Where to get wyvern eggs?

Toasterfly

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

The wyvern crystal cave would not be considered a fun time, a confined space full of angry wyverns....

I got my first eggs as a low level player from that cave using a dolphin and grapples, was actually a lot of fun! ?

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

I got my first eggs as a low level player from that cave using a dolphin and grapples, was actually a lot of fun! ?

OMG thats genius. So need to try that hahaha. Thinking outside the box, I like it ! I guess its just a case of avoiding some of the elemental breath attacks under water ? I would imagine the lightning breath being an issue. 

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

OMG thats genius. So need to try that hahaha. Thinking outside the box, I like it ! I guess its just a case of avoiding some of the elemental breath attacks under water ? I would imagine the lightning breath being an issue. 

They surprisingly lose aggro as soon as you go in the water and doesn't remember you when you go out again. ?

On August 24, 2018 at 1:55 PM, Toasterfly said:

I think I like the idea of using the dolphin and grapple, I don't have a griffin and it's certainly much easier to tame an ichthy than a griffin.

Oh ya shooting tranqs lik we do with everything else on top of being able to effectively kite the sucker in circles is way hrder thn trying to passive tame 1 of the fastest swimmers in the game thats running from u lik u shot it wen all u did was feed it.  By da time u finally catch the sucker all ur TE progress has dwindled away.  Im sure every1 here thats tried taming a decent dolphin knows wat i mean lol.  Rite @AngrySaltire,  btw good 2 see u agn dude

7 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Oh ya shooting tranqs lik we do with everything else on top of being able to effectively kite the sucker in circles is way hrder thn trying to passive tame 1 of the fastest swimmers in the game thats running from u lik u shot it wen all u did was feed it.  By da time u finally catch the sucker all ur TE progress has dwindled away.  Im sure every1 here thats tried taming a decent dolphin knows wat i mean lol.  Rite @AngrySaltire,  btw good 2 see u agn dude

Its been a while since I tamed one lol. I never had too much of a problem, but yeah I guess they do like running of after a while. I alway try to bring a tame to distract them with.

Also good to see you again too.

I've never been to the cave until yesterday. 

After reading about the ichty idea I went into the cave with a speedy Thyla. Some jumping around and I got to all the nests, only the ones close to the water were guarded by wyverns and I kept my distance. 

Had to grab a random lvl 20 egg... No better ones around. I jumped down into the water. The wyverns didn't completely forget about me, but they did not attack while I was underwater. one was following me, the others only came back every time I surfaced for oxy.

I made it out alive, one fire chasing me, but it got distracted soon.

Also tried with a rock drake. Much easier to reach the nests, but harder to navigate underwater. It got killed by a 190 Lightning :( (ofc still only low lvl eggs around). 

ragaver+ziplines will be the next attempt :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We used pteras with heavy focus on stamina to get our first eggs from the trench, but if I were starting again, I'd definitely get an ice wyvern egg first - those are SO easy, esp the one near where the desert starts. 

I haven't used a griffin, but a low level wyvern is definitely EXTREMELY good for getting higher-level eggs. Even a lvl 20 or 30 will have enough health to take a hit (unlike pteras) and the fact that you just stand on their back after dismount is really helpful, too. 

Archived