breeding Breeding level question

Hanty

Hello ppl, i have a great question about dino breeding.

I'm raising a line of trikes which have several inherited stats

Trike  H1 Level 299 (female)

Hp: 43

St:37

Ox: 41

Fo:45
We: 45

Dm 53

Sp: 34

(Black is my better inherited stats)

she starts with 3600 base HP, but if  compare it with another trike of lower level and with less inherited statistics (same HP 43). they have same HP and HP for Lvl up.

My question: It helps to have all the statistics inherited.? if i want tank trikes.

What is the use of having more level/stats (Oxygen/Food/Speed)?

I put the example of the trike but the question is general dinos.

9 minutes ago, Hanty said:

What is the use of having more level/stats (Oxygen/Food/Speed)?

Oxy is mostly useless, except for the very rare cases where you might want to use land creature under water or for transportation to underwater cave if you dont have transmitters/teleporters.

Food makes it easier to breed - babies will have higher starting value giving you more time between feedings to do whatever.

Speed is called a "wasted" stat for a reason. There is literally no reason or benefit to keep it other than wanting to pad the "base" level of dino for bragging rights (and possibly for higher max torpor amount).

10 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Oxy is mostly useless, except for the very rare cases where you might want to use land creature under water or for transportation to underwater cave if you dont have transmitters/teleporters.

Food makes it easier to breed - babies will have higher starting value giving you more time between feedings to do whatever.

Speed is called a "wasted" stat for a reason. There is literally no reason or benefit to keep it other than wanting to pad the "base" level of dino for bragging rights (and possibly for higher max torpor amount).

Oh thanks DarthaNyan!, then my breeding plan from Ark smart breeding it's useless practically once you have the necessary statistics.

it would only increase HP with mutations, right?

3 hours ago, Hanty said:

Oh thanks DarthaNyan!, then my breeding plan from Ark smart breeding it's useless practically once you have the necessary statistics.

it would only increase HP with mutations, right?

Hey hanty, dartha is right about the stats.  I will add tho once u hv a certain amount of food its kinda a waste.  I usually stop with 8-12k for big dinos, all of which wer natural stats.  U are right tho, only way to get evn more hp is either breed in a higher base hp trike or get mutations, its around a 1/180 chance u get a specific stat mutation u want.  Also if ur looking to really mutate a dino u can breed ur trike with a lvl 5 to eliminate the worthless oxygen and speed stats, leaving a lot of room to mutate.  Also imprinting a dino will raise its stats aswell, by lik 25% with full imprint.

4 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Hey hanty, dartha is right about the stats.  I will add tho once u hv a certain amount of food its kinda a waste.  I usually stop with 8-12k for big dinos, all of which wer natural stats.  U are right tho, only way to get evn more hp is either breed in a higher base hp trike or get mutations, its around a 1/180 chance u get a specific stat mutation u want.  Also if ur looking to really mutate a dino u can breed ur trike with a lvl 5 to eliminate the worthless oxygen and speed stats, leaving a lot of room to mutate.  Also imprinting a dino will raise its stats aswell, by lik 25% with full imprint.

Oh, thanks Onimusha759. Now I have everything more clear. If the useless stats are low(oxy,speed, food maybe), are they less likely to mutate?

Last question promess xD

5 hours ago, Malcolm84 said:

Sry to post here but, were i must post so i can eventually get access to trade forums?

U need more post in the comunity for upgrate you acount.

21 hours ago, Hanty said:

Oh, thanks Onimusha759. Now I have everything more clear. If the useless stats are low(oxy,speed, food maybe), are they less likely to mutate?

Last question promess xD

As invinc said they are supposed to b completely random between the 7 stats tho in my experience stam and weight mutate at higher rates then any other stat, prolly just bad luck tho.  Every time a fertilized egg is generated the process has 3 chances to create a mutation.  In "lucky" situations u can get 2 or even 3 mutations. The "" because usually getting more then one is unlucky for a breeding line.  Ull also get a new color on 1 of the dinos color regions per mutation, problem is most dinos dnt use all 6 regions so it could get wasted and then the color that it already has can b selected also wasting the color mutation.  Since natural speed lvls do nothing if ur mutation goes into speed its a wasted mutation as well.  That said for every mutation ur dino receives 2 natural lvls to whichever stat is selected.

Archived