Stat Cap

FluffyUnicorn

Well, on official it's 450 on tamed dinos, why? I don't know.

Otherwise, stat won't save proprely on server reboot if it exceed a certain amount of point. Forgot it, but it's like 250 somtehing point. The dino will be fine... Until server restart and its stat will be randomised as the game didn't save it proprely (from what I remember seeing somewhere).

51 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Well, on official it's 450 on tamed dinos, why? I don't know.

Otherwise, stat won't save proprely on server reboot if it exceed a certain amount of point. Forgot it, but it's like 250 somtehing point. The dino will be fine... Until server restart and its stat will be randomised as the game didn't save it proprely (from what I remember seeing somewhere).

450 is the level cap not stat cap, 255 is the stat cap if you go over either of them on official they go poof when the server restarts, or so i have been told via google.

If you go over 255 on a unoffcial the stat will reset back to its base, or at least thats what used to happen.

255? that is points per any stat? & we are supposed to know this through someone creating an outside program such as ark breeder? not in the game that came from the developers?

Mm so they lose countless hours cause there is no safety in place, no warning, nothing, stat turns red, nutn?  Oh boy some people are going to come in here with a passion when that happens.

1 minute ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

255? that is points per any stat? & we are supposed to know this through someone creating an outside program such as ark breeder? not in the game that came from the developers?

Mm so they lose countless hours cause there is no safety in place, no warning, nothing, stat turns red, nutn?  Oh boy some people are going to come in here with a passion when that happens.

When you get 255 points into one stat you can worry about it. Dont think youll sse a base melee 1400 rex anytime soon though lol.

20 minutes ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

I do agree that both cap's should have been better documented, mainly by the community, and potentially even actually capped and unable to get past said number. That being said as the poster above mentioned, 255 in a single is something your most likely never going to see in a official setting, though people have lost dino's to the level cap kicking in on a official server reboot.

13 minutes ago, lordbufu said:

I do agree that both cap's should have been better documented, mainly by the community, and potentially even actually capped and unable to get past said number. That being said as the poster above mentioned, 255 in a single is something your most likely never going to see in a official setting, though people have lost dino's to the level cap kicking in on a official server reboot.

Well, it doesn't go red or anything... It goes well until the server restart and the stat of your dino gets randomized because it couldn't be saved. Otherwise it works as usual until the the restart.

10 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Well, it doesn't go red or anything... It goes well until the server restart and the stat of your dino gets randomized because it couldn't be saved. Otherwise it works as usual until the the restart.

When did it change to a random number, last time i went over it with a mod (quite a while ago), it reset back to its base value from what i remember.

5 minutes ago, Paroxyde said:

Last time it did it to me was about a year ago when I was just chilling in SP... So, a year ago?

Interesting, mine was like back in 2015/2016ish, so they did change something but dint bother to actually cap it.

Never really bothered again because of the cap, kinda ruined the fun of raising the level in my opinion.

I had a rex (on unofficial boosted server) it had 800k damage and after server restart it went down to 41k and because it's maxed, I can no longer do anything about that. Was rather disappointed as my rex was my first mutation and was going to be my breeder. But after learning more about the stat cap, I will be more careful in the future :) 

7 hours ago, FluffyUnicorn said:

I had a rex (on unofficial boosted server) it had 800k damage and after server restart it went down to 41k and because it's maxed, I can no longer do anything about that. Was rather disappointed as my rex was my first mutation and was going to be my breeder. But after learning more about the stat cap, I will be more careful in the future :) 

Just dont do over 255 lvls in one stat, its like engine restriction

On 8/21/2018 at 2:32 PM, lordbufu said:

450 is the level cap not stat cap, 255 is the stat cap if you go over either of them on official they go poof when the server restarts, or so i have been told via google.

If you go over 255 on a unoffcial the stat will reset back to its base, or at least thats what used to happen.

Stat cap doesn't make your Dino go "poof" if you go over -- that only applies to Level Cap on Official Servers (450).

Stat Cap simply means that a stat can no longer be upgraded past 255 due to that being the limit of hexadecimal values in games (Think FF & KH games maximum level is 255). That's why it is ideal to stop breeding for mutations past 187 -- you get more value levelling that stat than mutating it futher, due to mutatoins giving a flat bonus and levels giving a percentage.

43 minutes ago, Orion said:

Stat cap doesn't make your Dino go "poof" if you go over -- that only applies to Level Cap on Official Servers (450).

Stat Cap simply means that a stat can no longer be upgraded past 255 due to that being the limit of hexadecimal values in games (Think FF & KH games maximum level is 255). That's why it is ideal to stop breeding for mutations past 187 -- you get more value levelling that stat than mutating it futher, due to mutatoins giving a flat bonus and levels giving a percentage.

TIL

Thanks! Never linked the two but makes perfect sense now

• 10 months later...
On 8/24/2018 at 7:08 AM, BertNoobians said:

the value is stored in 8 bit so a 255 plus another mutation is 1 again, thats why 255 is max.

only 450 lvl dinos are deleted, but thats just because wc doesnt want us to have stronger dino.

It’s because it was rumored or someone from long ago breed out level 700-1000’s and they had to nerf it for a major balancing or else you would have to face gigas and other tames to do unreal damage 

On 8/21/2018 at 9:57 PM, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

You probably won't ever reach that without messing with server settings and devs are not responsible for what you(server owner) do.  Won't be a problem for majority of players.

If you can do it on official then you probably already know all there is to know about breeding, stats, levels and caps without game telling you about it. Only realistic way of players accidentally go over limits is if someone would add trash stats to their gene lines to troll people by giving them eggs that would hatch at 450+.

Archived