My pc runs skyrim- can it run ARK?

Hawkeyrea

I was looking to buy ark on steam but as it's a lot of money to loose if it doesn't work, I wanted to know if it would work or not.

According to multiple websites and steam giving minimum requirements, I can't download ark. But I also looked up the minimum requirements for skyrim, which my laptop runs perfectly, and apparently I can't have that either.

So my question is, if the sites are cleary wrong that I can't have Skyrim, does that also mean they're wrong that I can't have ARK?

Here are the pc's details: (I don't know if half of these actually matter)

-Windows 10

-OS build: 10586.1176

-Processor: Intel Celeron CPU N3050 1.60GHz (Skyrim says it needs 2GHz, but it works fine on my laptop)

-Installed RAM: 4.00GB

-64-bit operating system

-800GB PC storage left

-2GB Recovery storage left

-About 120MB video RAM

I don't know the graphics settings

Hope you can help me

Considering you don't have a dedicated video card and only 120MB Video RAM, you can forget about playing ARK at all it wont even boot not even with all the tweaks and edits currently documented.

People with high end systems struggle to play this game, as soon as your graphics card is seriously lacking playing the game becomes impossible.

Let me put it this way, I can *just* run ark on my laptop when I'm away from home - it's a core i7 with 16Gb ram & a dedicated nVidia graphics card (4Gb video ram) - actually my mobile photo editing system - not a hope without dedicated graphics & 16Gb ram IMO. (top end lenovo laptop, was over 2,000 sterling when I got it, but is a few years old now)

My main system has an overclocked i5, 32Gb of top end DDR3 RAM and an OC 1060 and that can still struggle in big bases - in normal play it manages 60+fps with mixed epic/v. high settings & no shadows or ground clutter.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived