the time. They are all about smoke and mirrors to promote whatever it is they are peddling at the moment. They were advertising the hell out of season 2 for pve coming out on July 10th. Lots of people were excited, then they got called out, so they announced that the pve stuff wasnt on July 10th, that their pvp tourney was and the pve part would happen after the tourney ends in august. It was total clickbait and switch, they even have banners saying "Dragonpunk Tribe of Gods: Roleplaying Season 2 Coming July 10th" on the mod pages. It was all obfuscation and hype to get people to register for their tourney. You just have to learn to take anything they say with a grain of salt as they have no qualms using shady tactics like that to drum up business.

Though, you gotta admit their mods are pretty nice. Minus some creature with weird texture. 

On 8/30/2018 at 10:32 AM, Paroxyde said:

You mean Thick Freedom? 

I'm pretty sure 99% of us know that 3/4 of what he says is pure clickbait and untrue...

I'm pretty sure the Leviathan is from a mod that was used to host a tournament or something like that. 

You can find it here:

www.tribeofgods.com

A good amount of what he says is true, he has deliberately misleading thumbnails as a joke.

3 minutes ago, THESHREKONING said:

A good amount of what he says is true, he has deliberately misleading thumbnails as a joke.

I stopped watching him a long time ago, so you might be right... I only watch his spotlight vids which are the only ones suiting my taste... 

And your forum avatar is genuinely disturbing me ?

6 hours ago, THESHREKONING said:

Creating a misleading thumbnail and/or title once in a while is a joke.  Doing it on every video you put out is clickbait and that's NOT a joke, instead that's bluntly telling your viewers you consider them to be morons.

Just now, Ranger1 said:

Creating a misleading thumbnail and/or title once in a while is a joke.  Doing it on every video you put out is clickbait and that's NOT a joke, instead that's bluntly telling your viewers you consider them to be morons.

Um, no, it isn't, mainly because almost everyone who watches Thickfreedom often knows it's a joke. It's literally called "thiccbait".

On 9/3/2018 at 3:10 PM, jammyjade said:

funny how everyone is crying about clickbait but not seeing a solution? maybe if devs had a road map maybe actually communicated with their fans clickbait wouldnt win, people will always be after info about their fav game regardless if its clickbait or not its entertainment for some, for record anthomina is a huge clickbaiter with his this is coming to ark! turns out its just a mod but thats my opinion people like loaded crysis are the worse though they actually lie an promote it as if its coming like the dragon punk stuff an it never will, ( full blown convo with dan the creator stating consoles arnt powerful enough as is, would need huge investment from wc to port it over, dont get me wrong i have put out my fair share of clickable vids but 90% has been in irony at the clickbait around me, face facts you cant make tubers do anything but you can voice better communication from wc that should be your focus, not tubers dislike the video click dont show me again move on

Hello,

I know how much time goes into making a video and then uploading plus converting to youtube. Plus time to research,  finding creative material. I appreciate the quality youtube has. Luckily ARK ingame photo can be used with no license or permission and most Youtubers are grateful for this. So thank you JPG. 

ARK is a creative game so lots of material for vids are available. As a player I want combinations of dinos for a specific task. Example I use a carno and a frog for the redwood swamp cave, carno take care of large creatures and frog takes care of attacking bugs (frog on neutral). How to farm caves for loot/crates, what can be found is other example. As a player I found it out by spawning in (summon) crates 30 at each time. Console have issues and fixes for such temporary issues is also good to find in a video. Example, I can not do the spider arena, game crashes when save action occurs in single player. However I can summon or spawn the portal anywhere on the island using commands. In single player drops can not be used on the island to access the arena and I crash every time game saves in and around the obelisk.

What I want to say is that even with no news at all there is still much material for videos. One youtuber made base visits but failed to ask how do you do this and that (breeding) just a basetour.

Thank you for giving the community a solution with "don't show me again' never seen that but will look for it now.

You won the last video contest so it means a lot to all ratbags. ;)

Regards,

Ariana 

I'm quite familiar with thicks channel, thanks.  There is a reason why clickbait thumbnails and titles aren't used by legitimate channels, and why most adults avoid channels that frequently use them.  But hey, if he's managed to convince you that lying and purposefully misleading viewers is all just a big joke... one that isn't "really" intentionally deceiving the public simply for the sake of more clicks... then by all means enjoy his screaming and repeated insults your intelligence.  The rest of us have better things to do.

Archived