Arthropleura OP pls nerf

steelshiv

The title is a bit of a joke but the main point is not.

The Arthropleura, or "centipede" is relatively easy to tame as it only requires 1 Broth of Enlightenment to tame a 150 with x3 rates and 3 Broth of Enlightenment on normal rate servers. The Broth used in taming is moderately easy to get as advanced crops can be grown in a day, and the rest of the ingredients can be obtained after a short hunt for them. Post tame, it does not require any special food items to keep it alive, unlike other similar dinos the require special food like the snail, which is tamed with veggie cakes and ONLY eats veggie cakes. 

The Centipede is capable of dealing a considerable amount of damage to all structures except tek. 

Due to the ease of taming them tribes are now using them in place of C4 to raid structures after soaking turrets. It has become entirely too easy to completely destroy structures with these and believe that balance is needed. 

What does the Community think? Are the Centipedes too powerful for how easy to tame they are? Have they entirely replaced C4 in raiding? Should they be balanced somehow?

4 minutes ago, Veraduun said:

Just lost my Castle with 100 auto turrets and 50k rounds to this. Soaked and used Arthys to take out everything else. 

Same here, just lost what little our tribe had left after a prior raid to tribe using these. 

3 minutes ago, Demerus said:

WC nerfs with a sledgehammer, they also buff the same way.

All to make the tame relevant because who really actually used them before? Probably nobody.

I agree, the arthro was irrelevant before the buff. I'm okay with their ability to destroy, but the ease with which they can be tamed and maintained in proportion to how much damage they can do should be looked at.

8 minutes ago, steelshiv said:

I agree, the arthro was irrelevant before the buff. I'm okay with their ability to destroy, but the ease with which they can be tamed and maintained in proportion to how much damage they can do should be looked at.

Honestly their taming method doesn't bother me. It's not like it's absurdly easy or anything. But the damage they do is quite absurd. I even hate how much sense it makes since they spit an acid like substance that rightfully should damage stone, metal and the like. But they just became a high priority on the raiding side of the game.

Additionally, other breath attacks like Fire from the Wyvern doesn't even damage Wood last time I checked. Nor does Lightning damage metal (which if we're playing the Arthy acid route, then it should)

23 minutes ago, steelshiv said:

The title is a bit of a joke but the main point is not.

The Arthropleura, or "centipede" is relatively easy to tame as it only requires 1 Broth of Enlightenment to tame a 150 with x3 rates and 3 Broth of Enlightenment on normal rate servers. The Broth used in taming is moderately easy to get as advanced crops can be grown in a day, and the rest of the ingredients can be obtained after a short hunt for them. Post tame, it does not require any special food items to keep it alive, unlike other similar dinos the require special food like the snail, which is tamed with veggie cakes and ONLY eats veggie cakes. 

The Centipede is capable of dealing a considerable amount of damage to all structures except tek. 

Due to the ease of taming them tribes are now using them in place of C4 to raid structures after soaking turrets. It has become entirely too easy to completely destroy structures with these and believe that balance is needed. 

What does the Community think? Are the Centipedes too powerful for how easy to tame they are? Have they entirely replaced C4 in raiding? Should they be balanced somehow?

No, These things take 3x damage from ranged weapons and 5x damage from explosives. A few fabby rounds and they are dead. These things are a high risk and high reward but they don't need to be nerfed

happened to me too in beginner server, stopped pvp for good after that, I will no longer waste +100s hours to loose everything over the night due to that kind of balance issues

ark is too broken in so many ways and will never be a viable game for pvp

this is why this game has such low ratings btw, too many people have wasted countless hours of their time over stupid bugs and balance issues

19 minutes ago, dodogal said:

happened to me too in beginner server, stopped pvp for good after that, I will no longer waste +100s hours to loose everything over the night due to that kind of balance issues

ark is too broken in so many ways and will never be a viable game for pvp

this is why this game has such low ratings btw, too many people have wasted countless hours of their time over stupid bugs and balance issues

No. It has bad ratings because people are salty. Look at the hours of the people who gave bad reviews. A nerf happens (melee nerf, melee nerf 2, flier nerf, giga nerfs etc) and they bomb reviews. Every time. 

The nature of this game is harsh. Yes, there are a lot of bugs that isnt being denied. After thousands of hours to post an extreme negative review? Bah

2 hours ago, RasFW said:

Arthro is a janitor, not a raid dino. If it's close enough to eat your foundations, you're already well beyond lost the fight.

It's a good janitor dino, however I'd say titanosaur is better for cleaning up. 

In one hour a base can be foundation wiped by a cross-ark, offline raiding party using a combination of soaking dinos and the centipedes.

The damage they do to structures is not the point. The ease/speed of taming and simple upkeep compared to the amount of damage they can do is the issue. 

• 2 months later...

Having played 5000+ hours I noticed a number of my metal bases started to get fully wiped - as if they were made of thatch.  Then learnt about these crazy OP dinos.  Im guessing supporting the extreme unbalanced nature of ark towards the alphas does lead to more sales for wildcard, than creating a more balanced style game.... otherwise why did they decide to make bases so easy to fully destroy?  (Prim+ player primarily due to the historically more balanced nature of it)... 

• 5 months later...

I am currently playing on an unofficial server on console, getting raided, twice a day by the SAME tribe each day, had to rush to a metal core and have installed like 20 doors to make a maze but they use a combo of C4 and arthro and high level rex, we are generally offline so have had to resort to secret stashes for our BP's and gear is so annoying. Oh and health, and weight are boosted so i don't even know if a turret or two would do anything, first raid it was just the doors, second and third it was literally half the base, i expect to be foundation wiped before the week is over. I think a velonosaur might be our only hope right now (The map is Ragnarok but things are weird on this server e.g. half the dino's seem to be rex's and i have found enforcers before)

• 6 months later...
On 5/12/2019 at 7:10 PM, johnm81 said:

only noobs think they are OP. News flash its not the arthro thats op its the soaker that took down your defenses that allowed the arthro in thats op.

learn game mechanics...

Im 5,000+ hours and hope Im not a noob... but I think they are CRAZY OP... not even a debate.  No resources needed and you can smash down any wall easily... surely that is the exact definition of OP in Ark??

19 minutes ago, Charlie12345 said:

Im 5,000+ hours and hope Im not a noob... but I think they are CRAZY OP... not even a debate.  No resources needed and you can smash down any wall easily... surely that is the exact definition of OP in Ark??

You can literally kill any arthro with a prim bow made in ur inventory...

11 hours ago, Charlie12345 said:

If hours played means anything to you I am over double yours and I can tell you they are not OP.

No, the fact it takes no resources is not the definition of OP in Ark. Now if it was cheap and had no counters then I would agree they are OP. But Arthros have a huge weakness that is easy to counter them with bringing them back into balance.

This is a fairly old Necro'd thread...  But Arthros are very very weak to firearm damage.  You can kill them quick.  Now if you get soaked and decide to leave, they are gonna get in anyway whether they use C4 or an Arthro.  If you are offlined and they soak your turrets, again they are gonna get in anyway whether they use C4 or an Arthro.  It simply reduces the amount of farming required to take down walls in a post-soak raid.

• 2 months later...

Archived