New Small Tribe

YoungCashRegister

48 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

That doesn't make any sense, since the tribe limit is 6.

Think he means advanced, like the other tribes are established. 

I suspect we won't see anything new until after Extinction comes out. 

My advice is to ask to talk to an established tribe in discord. Ask if they can recommend any areas to build, if there are any griefers to worry about. Basic info. After you talk to them they'll know you and be LESS likely to wreck your tribe for existing :)

throwing new servers into the mix doesn't change anything. those established alphas can also travel there and get their pvp. and clustering up will make it easier to conquer them all, plus you'll have less servers to travel to. only option would be to wipe all servers in certain intervals, but history has shown people don't like that very much. like, what's the point of farming, building and breeding when everything goes poof to a timer. aren't the small-tribes on their 3rd month running? would you guys be happy with that life expectancy? 

1 hour ago, eESTlane said:

throwing new servers into the mix doesn't change anything. those established alphas can also travel there and get their pvp. and clustering up will make it easier to conquer them all, plus you'll have less servers to travel to. only option would be to wipe all servers in certain intervals, but history has shown people don't like that very much. like, what's the point of farming, building and breeding when everything goes poof to a timer. aren't the small-tribes on their 3rd month running? would you guys be happy with that life expectancy? 

I wouldn't be happy with a three month wipe. After three months regular tribes  are finally at a point to start ascending and doing bosses.

On the subject of server wipes to fix balance. They don't do anything but put everyone back at square one. The tribes that are alpha, determined, and WANT TO will just grind back up again in two weeks. 

19 hours ago, CitoaK said:

You will still be rekt though, just being honest.

Yea there's definitely a lot more rage. On Island server it is cloth wearing, spear throwing, sick zombie looking dudes fighting over hide and torches. A new player logging on is like throwing a sheep into a pack of hyenas. 

On Ragnarok it can be a little more chill. 

Just need to find the right server that works for you. 

20 hours ago, steelshiv said:

Think he means advanced, like the other tribes are established. 

I suspect we won't see anything new until after Extinction comes out. 

My advice is to ask to talk to an established tribe in discord. Ask if they can recommend any areas to build, if there are any griefers to worry about. Basic info. After you talk to them they'll know you and be LESS likely to wreck your tribe for existing :)

That is called teaming and you are giving advice to encourage breaking the rules.

Other tribes are there to be killed not cuddled. Read the rules.

1 minute ago, FraggleRock said:

Except the part where I didn't??

In your post you suggested talking to another tribe on discord. That is collusion.

Furthermore you stated that doing so would mean they would be more friendlier to you. That is attempting to form an alliance.

This is quite clearly against the rules and people like me who file regular reports will have no difficulty noticing this collusion occurring on the server.

1 minute ago, ForzaProiettile said:

#1 In your post you suggested talking to another tribe on discord. That is collusion.

#2 Furthermore you stated that doing so would mean they would be more friendlier to you. That is attempting to form an alliance.

#3 This is quite clearly against the rules and people like me who file regular reports will have no difficulty noticing this collusion occurring on the server.

#1 I did not make any such suggestion 

#2 You don't think people should be friendly and help each other out? Such as handing out metal tools? Prove I did that. 

#3 I am sure you do file reports regularly. And I am sure those reports go straight into the round file. THAT can be proven.

Rules are there for a reason. Learning the basic mechanics to me is more important. If another tribe wants to help somebody out while they are learning those basic mechanics great! Unfortunately people that are "nice and friendly" makes for a great target for somebody else. Unfortunately those nice and friendly types are also good at this game. It is possible there might be some teamwork put into wiping those nice and friendly types. THAT can be proven in a tribe log. 

Being nice and friendly can't be proven but it does generate huge rewards and benefits. THAT is not breaking any rule that will be enforced. 

3 minutes ago, FraggleRock said:

#1 I did not make any such suggestion 

#2 You don't think people should be friendly and help each other out? Such as handing out metal tools? Prove I did that. 

#3 I am sure you do file reports regularly. And I am sure those reports go straight into the round file. THAT can be proven.

Rules are there for a reason. Learning the basic mechanics to me is more important. If another tribe wants to help somebody out while they are learning those basic mechanics great! Unfortunately people that are "nice and friendly" makes for a great target for somebody else. Unfortunately those nice and friendly types are also good at this game. It is possible there might be some teamwork put into wiping those nice and friendly types. THAT can be proven in a tribe log. 

Being nice and friendly can't be proven but it does generate huge rewards and benefits. THAT is not breaking any rule that will be enforced. 

You are obviously missing the point of why Small Tribe servers came to exist in the first place. Players got bored of mega tribes, mega alliances and everything else in between. They had enough of annoying PVE nonsense on what should have been PVP servers. That is why Small Tribes were specifically designed to encourage regular PVP.

Small Tribe servers are meant to be brutal, dark and bloody. Going around giving new players tools is a form of teaming. The rules are very clear on this.

So no I do not think that players from different tribes should be friendly to each other and neither do the rules. If you see someone and he is not in your tribe shoot him, that's what I do. Go to his and slaughter his dinos. Steal his loot. This is what Small Tribe servers are all about. If you want alliances and hand holding and all that other crap then play normal "PVP" servers.

7 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

You are obviously missing the point of why Small Tribe servers came to exist in the first place. Players got bored of mega tribes, mega alliances and everything else in between. They had enough of annoying PVE nonsense on what should have been PVP servers. That is why Small Tribes were specifically designed to encourage regular PVP.

Small Tribe servers are meant to be brutal, dark and bloody. Going around giving new players tools is a form of teaming. The rules are very clear on this.

So no I do not think that players from different tribes should be friendly to each other and neither do the rules. If you see someone and he is not in your tribe shoot him, that's what I do. Go to his and slaughter his dinos. Steal his loot. This is what Small Tribe servers are all about. If you want alliances and hand holding and all that other crap then play normal "PVP" servers.

Play how you want. However the rules won't be enforced because you have an opinion - rather from actually data gathering and establishing of facts.

Regardless how people play or want to play, it is still a video game and there are still basic mechanics to be learned in order to play well. People will help each other to do that.

The other day I gave somebody an egg I found on the ground - he used it to imprint on a dino he was raising. That's not me teaming up on you - I am just playing the game and helping out others. Neither you nor WildCard can prove that - but it did happen! And it will happen again!

1 minute ago, FraggleRock said:

Play how you want. However the rules won't be enforced because you have an opinion - rather from actually data gathering and establishing of facts.

Regardless how people play or want to play, it is still a video game and there are still basic mechanics to be learned in order to play well. People will help each other to do that.

The other day I gave somebody an egg I found on the ground - he used it to imprint on a dino he was raising. That's not me teaming up on you - I am just playing the game and helping out others. Neither you nor WildCard can prove that - but it did happen! And it will happen again!

Well you obviously have not read the read the rules then. What you did is very clearly against the rules for Small Tribe servers.

You are not allowed to team that includes giving other players and tribes items. If I saw you do that I'd not only would I kill both of you but I would file a report as well.

2 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Well you obviously have not read the read the rules then. What you did is very clearly against the rules for Small Tribe servers.

You are not allowed to team that includes giving other players and tribes items. If I saw you do that I'd not only would I kill both of you but I would file a report as well.

Prove it. 

Archived