any cool ideas for singleplayer

KnightRider89

I'm currently playin Singleplayer as an adventure where I ONLY use the best food to tame creatures. It is grindy but keeps the danger from bigger creatures and areas relevant longer. Also building rpg bases around the map. For example my redwood base only have creatures that spawn in the redwood there. Getting raw mutton for Dilophosaurs was the most interesting journey. Only had a Diplodocus and a few raptors when searching for an Ovis.

If you havent done if before, how about going for glory and go all out for ascension ? If your up for that, that is. Work your way through the island, then Scorched, then Aberation and finally Exctinction when it comes. Basically do the game solo. I wanted to do it myself but basically the game is broken on single player for console, at least for me.

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Funnily enough that was what I was thinking about. Started watching some of it a few days ago. 

It's a great series for soloing Ark and getting through the content.

I have been so spoiled by Ragnarok  (cough: high level distribution), it's hard to go back to the island. But going back and doing a "complete" solo playthrough is worth it.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

It's a great series for soloing Ark and getting through the content.

I have been so spoiled by Ragnarok  (cough: high level distribution), it's hard to go back to the island. But going back and doing a "complete" solo playthrough is worth it.

I love seeing everything done solo showing its possible, even things that would normally not be done solo.

I would love to do it, but its got to the point on single player where the crashing is to frequent to bear, so am limited to playing on an unofficial server. Yeah I really do miss the Island lol. 

7 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I would love to do it, but its got to the point on single player where the crashing is to frequent to bear, 

I almost immediately stop actual SP mode due to the resource respawn bug. Lost all my river rock. I use ASM to run a personal LAN server. It takes less/equal system resources and any client crashes are separate from the server.

40 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I almost immediately stop actual SP mode due to the resource respawn bug. Lost all my river rock. I use ASM to run a personal LAN server. It takes less/equal system resources and any client crashes are separate from the server.

I never had problems with resources always just turned down the timers. Am on xbox so my choices are limited. 

20 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

If you havent done if before, how about going for glory and go all out for ascension ? If your up for that, that is. Work your way through the island, then Scorched, then Aberation and finally Exctinction when it comes. Basically do the game solo. I wanted to do it myself but basically the game is broken on single player for console, at least for me.

sounds like a good idea

you play ps4 or xbox

as on my xbox it dose not run the smoothest but smooth enough 

20 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I have been so spoiled by Ragnarok  (cough: high level distribution)

I was playing long time on Official before I gave up and went for SP.but when I was on Offical Island I would head for the center for high levels.

TRansfer dinos is easy and viable as long as you back up your save file before(ARK is known for deleteing all progreess rollback etc)

2 minutes ago, darcek said:

I was playing long time on Official before I gave up and went for SP.but when I was on Offical Island I would head for the center for high levels.

TRansfer dinos is easy and viable as long as you back up your save file before(ARK is known for deleteing all progreess rollback etc)

Both Ragnarok and the Center have higher level spawns as a higher distribution. Map jumping can be fun, but sometimes you just want to do storyline...one map at a time.

In my SP campaign (storyline focus), I use this cool mod called rare sighting (custom settings). All rare sighteningas creatures are around max level or higher. It basically gives you a scavenger hunt to get some good tames, fun colors.

I really wish the tek creatures had been setup like rare sightings. Rare..the 5% spawn rate. Higher level...the 20% higher level.  But make it so all tek creatures spawn with the top 3 or 4 possible levels, so they are all good.

On 8/22/2018 at 6:13 AM, KnightRider89 said:

so after a year or 2 of being in a tribe i decided to just relax and play single player

anyone have any cool builds or other stuff i can do 

because i am stuck just thinking of what to do 

For my building ideas I watch Aaron Longstaff on YT. He has plenty of different builds to look through 

On 8/22/2018 at 10:14 AM, Aylana314159 said:

I did a lot of SP following Phlinger Phoo's soloing the ark series on YT.

Really you just need to set goals or quests.

Maybe not full rulesets like no fly or no ride...But some adventures.

I love that series. He seems to do everything legit too. He doesn’t seem to spawn everything in like some other YT people. 

Hello,

Make a challenge for you and friends. I can make example, like you can only tame dinos you can find blueprints for saddles.. This makes a blueprint hunt and your first tamed dino likely a Moschops, can suprise you maybe.

Or a kibble tribe just with level 150 tamed. I suggest a separate tribe since it reduces lag.

Since you played officials I suggest your setup to be one times (1x), all else feels like cheating. I have fuel consumption set to high value though :) makes lots of nice lights around the map that never stops burning. 64 is my value, still gets the charcoal done in a fireplace.

Last update however made the use of command "saveworld" more necessary its unfortunate since the client never crashed and it was pleasant gameplay just before that.

Hopefully WC can make a new update asap.

Good luck and build to last.

Regards,

Ariana 

On 8/23/2018 at 6:15 PM, KingGalahad said:

Sp can get boring after awhile as ark does tend to be more of a social game (at least for me). I would almost suggest finding a slightly boosted pve server that has a good community and enjoy that. It is a lot calmer pace and fun to do caves and such with other people

i kinda just wanted to be able to come on or decide to come on when i wanted to 

so having a tribe would challenge that

11 minutes ago, KnightRider89 said:

i kinda just wanted to be able to come on or decide to come on when i wanted to 

so having a tribe would challenge that

Depends on the server, really dont need to be in a tribe.. The server I play on is a PvE server with very friendly rates for solo players. Basically structure decay isnt a thing, tame dino hunger has been reduced massively and gasoline lasts for an agefor example.  The server was actually set up with solo players in mind. I am playing solo on it very happily.

Hellooo,

;)

Build challenge with sloped roofs and floating ceilings.

Place a foundation and walls 12 high, then a ceiling on the top. Foundation on your lowest build area, might be in water for frogs and dimetrodons.

From this foundation place pillars up in a 15x15 area, you can space them 15 x 1 and repeat 15x1 so that a 4x15 area is just ground mesh. Like a continuous single row of pillars. Extend the ceilings at the highest level as you place pillars. As single pillars can not be placed (too low into ground) extend with two pillar higher then you get a snap point that is green.

Once done build walls down from ceilings and make a room. Or split the high room in two levels 2 times 6 high.

Deactivate structure placement collision so that you can not clip into terrain as on aofficial servers.

Place where walls meet ground sloped roofs together with foundations snapped to pillars. Challenge is to make all enemy players unable to look or walk in to your house. This also requires two out side walls since dinos can get head into walls, you might skip this part.

Hint: slooped roof mechanics is the same as for ceilings. Ceilings: you can not place ceiling at bottom of wall you need on more lower wall and then you can place a ceiling. Once ceiling is placed the lowest support wall can be removed and ceiling is still placed.

Good luck and happy times with gcm (givecreativemode) command.

Edit: use metal ramps when it is impossible at the ground level.

Regards,

Ariana 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Hopefully we get the bugs fuxed with next update. To build in a crash free area is always nice.

Therefore I suggest a bridge from Fars peak beach on the Island map over to Carno Island. 

It is the most difficult bridge area you can build but it is possible using the large rectangular stone already bridging the deepest spot. You could not build there if not for this large stone.

Below the beach on main land you find a flat square stone this is the lowest starting point and it is lined up in the directions you need to build.

You need pillars roofs/ceilings and walls only. Pillars to build up and roofs walls for building down. A temporary bridge is placed as a check that you get foundation support with your pillars. Creating the above described snap point chain.

Hard but it is done in two hours.it is very nice and rewarding.

Good luck and remember to type saveworld from time to time.

Regards,

Ariana 

Archived