Code of Conduct - Oil pumps (PvE)

Tiritto

Hello everyone,

I have few questions about oil pumps on official Ragnarok servers (possibly SE as well):

1. Is it allowed to block someone's oil pump by building pillars in close proximity, making oil pump owner unable to build around it?

2. Is it allowed to build metal block structure around the oil pump in order to prevent other players from reclaiming them? (oil pumps are supposed to expire after 48h)

3. Is it allowed to replace expired oil pump with your own if given oil pump was inside someone's base that has not expired yet?

4. If the answer for the 3rd question is "Yes", is it allowed for the original base owner to block an access to the oil pump, preventing its new owner from accessing it?

5. If the answer for the 1st and 4th question is "Yes", is it allowed to block someone's oil pump in order to prevent him from accessing it regardless of the location?

6. If the answer for any of those above questions was "No", does it mean I can report such a person?

7. Assuming I managed to claim expired oil pump and I want to build few structures in close proximity to it. Is the previous owner obligated to remove his old structures?

Guest DJRone89
4 minutes ago, Tiritto said:

My apologies, I forgot to mention this detail. Yes, I'm talking about PvE server.

Without reading the code of conduct I’m fairly confident that points 1 and 2 would break the rules, where as the others would come down to the GM’s discretion.

There’s no harm in reporting an issue if you have genuine concern, just make sure you are thorough and can provide reasonable evidence.

One of my problems is the fact that I claimed some expired pump close to someone's base. I am not a jerk so I always leave my pumps unlocked so other people can use it as well. Sadly, this person used this fact to take advantage over me and built a box around that pump so I can't access it anymore. How can I even prove that inside was my pump at any point? They expire after just 2 days, so it might be gone before I even get a reply from support.

18 minutes ago, mecandbuttons said:

you cant place a pillar if someone else pillars close to the pump.

You cannot block pumps on PVE and I don't believe you are allowed to build structures over it either. You would need to make a ticket and see what happens.

Can you direct me to where someone from WC has said that you cant block pumps or build structures over them?

22 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Wouldnt this be similar to the element crafting stations on Aberration? 

Do the element crafting stations on Aberration require a structure to be placed on them, one that starts out locked by default that only the owner can use, thereby locking all others out of accessing it? Then yes.

4 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

Like gas pump on Aberration. 

There are no clear rules about it and thus depends on the person in charge of your ticket. Mods deal with it at their own discretion. 

From the coc

PvE Specific Griefing

Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvEservers. This can include but is not limited to:

Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, etc)

9 hours ago, Grandta said:

From the coc

PvE Specific Griefing

Game Blocking - you are not allowed to block other tribes from playing the game on PvEservers. This can include but is not limited to:

Blocking access to important resources (ie. charge nodes, gas nodes, etc)

Nodes, not pump. Wordings. Interpretations. => To the mods' discretion.

Archived