To Do list

Mensana21

Well, hello again ! I have another question regarding slots. I noticed that the game crashes a lot when I organise my inventory (i.e. when I put stuff from my inventory to a storage box or when I pick stuff from a storage box to put it in another Storage box/campfire/cooking pot/metal refiner/mortar/creature's inventory/preserving bin/smitty/fabricator.. in short, anything that has an inventory). 
I'm not sure what triggers exactly the crash. Do you know about this issue ? If I know what causes it maybe I can avoid it, or something ? 

Basicaly, when I'm cooking a recipe, it's likely I'll have to put the ingrédients in the cooking pot twice or cook the meat in the campfire all over again, since the game will crash and I'll return to an empty cooking pot. 
Sometimes I feed my creatures, it crashes, so I have to do it again. 
Or I may craft a large quantity of gunpowder and crash, to found an empty mortar..
Just to precise, my ingredients and raw Materials don't disappear, it's just that they are stored back in their box like I never used them to craft something. 
I guess I'd rather have the game crash on me when I'm cooking/crafting/feeding creatures safely inside my base rather than in the middle of a fight, but the repetitivity of doing things twice gets a little annoying.. 
So I don't know exactly what triggers the crash but it seems to affect anything that has an inventory. Maybe more specifically the number limit of slots ?  Is this because in some situations, the game put max things in the inventory, over the max slots of that item ? Like for example, the campfire : it has only 3 slots. If I put Wood + 20 raw meats + 20  raw meats, and I light the fire... it produces Charcoal, Cooked Meat and if I leave the meat in the campfire it will produces Spoiled Meat, which makes you over 3 slots.. is that why it crashes ? That slot limit issue would affect all the place where your can store raw meat (so preserving bin, your inventory, your creature's inventory, cooking pot, campfire) or burn wood (metal refinery & campfire). For the mortar, that would mean craffting a number of items above the limited number of item fixed by the slots (example, me trying to craft 450 gunpowder at once with already many slots in the mortar already filled). In the cooking pot, not sure what could explain the crash though..

Thanks, 

Mensana.

I cant say on what is the exact cause of the game crashing.. but by my observation it seems on more on rendering graphics cuz when i lower all the graphics and resolution..it will lessen the crash....or maybe on how fast you put multiple different actions at once...its seems mobile cant handle that large /instant process at once ..hence the crashing..

But this are all guesswork.. cuz after i lower the graphics and resolution settings  the crash will lessen.. but still the game crash at random.. the only one that is not random is when exiting from cave diving...there is a 80% chance the game will crash...

oh putting different actions at once would make a lot of sense and personaly, I always maximise the multi-tasking as much as possible. 

About rendering, sometimes if I run (I've boosted my movement speed and stamina a lot) for a long distance, the details like trees disappear and I see only the creatures. Can I lower the graphics and resolution only on this game (iPad) ?
I tried to play Ark on my iPhone once or twice and it was so slow, I gave up. 

I think that caves are especially demanding in terms of graphic; In addition of your expérience with the underwater caves, I can say that entering the lava cave while running will either crash the game (maybe 10% of the time) or lag the game 2-3 seconds (90% of the time). 
The only other cave I've visited so far is the one near the volcano and I had 2 bigger bugs there  ; at the place where the cave separates in two directions, it was like I was seing 2 landscapes inside the cave instead of tunnels; going forward in these "landsape" spawned me on top of the volcano cliff some times and in "water" (definitely not on the map) some other time. I lost all my creatures after they all spawned in this cave (bug #1), and got trapped in that "water" (bug #2). Actually all but one : my ptera was flying over my head and I clicked on the saddle icon to got out of there and glitch on the volcano but there was no way to get my other creatures out of this.   

Aw ur mentioning the falling through the floor bug.. and the rendering bug the only one you see are dinos or like a hole in cave that you could fall through they fix that already..updated to the current version...but the falling through floor will be still there but it will be like 0.001% chance encountering it ..like when a dino get you stuck  knockback to the wall...if you encounter this again and you fall under the floor just walk till you find a area of water(swamp,river,lake,sea) on your screen...most of the time youll just be able to walk back right up to surface..if its not then still find any body of water then relog and youll spawn in the surface of the water....i choose the body of water since when you relogin wont be stuck on rock or something when respawning on the surface..happen to me once luckly theres agressive dino in the area and they were able to kill me..

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 10:07 PM, Mensana21 said:

other question: what do you guys bring in the océan? I just got my first marine créature (very low level, it's a itchi level 4). I unequip my things except the metal pick and dress in hide clothes for insulation. Although the low level,  he swims surprisingly fast but I'm still incertain about going in the deep with it since as soon I mount it, I can see dozens of megalodons swimming around and being equiped only with a metal pick and primal clothes, I dont feel very covered.. Is there a safer spot for beginners in the water ? Do you guys brings other stuff ? like wooden spikes, metal spikes, primal scuba mask, what do you guys like to bring with you  exactly ? 

Bring a crossbow and you should be good. If you want to breathe, make Lazarus chowder and put a few points into oxygen. And to tame a megalodon, get a crossbow with tranq darts and stand in the shallows where it can't get you and he should be an easy ko just kill another megalodon with the same method to get fish meat and it will be an easy tame.

Hello @qdzs1,
Thank you for your tips! When I wrote my message, dying at sea meant losing everything but since the patch, it's no longer an issue, so I can die all I want xD (without worrying to loose an embarrassing amount of metal tools anymore )

Only thing though, it's that I keep loosing my Itchys. I lost like 5 or 6. I don't have transponders yet, so it's like each itchy makes one or two oil run, maybe 3 sometimes but not much more. I end up loosing them. Plus, when I get them, they don't seem to eat raw meat.. I dont know if it's normal, or they eat very slowy or what..?

Megalodon eat spino kibble, which I found to be quite rare. Once I found 3 eggs, made the kibble, died and lost the kibble... So I never tamed any Megalodon yet. 

I do have 2 sarcos though (levels 12 & 13), they might be able to kill megalodons ? I'll build up their HP and take them for an oil run, see if it's a viable option. If I come back here crying, you'll know why !

Talking about reptiles, I also had an amazing kaprosuchus that has disappeared. I have no idea what happened to Kaptain ! I was on the shore feeding an Itchy and a Diplocaulus (actually trying to feed the diplo ; this piscivore never ate the fish I gave her and died starving.. o_O). Anyways Kaptain was only like 3-4 feet behind me, and when I turned my back to look in it's direction, he was completely M.I.A. Had he been attacked and killed, I think I would have see something, as he was near me. I would at the very least have seen the bag with it's saddle. I never got a death message to notify me that he was killed. I looked in my tame list though, only to discover the sad truth there was no kapro anymore..

Tip on exploring deep ocean... first get that scuba tank first on snow cave..you will get this almost every time you turn in the artifact..this is a must so that wont have to worry about oxygen...then tame an ichty..since you have one already..(isuggest ichty cuz its the fastest mount and easy to tame on sea ..easy for exploring) then go for mosasaur...easy taming..A all-arround dino(tanky,good weight, decent speed/maneuvering  for exploring, good wide range attack)...although its hard to find..this is the best dino on sea for me...although i think tuso is also the best but since its bugged(cant tame)then ill go for mosa...and regard the harsh cold in deep sea..thick skin buff will solve that problem

other amphibian dinos or sea dino arent that worthit to tame for sea exploring/hunting ..even the baryonyx with that stun well they are decent on pvp ..

oh since the sea has too much bugged on it and very dangerous environment.. i suggest you always store the implants of your important sea dino at the base so when they lost and cant find just wait them to die and just revive them...it will cost amber on reviving but its worthit since you wont repeat all that hassle in searching>>taming>>leveling/breeding that lost/died dino..

@DeVoiD About the scuba mask, do they removed it from the outpost (or whatever craftable Station) ? I'm 100% sure it used to be available via one of the craftable stations and I can't find it anymore. But thanks to let me know that I can get a tank from the ice cave. I'd go right now, had I had some pelt.. 

What would you qualifie as a "good range attack" ?  

Is the targeting range only for the Dinos that are set to "agressive" (how far away the dinos will look for targets) or does it affect dinos in all stance (neutral/atttack my target/aggressive), i.e how far a target needs to be for the Dino to attack if set on "neutral" or "attack my target" ?

I thought that maybe if your not on your Dino and you're being attacked, this setting  will determines if your Dino will intervene or not ; but than I can't see any benefit to set the range attack to anything less than "High", plus if not attacked putting the range to Highest is basically asking for trouble - at least if I understand correctly what the range attack really is. 
Also, did anyone find out what distance the range settings mean? 

I'm going to be very frank with you : I'm far from getting a Mosasaurus ! xD I actually never saw one, nor I've ever seen a quetzal egg. But I take good note that it's your favorite sea mount for all it's qualities and will look for it. 
Also, thank you for the implants tip, it sounds like an excellent advise. 

Does anyone knows if mounting an itchy with the character outside the water (like on a jetski) makes the character immune to attacks ? Or you still can be attacked ? 

Thank you @qdzs1 for the tips too. That's nice that Basilo have the aptitude to keep you warm ; devs have thought about everything ! 
Update on my 2 sarcos : when I logged today, my sarcos were no where to be found. Just like my kapro. -_-
I don't know what could have killed 2 sarcos at my base ?? my base isn't protected yet but I have like 24 creatures so what can kill 2 sarcos and survive 22 agressive creatures ?
On this crime scene, there was an orphan sarco egg so I arrived not long after they were gone, but not soon enough to get their bags... I didn't get death messages either but I never got one for my Kapro before, neither for my Brontosaurette.. 

@spiderjockey4321 I highly doubt that they starved to death ; I gave 2-3 stack of meat and check regularly.
Plus, one of the Sarco had a boatload of fish in addition of the raw meat in its inventory (it was conveniant for me atm). He would have had some "back up food" to live for years if he ran out of meat. 

8 hours ago, Mensana21 said:

@DeVoiD About the scuba mask, do they removed it from the outpost (or whatever craftable Station) ? I'm 100% sure it used to be available via one of the craftable stations and I can't find it anymore. But thanks to let me know that I can get a tank from the ice cave. I'd go right now, had I had some pelt.. 

What would you qualifie as a "good range attack" ?  

Is the targeting range only for the Dinos that are set to "agressive" (how far away the dinos will look for targets) or does it affect dinos in all stance (neutral/atttack my target/aggressive), i.e how far a target needs to be for the Dino to attack if set on "neutral" or "attack my target" ?

I thought that maybe if your not on your Dino and you're being attacked, this setting  will determines if your Dino will intervene or not ; but than I can't see any benefit to set the range attack to anything less than "High", plus if not attacked putting the range to Highest is basically asking for trouble - at least if I understand correctly what the range attack really is. 
Also, did anyone find out what distance the range settings mean? 

I'm going to be very frank with you : I'm far from getting a Mosasaurus ! xD I actually never saw one, nor I've ever seen a quetzal egg. But I take good note that it's your favorite sea mount for all it's qualities and will look for it. 
Also, thank you for the implants tip, it sounds like an excellent advise. 

Does anyone knows if mounting an itchy with the character outside the water (like on a jetski) makes the character immune to attacks ? Or you still can be attacked ? 

The scuba mask..no dont dont bother..they remove it because it is still bugged...so no one will complain when purchasing it on crafting station..

The good range attack that im talking about is on the reach of its attack..like an aoe..even the head of the dino is not on the right angle to hit the target it still can damage it..

i cant say on how the dino command really works since i havent play this game on other platform except on mobile...but by my observation.. yes you are right i think the targeting range is set for agressive settings only(on how far away from dino itself will attack)  neutral will intervene when you and your dinos get attack regardless of its range as long as in your view...then attack my target is  its kinda neutral too but it will attack first on what you attacked...

and regards the mosa..if you can craft the saddle then go for it(i think you can it is at lvl 78) taming is easy..mosa wont chase you on a certain level of depth ...find that range of depth then hit it from there..but be wary of your surroundings though that electric eel and angler fish are too annoying...and you just need alot of narcotics, tranq arrows and crossbows.....and you really dont need the quetzal egg..if you want high taming effectiveness then ..get the soothing balm (in snow cave/swamp cave)  that will be enough..just feed it with meat/fish...

if you mean your character yes it is always immune to dino attacks when you are mounted not just with ichty...but the dino is not immune

Edit: ahh regarding the targeting range it affects also the neutral and attack my target..since this settings i always set on a dino that is following me so i didnt bother to testing it but now since i tested it... when the dino is not on follow.. if it is not on its targeting range..when set to neutral it wont help you when you get attack..and same goes to attack my target it will not attack on what you’re attacking if it is out of its range

On 8/30/2018 at 12:21 PM, Mensana21 said:

another question !! I have 2 allosaurus unconscious on the ground and only enough kibble for the Alpha one. If I kill the other one, will my allo still keep it's alpha bluff ? shall I let the second allo alive ? please if you can respond quickly, this would be so much appreciated !

No you have to have both the allo for it to work, try just taming the other with raw meat

On 8/30/2018 at 12:21 PM, Mensana21 said:

another question !! I have 2 allosaurus unconscious on the ground and only enough kibble for the Alpha one. If I kill the other one, will my allo still keep it's alpha bluff ? shall I let the second allo alive ? please if you can respond quickly, this would be so much appreciated !

Have to have both to work

• 8 months later...

Archived