Tribes on Mobile

Mensana21

Hello everyone, 

I know there is a Tribes section on this site but I'm not sure if people playing on mobile and console are mingled in the same tribes - I would assume not. 
I'm looking for a real tribe.. when I joined online, I always found myself alone. If I am lucky I'll ran into another survivor every 15-20 minutes... 
When I read about tribes, it looks fun, I'd really want to join. The last time I logged, I met a guy who was really nice to me ; he gave me a couple of stuff without me asking for anything, and then I could see he was going across the map to join someone from the chat.. when I asked this person if I could join (she kinda look in charge of a Tribe), she said "no I don't know you"...
The few other times I logged, the people chatting were completely ignoring  the newcomers. So unfortunately the online mode was not so fun so far for me, but I really love this beautiful game and I'd like to live the expérience of being on an nice organized tribe too, so if you know a nice Tribe I could join to play, please tell me. I'm currently level 70 in single player mode, and I play everyday. 

Mensana 

• 2 months later...
On 8/26/2018 at 7:55 PM, Mensana21 said:

Hello everyone, 

I know there is a Tribes section on this site but I'm not sure if people playing on mobile and console are mingled in the same tribes - I would assume not. 
I'm looking for a real tribe.. when I joined online, I always found myself alone. If I am lucky I'll ran into another survivor every 15-20 minutes... 
When I read about tribes, it looks fun, I'd really want to join. The last time I logged, I met a guy who was really nice to me ; he gave me a couple of stuff without me asking for anything, and then I could see he was going across the map to join someone from the chat.. when I asked this person if I could join (she kinda look in charge of a Tribe), she said "no I don't know you"...
The few other times I logged, the people chatting were completely ignoring  the newcomers. So unfortunately the online mode was not so fun so far for me, but I really love this beautiful game and I'd like to live the expérience of being on an nice organized tribe too, so if you know a nice Tribe I could join to play, please tell me. I'm currently level 70 in single player mode, and I play everyday. 

Mensana 

Mensana I understand.  One of the unfortunate problems on the other side of the equation,  so to speak, is that there are many, many thieves, griefers, and highly immature people who want to have everything given to them and done for them.  It makes those of us in established tribes very hesitant.  

On Fria most of the veteran players tend to encourage newcomers to go it alone for 20 or so levels,  take their time, prove they can act maturely and be self-reliant and get to know folks. After that they almost always get in a tribe.

But there are so many of the other types. :(

At least on Fria (PvE easy) we aren't saying no out of meanness.  We've just been burned too many times.

You hang in there. People get to know you, you'll get in a tribe first sure. :)

Most of the time if you gain levels on the server, chat, and trade, you will be invited to alliances.  Other players need to get comfortable with you before they risk all their tames and items when they invite you in.  Trading is really important in building trust. Also, help other players out if you see they are in need.

• 1 month later...

- I play on mobile -

I also kinda have this problem. And I’ve been thinking of joining one or starting my own. Though I don’t think I have a lot of friends who play Ark in the first place.. 

I understand being cautious and stuff, I guess there is no true way of knowing my intentions except for taking a gamble on me and trusting my word for it when I say that I’m really trying to just find a tribe to settle in. I feel like playing Ark with other people just adds a whole new shine to the game. 

Well I'll ignore the necro part of this. Joining a tribe and recruitting for one are both tricky and require trust... this is the internet so its hard.

Best bet, find a server and just get to work solo. Be active in global chat to a point, but not to much. After a while and leveling up then ask if any one is looking for a new member. This time buffer helps and by getting going you prove that you can (hopefully will) do your part of the work for the tribe.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...
On 1/14/2019 at 10:44 PM, BeenThereDoneThat said:

- I play on mobile -

I also kinda have this problem. And I’ve been thinking of joining one or starting my own. Though I don’t think I have a lot of friends who play Ark in the first place.. 

I understand being cautious and stuff, I guess there is no true way of knowing my intentions except for taking a gamble on me and trusting my word for it when I say that I’m really trying to just find a tribe to settle in. I feel like playing Ark with other people just adds a whole new shine to the game. 

I want to join a Tribe too, cuz i dont have friends that plays ark either, what server are u in? 

If you want to play a social game, PvX servers will be hardest to find a tribe because there are only 6 members per tribe.  We found that out the hard way when we were 3 partial tribes in a PvE server and left together to form 1 tribe in a PvX.  New players are asking to join tribes, but most are already full.

If anyone wants to join a new server that doesn’t have to many people so you can establish and make a tribe of your and add other people im also looking for ally’s just FYI the server is called alpha island brutal pvp na we haven’t had many raids yet because the server is quite new and the admins are and level you to level 80 give starter and if you help them they’ll sometimes add you to tribe or alliance

• 2 weeks later...

I would love for you all to join my server psych ward we love active and chatty players it’s a pvx server and we do find it hard to trust but trade and chat with us all and we will help you out and there is a few tribe that like to recruit! My server is only a couple months old so still isn’t very active but Most of the time there is an admin on. We are starting events now too just need more participants 

On 4/18/2019 at 5:44 PM, docredduke10 said:

If you want to play a social game, PvX servers will be hardest to find a tribe because there are only 6 members per tribe.  We found that out the hard way when we were 3 partial tribes in a PvE server and left together to form 1 tribe in a PvX.  New players are asking to join tribes, but most are already full.

Not all pvx servers have tribe members of 6 it depends how the server was set up I believe my tribe limit is 12 but might be 10 I can’t quite remember 

Archived