About Titans...

BlueRaporRay

Theres two things going on here. @BlueRaporRay shouldve labelled his thread better. Im pretty sure he's talking about Extinction Titans not the Titanosaurus.

Titanosaurus does starve. 

We don't know enough about Extinction Titand yet. Maybe they will be a neat miniboss to get loot or exclusive crafting / boss obelisk mats. Im excited to see what they will do, for sure.

I'm honestly thinking it'll be unable to leave the area where it spawns. Just think about the size and the logistics of actually being able to get it to move around much.

My guess is that it'll be primarily a utility tame instead of a combat tame. If other people come near it, it'd be a pretty damn strong combat tame of course, but that's not its primary role.

I'm thinking it'll passively produce element or some other important resource or it could function as some super crafting station for certain new high-end items.

Lastly, I'm guessing that they'll be temporary tames for a good reason. In the trailer, we see that the titan has corruption on its lower half, we also know that corrupted creatures can't be tamed. To tame them, we would therefore have to remove the corruption first. Then, to stop people from getting an army of titans or hogging them all easily, they'll slowly get corrupted over time, and if their corruption hits a limit again, they become untamed until someone comes by and tames them again.

1 hour ago, TinyHippo said:

I'm honestly thinking it'll be unable to leave the area where it spawns. Just think about the size and the logistics of actually being able to get it to move around much.

My guess is that it'll be primarily a utility tame instead of a combat tame. If other people come near it, it'd be a pretty damn strong combat tame of course, but that's not its primary role.

I'm thinking it'll passively produce element or some other important resource or it could function as some super crafting station for certain new high-end items.

Lastly, I'm guessing that they'll be temporary tames for a good reason. In the trailer, we see that the titan has corruption on its lower half, we also know that corrupted creatures can't be tamed. To tame them, we would therefore have to remove the corruption first. Then, to stop people from getting an army of titans or hogging them all easily, they'll slowly get corrupted over time, and if their corruption hits a limit again, they become untamed until someone comes by and tames them again.

I actual really like this idea and it's probably correct. Excellent observations my friend 

On 8/25/2018 at 9:42 AM, d1nk said:

Theres two things going on here. @BlueRaporRay shouldve labelled his thread better. Im pretty sure he's talking about Extinction Titans not the Titanosaurus.

Titanosaurus does starve. 

We don't know enough about Extinction Titand yet. Maybe they will be a neat miniboss to get loot or exclusive crafting / boss obelisk mats. Im excited to see what they will do, for sure.

They had mentioned Titans (not Titanosaur) will be tamable, but have yet to disclose how for each titan.

They technically are going to be "mini bosses" (no "bosses" unlike the ones at Island) and will drop items required to summon the true boss hiding in Dystophic Earth/Extinction from what I understand.

• Volunteer Moderator

Maybe if they are temporary tames that only one can be tamed per server. The taming may come once you have defeated it in battle. It's all too early to tell how it's going to work, but although they may be too large to easily transport, they have not yet ruled out whether you can place them in the storage thing (can't remember its name) and transport it, or upload in a transmitter. Lots of possibilities still.

Pretty sure breeding will be out of the question.

15 hours ago, GP said:

Maybe if they are temporary tames that only one can be tamed per server. The taming may come once you have defeated it in battle. It's all too early to tell how it's going to work, but although they may be too large to easily transport, they have not yet ruled out whether you can place them in the storage thing (can't remember its name) and transport it, or upload in a transmitter. Lots of possibilities still.

Pretty sure breeding will be out of the question.

Really hope thats the case, otherwise PvP will be truly broken if the tribe knows how to reinforce the titan with other aggressive dinosaur to avoid being swarmed.

Then again, there will definitely be mod makers who will make them breedable, much like how one mod maker already made titanosaur breedable through a mod (but food eating is broken due to that persistent "no food eating" still in it lol)

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, TinyHippo said:

I like this idea a lot. It prevents alpha tribes from staying in power too long by using a titan (Good observation.) I kinda feel the taming process should be some sort of sacrifice (maybe a titanosaur or something), but you have to get the extinction titan to low health ( sorta like a reaper queen).

Archived