will item and dino's be able to be transfers on to Extinction?

StoneyDLEON89

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

Hopefully they only allow transfers off (player, item, dino) the map for a while. And only players to transfer in.

They have not confirmed anything (that I have seen) but probably this.  Expect a lockdown for the first few months but eventually they should enable server transfer like they did for Aberration. Now will extinction be easy to transfer or a pain in the @#$% like aberration idk. Pray they at least have obelisks and that they are not guarded by titans lol. 

I would think extinction wont have randomly spawning supply drops. In island ascension, we see those being created at the overseer platforms.

I would expect drops, if any, to be similar to abberation drops.

Official will probably open up as a character only transfer server. Eventually opening up to full transfer. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, ishootpaint said:

Watch the begining of the AB trailer compared to the begining of the EX trailer. I dont think they had a character waking up from ascension with a tame for no reason ;)

Waking up from an ascension is it bit of a leap of assumption there. Ascension doesn't even have anything to do with it.

That video could easily be someone respawning at a bed.

1 hour ago, GP said:

Waking up from an ascension is it bit of a leap of assumption there. Ascension doesn't even have anything to do with it.

That video could easily be someone respawning at a bed.

I get what your saying. But both trailers gave me the assumption that you had just arrived on the ark, which would make alot of sense for the begining of a trailer. I only used the word ascension for a lack of a better word for beating rockwell and going to earth.

Im super excited for the DLC either way, I actually really enjoy starting from scratch in an unknown environment. And everything said in this post is of course assumption and interpretation.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, ishootpaint said:

I get what your saying. But both trailers gave me the assumption that you had just arrived on the ark, which would make alot of sense for the begining of a trailer. I only used the word ascension for a lack of a better word for beating rockwell and going to earth.

Im super excited for the DLC either way, I actually really enjoy starting from scratch in an unknown environment.

If that was the first time that survivor was on Extinction, which I understand how it looks, just like Aberration did, they wouldn't have a Rex there already. It's an odd start to the video and I think it's just meant to show what's going to be on the map, rather than what you can start with. I wouldn't be surprised if it is only survivor transfer at the start like all other maps have been, then later opening up to items and dinos.

The rex is there already because it would be too blatant to show it being downloaded and saddled. Im in advertising and design myself and when your teasing you never show your full hand. You want to put an idea in someones head that could or couldn't be sybolism to get people talking, much like we're doing now. Look at any marketing piece for upcoming content by whoever WC has on retention and the common theme is there is always something there hidden for the curious to discover, just like the titans silhouette in the first image released for EX. 

But I've rambled on long enough and honestly i hope your right. But I also know nothing in a marketing teaser is there just to be there. Every element of the scene has a strict and more often than not symbolic or informative purpose.  

Just my 2 shekels, so take anything i said with a grain of salt.

If you notice in the trailer you're not getting up from laying on the ground like in all previous trailers. Also, in all previous trailers it shows the character getting killed first. Not this time.

Anyway, my money is on Extinction being transfer locked except for your character just like with Scorched Earth and Aberration. The last thing we need is for people to be able to transfer in with 1k pillars.

12 hours ago, AndrewLB said:

Also, in all previous trailers it shows the character getting killed first.

Only the SE trailer shows you getting killed by a wyv in the intro. And im honestly not even taking that trailer into account since it was from so long ago and was more of a showcase than a cinematic trailer.

Cant wait to find out. 

• 2 months later...

Archived