How long is the buffer time for reaching 100% imprint ?

DonaldDuck

How long is the time window allowed to leave dino asking for an imprint if I want it 100% in the end ?

Is this correct ?

For example Rex is 92h 37m from baby to adult. Each imprint per 8 hours is 9%. So First imprint = 9%, 2nd imprint = 18%, 3rd=27% and so on until 11 times = 99%, I bet at this point it will be 100% , it could be 9.1% per imprint. So it's 11x8 hours = 88 hours. Meaning the buffer time is 92h37m - 88 = 4h 37m. If I leave it asking for imprint longer than 4hours 37 minutes, it won't get 100%, right ?

Why is the game designed like that, even though it's changed to every 8 hours, it still interferes with our life especially bedtime. Because I just missed it by a few hours, I think I won't get 100% imprint now after 2 days raising it.

I have suggested it to be changed here, so the game won't be so on-time demanding and leave disappointment in the end.

That's really disappointing, just because I want my sleep then I won't get a 100% imprinted rex, COME ON WILDCARD !!!!

That is just rex, I can't imagine people raising a giga with 100% imprint.

This will be my last playthrough playing online, once I'm bored, I'll stick to single player. The game is too demanding and the fact that I can't mindwipe while my character is already lv 100 and I can't do bosses.

28 minutes ago, Sphere said:

This is why I allow people to ticket in for anything close to 100%, but want it anyways, because sometimes things can happen outside of your control, or you did your best. As long as you show effort. However this is a difference between official and unofficial.

That's nice to offer that in unofficial server. With a good community and support I bet unofficial can be much better than official.

---

But this can be said a design flaw because imprinting is personal and not a tribe thing even though it has a setting to allow dino imprint by anyone, by default it shouldn't be this demanding and interferes with our sleep. That's just bad design. I hope they will review their imprint mechanic and make adjustment. Procoptodon has a good game mechanic that can help in this situation for doubling imprint affinity but imo it's also not properly implemented, the dino and maturation % is illogical across all dinoes, and too bad Rex isn't included in it. Imo all baby dinoes should be allowed during baby phase including the big ones because they're still small enough, except underwater dinoes

Some Dinos are harder than others. From my experience the toughest are Gigas, Tusos and surprisingly Doedics.

But I will never complain about imprinting again. If you ever played when imprinting was a randomly applied interval between 3-5 hours, having 8 hour set intervals every imprint actually feels like a luxury now.

Honestly I'm not sure the math on some of these website are 100% 

For example I bred and raised a Thylacoleo and I did the imprint within 3 seconds of it being due. And when I hit 100% imprint he was less than 5 minutes from fully grown. So literally no time for error

I've heard people missing an entire imprint and still getting 100% so honestly it's crazy different.

The leeway depends on the dinos. Some has just a few seconds of wiggle room between imprints while some have hours. 

It used to be dependant on luck when it was 3-4h... So, if you get 3h, you know you gained 1h of leeway. But now, it's a forced 4h, with no extra leeway while you only have to imprint half as much. 

I prefer the 3-4h one, honestly...

You only have wiggle room on dinos where the maturation time is not a multiple of 8h. If it has 16h till maturation you get 2 imprints with no wiggle room. If it takes 20h then you still only have 2 imprints but 4 hours wiggle room. At least they changed it so you can get 100% with the 2 imprints on this example. With the old system in such a case 100% would not have been possible since one imprint would only have given 40% topping of at 80% with no way to get to 100%.

27 minutes ago, Campi said:

You only have wiggle room on dinos where the maturation time is not a multiple of 8h. If it has 16h till maturation you get 2 imprints with no wiggle room. If it takes 20h then you still only have 2 imprints but 4 hours wiggle room. At least they changed it so you can get 100% with the 2 imprints on this example. With the old system in such a case 100% would not have been possible since one imprint would only have given 40% topping of at 80% with no way to get to 100%.

16h maturation is 25% on a 3-4h imprint... Which means if you get only 3h, you have 4h of wiggle room...

20h is 20%,which means up to 5h of wiggle room if you are lucky. 

It was calculated with no wiggle room with a 4h base, but the timer is 3-4h. Now is 8h base and 8h timer. 

34 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

16h maturation is 25% on a 3-4h imprint... Which means if you get only 3h, you have 4h of wiggle room...

20h is 20%,which means up to 5h of wiggle room if you are lucky. 

It was calculated with no wiggle room with a 4h base, but the timer is 3-4h. Now is 8h base and 8h timer. 

Yes the old system did give additional wiggle room from being lucky on the timers (when you got less than 4 hours on the timer). But what i wanted to point out is that the new system also changed that you can always get 100% if you are on time each imprint. The old system didn't round up so even if you where always on time you where sometimes unable to get 100%:

For 10h maturation you got 40% on each imprint cause it was calculated for 2.5 imprints (10 / 4). So here if you didn't get lucky even if you were on time you sometimes weren't able to get to 100% cause the fractured last imprint. The new system now would give 50% each time cause it would round the 2.5 down to 2 for the base-calculations.

So yes we lost the wiggle room from being lucky on the 3-4h RNG but we gained the ability to at least have a chance to get to 100% on every dino as long as we are never late on the imprints.

Personally i prefer the new system cause now if i mass-hatch >10 rexes at the same time they at least will not go out of sync after one day where with the old system after a day you had one imprint every half hour or so - now its the same 8h interval for all of them which is a big improvement on sleeping times in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Campi said:

Yes the old system did give additional wiggle room from being lucky on the timers (when you got less than 4 hours on the timer). But what i wanted to point out is that the new system also changed that you can always get 100% if you are on time each imprint. The old system didn't round up so even if you where always on time you where sometimes unable to get 100%:

For 10h maturation you got 40% on each imprint cause it was calculated for 2.5 imprints (10 / 4). So here if you didn't get lucky even if you were on time you sometimes weren't able to get to 100% cause the fractured last imprint. The new system now would give 50% each time cause it would round the 2.5 down to 2 for the base-calculations.

So yes we lost the wiggle room from being lucky on the 3-4h RNG but we gained the ability to at least have a chance to get to 100% on every dino as long as we are never late on the imprints.

Personally i prefer the new system cause now if i mass-hatch >10 rexes at the same time they at least will not go out of sync after one day where with the old system after a day you had one imprint every half hour or so - now its the same 8h interval for all of them which is a big improvement on sleeping times in my opinion.

Sleeping is for the weak. 

I remember hatching batches of Rexes and after about 2 days, I just stopped sleeping and it was fun. 

Now... I sleep, and then oversleep... :Jerbcry:

And the longer the maturation, the less time you have to spare. Which is sad... I mean, we used to be like 1 day ahead of imprint on gigas, now it's so tight I didn't even try again...

In the end I didn't miss the imprint for the rexes haha, but it was a close one, like 98.6% maturation when doing the last imprint, but I didn't sleep for the last 8 hours for doing the last imprint yesterday because I was afraid I'll miss it if I overslept this time, this game is a torture. ?Maybe I did overslept the other day but not exceeding the buffer time or is it called wiggle room or leeway ?

Screenshot_355.thumb.png.2ad53d4d784068c2df9d271836d05227.png

Procoptodon really needs to be readjusted, someone said it won't even let its own baby get the benefit of double affinity not even once because it was kicked out from its pouch like around more or less 10 minutes before it reaches 8h for imprinting the first time. 

4 hours ago, Firethorn said:

The proc can hold its own baby for just under 7 hours and 50 minutes, not "only 10 minutes".  She kicks her own baby out a bit over 10 minutes before you can do the imprint.

Also look at this, I have 3 babies atm, 1 Argy 2 Pteranodon, Argy is 6% mature , Pteras are both 8.6%, all of them hatched at more or less the same time, only 3 minutes difference. They're still baby, and still small in size.  Procoptodon can pick up Baby Argy, but NOT pteranodon. I know that pteranodon cannot be carried after 3.8% from invincibleq but that's really weird.

es2jLpy.jpg

I also want to ask about this, it's written like this on my Rex's ancestry info , the patrilineal is also 240488. 

Screenshot_356.thumb.png.ce20be7f05bff93516204c07ec14213d.png

Does that mean this rex really mutated 240,488 times ??? Isn't mutation only has 2% chance, which can be said in every 100 there will only be 2 mutation, or in 50 times doing breeding there might be one chance of mutation happening, how is this possible 240888 times mutated is like doing 12 million times of breeding. ? But that is impossible, if breeding one rex takes 4 days, that 's 48 million days or 131 years lol.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

I also want to ask about this, it's written like this on my Rex's ancestry info , the patrilineal is also 240488. 

Screenshot_356.thumb.png.ce20be7f05bff93516204c07ec14213d.png

Does that mean this rex really mutated 240,488 times ??? Isn't mutation only has 2% chance, which can be said in every 100 there will only be 2 mutation, or in 50 times doing breeding there might be one chance of mutation happening, how is this possible 240888 times mutated is like doing 12 million times of breeding. ? But that is impossible, if breeding one rex takes 4 days, that 's 48 million days or 131 years lol.

That only mean your line is dirty from inbreeding abuse. The mutations are stacking regardless of the mutated stats and/or colors being inherited by the babies. For example you have a Male with 10 markers and you mate it with a female that have 5. The baby will have 10/20 patrilineal marker and 5/20 matrilineal ones. Let's say that baby was a male and you mate it with a female that have no marker. Their baby will have 15/20 patrilineal and 0/20 matrlineal. Repeat over and over by injecting ghost markers into your breeding line and you ends up with billions markers.

Also changing it to 8h even though it helps much than when it was 4h, can still be a torture, unless I hatch the egg at specific time like 6 am in the morning +8 + 8 , will end up at 22:00. If I hatch at 11 am in the morning, then +8 +8 will be at 3 am in the morning. So it's doable, but we still have to be careful with the time to hatch it. Because I actually wasn't ready to hatch this rex egg and it hatched by accident I forgot to pick up the eggs, the imprint time ended up at like 4 am in the morning.

I also forgot to pick up an anky egg yesterday, but it's really easy for anky, I can imprint it twice in procoptodon's pouch.

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

That only mean your line is dirty from inbreeding abuse. The mutations are stacking regardless of the mutated stats and/or colors being inherited by the babies. For example you have a Male with 10 markers and you mate it with a female that have 5. The baby will have 10/20 patrilineal marker and 5/20 matrilineal ones. Let's say that baby was a male and you mate it with a female that have no marker. Their baby will have 15/20 patrilineal and 0/20 matrlineal. Repeat over and over by injecting ghost markers into your breeding line and you ends up with billions markers.

Ah I see, so it's their parent line's mutation being added up every time it's mated, not necessarily its own mutation, but still 240,488 is quite high. I bet that involves a lot of times mating the dinoes even though it only shows 8 matrilineal and 15 patrilineal.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Ah I see, so it's their parent line's mutation being added up every time it's mated, not necessarily its own mutation, but still 240,488 is quite high. I bet that involves a lot of times mating the dinoes even though it only shows 8 matrilineal and 15 patrilineal.

It goes quick. Your next generation of 240,488 will be 480,976 because it doubles every time you inbred (baby with its parents, for example).

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:59 PM, DonaldDuck said:

How long is the time window allowed to leave dino asking for an imprint if I want it 100% in the end ?

Is this correct ?

For example Rex is 92h 37m from baby to adult. Each imprint per 8 hours is 9%. So First imprint = 9%, 2nd imprint = 18%, 3rd=27% and so on until 11 times = 99%, I bet at this point it will be 100% , it could be 9.1% per imprint. So it's 11x8 hours = 88 hours. Meaning the buffer time is 92h37m - 88 = 4h 37m. If I leave it asking for imprint longer than 4hours 37 minutes, it won't get 100%, right ?

Why is the game designed like that, even though it's changed to every 8 hours, it still interferes with our life especially bedtime. Because I just missed it by a few hours, I think I won't get 100% imprint now after 2 days raising it.

I have suggested it to be changed here, so the game won't be so on-time demanding and leave disappointment in the end.

That's really disappointing, just because I want my sleep then I won't get a 100% imprinted rex, COME ON WILDCARD !!!!

That is just rex, I can't imagine people raising a giga with 100% imprint.

This will be my last playthrough playing online, once I'm bored, I'll stick to single player. The game is too demanding and the fact that I can't mindwipe while my character is already lv 100 and I can't do bosses.

Let me break it down for you my dude.

You do not have to 100 percent everything, yes its cool but just don't do it. You are literally getting mad at a number in the corner of your screen. You will get 100 percent if you miss 1 imprint. 98 = 100 percent in terms of buffs.

Why are you getting mad at wildcard when you said yourself "I had real life things to take care of".

Meaning you didn't have time for the game.

how is that wildcards fault

Second, the lvl 100 thing is 100 percent your fault. We have gotten multiple mind wipes after 100 to date. Not to mention, you could do any of these fights and literally lose 0 health.

Third, its a freaking rex. The most useless, uneeding to be 100 percent tame in the entire game. I can run through any hard boss fight with an unimprinted rex.

I hate angry threads when theres literally 100 things you can do to fix your problem.

On 8/26/2018 at 11:51 AM, Jacira said:

If you ever played when imprinting was a randomly applied interval between 3-5 hours, having 8 hour set intervals every imprint actually feels like a luxury now.

You forgot the initial convoluted implementation of imprinting when imprint% degraded (all the way down to 0) if you didnt cuddle/walk/feed requested kibble for some short time.

Ontopic:

One way to fix imprinting time leeway is to increase maturing time up to next multiple of 8 hours and subtract 1 minute. That way you'll have 7hours 59 minutes for all the imprints on all species.

On 8/30/2018 at 8:46 AM, DarthaNyan said:

One way to fix imprinting time leeway is to increase maturing time up to next multiple of 8 hours and subtract 1 minute. That way you'll have 7hours 59 minutes for all the imprints on all species.

Or just have the very first imprint be when you claim the dino.  Have it count as a cuddle, basically.

23 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

That would be annoying for breeders as it would skew stats the moment you imprint on a baby.

Only if you don't know the parents stats which is hardly ever the case as a breeder. Also you could still tell the base stats on the next imprint if you do the maths. I agree with firethorn. Make the first imprint count as an imprint.

It doesn't work on big dinos, but I have found another fix in using a mate boosted Protocoptodon (aka Kangaroo) for the first imprint, on some tames (ex. dire wolves) you can even give 2 double value imprints that make the rest of the process easier, I don't think a lot of people regularly uses it but I may be wrong, try it once and you will love it

Archived