Which Wyvern is the Best?

DiloDod

7 hours ago, mackyish3r3 said:

lightning wyvern is good for dps and titan killing. Fire is good for the percentage damage. Poison is best for range and killing riders in pvp. Ice is good for slowing enemies. I think lightning is the strongest because the insane damage overwhelms the other three.

Its not percentage damage for tamed wyverns, at least not vs tankier dinos, it caps out really quickly I believe

Pve perspective. I like fire most, for the looks and utility.

I usually kill wild wyverns with it, often while we both fly. You only have to hit once to do the full dmg of the breath attack. Every time I try this with Lightning wyverns I feel like I'm wasting my stamina because I can never keep the beam on the enemy for the whole duration. Fire wyvs are awesome for killing alpha wyverns too.

For killing ground stuff Lightning are pretty good too, they have good range and do a massive amount of dmg.

Poison are nice if you want to hit something that's swimming in deeper water (spinos in the canyon on rag) without the fear of dismounting. Just land and shoot. 

Only tried Ice once, could be nice for duo tamig stuff, but idk..

• 3 months later...

Every Wyvern has advantages over the other. 

Ice: Slows down creatures exponentially. Giving escape options and also a form of alternate attack. 

Poison: Useful for it's far range and ability to kill riders. Also very useful against slow bulky targets like brontosaurus. Keeps the poison cloud on them adding up the damage. 

Fire: Great for taming Phoenixes, Percentage damage along with immunity to fire based attacks. (Except from Phoenix) It also can combat with Alphas very well, able to sap their health like a leech with the after effect of the fire.

Lightning: My favorite and personally preferred. This bad beast has insanely high dps and range. Given that you can keep the lightning streak on the target. (Which I excel at.) and they are great for fighting against pretty much anything in my opinion. 

Wyverns have their ups and downs, but everyone has their opinions. Some like slowing, some like dps, and some like range. Everyone can be the most powerful if they choose their best wyvern. In my opinion, every Wyvern is just as equal in power as a tamed giga and so much more. 

Looks like the unpopular opinion, but I’m very partial to the fire wyvern. In fact, I exclusively own them on PC.

A couple poison and lightning on Xbox that I never warmed up to, and a collection of ice on my PS4 Ragnarok, but the vast overwhelming number are fire for me.

What I like about them in combat is the feeling of control that I don’t have with the others. That flame is going to go exactly where I want it every time, whereas I may miss with poison or waste good chunks of the lightning beam on medium to small targets.

And that’s where I feel fire makes up the DPS over lightning in *my* hands. And as I play single player, the particular perk of the poison has only ever been detrimental to me on egg runs, and only mediocre on one’s back. Even my ice wyverns are much more collected for their aesthetic.

But if I need something - big or small - to die, you’ll find me on the back of a fire wyvern.

• 2 weeks later...

There is one candidate, nobody has thought of, the Dodowyvern. This one is the strongest Wyvern, but its not tameable, if you are not using any mods or commands.

The strongest tameable wyvern is the Lightning wyvern in terms of melee damage. Its ray deals the most damage, but you have to hit first, which is not easy. So, in my opinion the fire wyvern is the best wyvern, because its the easiest to handle along with the ice wyvern and the crystal wyverns from Crystal isles.

On 8/25/2018 at 1:00 AM, mackyish3r3 said:

lightning wyvern is good for dps and titan killing. Fire is good for the percentage damage. Poison is best for range and killing riders in pvp. Ice is good for slowing enemies. I think lightning is the strongest because the insane damage overwhelms the other three.

I would have to agree but at the same time it depends on what you plan on using him/her for. For example, I LOVE Ice Verns when killing Alpha Raptors, Carnos, or Rexes because it slows them down and they can barely hit you since you essentially knock them back a little. However, if you are looking for raw damage lighting is the best imo.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm fond of my ice wyvern. While it may not be the toughest by means of outright attack, an ice wyvern with little effort can nearly incapacitate it's opponent in any state, making continued melee attacks or escape easy options. Ice breath itself deals a decent amount of damage, but the real benefit is slowing the opponent and using the wyvern's massive "hit box" to keep enemies from even laying a finger while you beat them into the dirt.

Archived