Community Crunch 146: Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????, ARK Modding Contest, & Great Migration 4!

Jen

7 hours ago, Atlantis said:

They should just merge legacy and official now. Atleast for PvE.

They seperated legacy and new because of cheating (which mostly happens on PvP). Within a week there was duping on new servers. Instead of taking care of those players they decided this.

They said it before release, that by and by all legacys would be taken off. Everybody have had the choice to begin new (now one year ago). So, sorry m8, don't complain.

I think also it would be a kick in everybodys ass who decided to begin new, after spend so much time on the early acess servers.

Anyone notice the element surrounding the wing maybe the wing is part of the element mutation

On 8/28/2018 at 3:13 PM, Slivka said:

Looks like the extinction version of a Rock drake

It looks like a wolfs head with a basilisks body and seekers wings. I would say it lives in water if it wasn't for the claws. The wings also look like they don't belong on the creature, if you look at them closely they don't have any fur and it kinda makes you wonder about two creatures merging...

Fuzzback wyvern with some elemental influence in the chest region. Interesting.

I'm guessing a few things from it's body type.

1, lean and mean flyer, so its fast and has a tight turning radius, everything the standard wyvern does not. Possibly has glide support like a griffin.

2. Aqua Wyvern, the ability to swim in deep water much more efficiently than the rock drake can, and the normal wyvern wont even try. The wings look considerably smaller than that of the wyvern, more akin to that of a drake in size but with membrane wings rather than feathered ones. So swimming dragon (main) with glide support?

3. Happy middle ground between drake (can only glide but extremely more useful on land or sea) and the wyvern (the jet fighter of the sky, especially the lightning variant.)

4th slim posibility. Shoulder mounted dragon pet. Because why not. Doesnt have a size chart on it and it's slim anyways. Possibly seeker sized or even smaller. I for one would accept midget dragons to ride on my shoulder. 

Hey jen is their any way we can talk about 386 I have about 15 to 20 people that still play that served I owned it for 2 years now and survived your great migration the last 3 times. It sent empty when I got raided offline I was gone for three days some took a break but came back. At the end I started populating 386 for people to come back and play. I would like to talk about 386 please it means a lot to me. And others as well. We don't want 386 deleted I put all my time And 2 years of my life on this server along with others. If there is a chance I can save this server, please message me back..... Thank you for all that you do....

9 minutes ago, XenoEmperor said:

I want a Cobra with three heads plz wildcard...

Make it a posibile tameee,PLEASE!

Just get three titanoboas and position them so that the tails are all clipped into eachother and you can see three different heads.

Moving would be difficult, but I'm sure you could make it work somehow.

Guest DJRone89

Nothing gets the console community more pumped than a modding contest. I understand that mods are an important aspect of the PC community and I admire you commitment towards modders but I feel more could be done for the inclusion of half your playerbase.

On 8/28/2018 at 1:09 AM, lilpanda said:

We base the list off of a few metrics, namely the average players playing and the max number of consecutive players. We look at this across a week (rather than just a single day, as many of our players only play weekends or only play during weekdays). We never stated that all servers on our list are ones that are completely dead and have zero players but generally speaking there are quite a few that are completely dead with maybe a single person playing for the entire week duration.

I'd be happy to look into your server though and see if there is indeed a mistake in the list, but the current list was actually given a very generous cutoff point for being considered "active" especially with this round of cutoffs compared to previous migrations.

Hello, sorry to bother you with this. However you should double check island server 692. We have more players and tribes there now than we did last migration, and we weren't put on the list then. Also, if you're going to destroy all the legacy servers in the long run may I offer the suggestion of finding some way for people to save their dinosaurs (a small batch of proxy servers, for instance, that weeks 1-4 you could only transfer into and weeks 5 & 6 you had to tranfer into an official server or lose everything). Just a suggestion, however it's based upon the fact that people on ark sometimes become attached to their tames and to have all that time and effort come to naught when you have to destroy alot of your hard work and be told to start at step 1 again. Thank you for your time and consideration in these matters. Vaultech, tribe: Huntress. Server 692

On 8/27/2018 at 3:57 PM, Gravex said:

What’s the point of restarting the mod contest ? You don’t do anything with them anyway , I mean it’s great for the mod creators but it does nothing for the vanilla game.

It strings people along like they've done with saying how they're going to be adding aspects of S+ "after aberration" which has now become "after extinction" which means "after we get your money for the last DLC, we may give you triangle structures, but will likely just move on to another game while pulling support for official servers."

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 1:00 AM, Carsten3 said:

They said it before release, that by and by all legacys would be taken off. Everybody have had the choice to begin new (now one year ago). So, sorry m8, don't complain.

I think also it would be a kick in everybodys ass who decided to begin new, after spend so much time on the early acess servers.

No they didn't. They said they'd be removing legacy servers that only had an average of 1-2 people on them. The fact is, most legacy PVE servers have more average players than non-legacy servers. Not sure about the player count on official PVP since thats nothing but cancer anyways.