Troodon Help

RomanPort

Hey there.

I decided to tame a troodon in Ark a few days ago, and I've prepared some paracers to sacrifice to it. I started taming it about a half hour ago by knocking out my high level paracers and feeding it to it.

First, despite having twice the number of paracers I needed to tame the level troodon I wanted, it only got as far as 60% taming. I went out to tame some more paracers to sacrifice, and I came back to it slowly taking damage from nothing.

It's dead. I spent all this time trying to tame it and it slowly took damage until it died while sitting in my taming pen. I don't understand.

What did I do wrong? I'm really angry right now.

If you're trying to tame a troodon, get level 100ish wyvern eggs, slightly lower will work (this is for a 150 tame). Lower tames can use lower eggs. You can get these of Ragnarok or Scorched Earth.

Also, tame them at night. I think around 8:30 pm to 5ish am they only require 40% of the normal exp to tame. Look for glowing yellow eyes, that's usually the indication that it's night time.

16 hours ago, Ocicat said:

...Also, tame them at night....

This is likely OP's problem he didn't specify doing during the day/night. Also if you pull troodons up on dododex as an example it defaults to sacrifices needed at night, likely also for other taming calculators. Hence why OP was probably missing out on sacrifice requirements

I used Therizinos

I piked them down to about 50 health. Got the troodon aggro on me. Jumped on the tame so the troodon would attack it.  Just before the last bite I’d dismount and the troodon would tame out. 

It has to be perfectly timed - both jumping on the therizino since it was on neutral i didn’t want it killing the troodon. And also jumping off the therizino before it killed the troodon and before the troodon killed it.

it was the biggest pain in the butt, but actually easier than trying to get the troodon to attack babies, even with pheromone darts.  

Archived